Vote for Alex Singleton

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4985
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by RickRund » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:53 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:48 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:45 pm
With just a few clicks left in the half Alex already has 10 tackles; 8 solo, 1 sack, 1 TFL and a QB hit...

They are trailing 17-14...
I believe he had the 3 of 4 tackles on Washingtons 1st drive. His sack was impressive.
And for some reason they took away 1 solo. Now it show 10/7, not 10/8... Will hopefully see some highlights from this game...



BleedingBLue
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3181
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:27 pm

14 total tackles, 8 solo, 1 sack and 1 TFL. Great game by Alex and he has definitely cemented his spot in the lineup moving forward. He's a beast in the run game and there is almost never a completion to his man or in his zone. If there is he makes the tackle immediately.



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3621
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:38 am



Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

St George
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by St George » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:09 am

I watched last nights game against Washington. Was it just me or were the announcers both one sided in favor of Washington. They mentioned Wash. had 2 or three first round picks on defense a few times and hardly said a word about Philly. Alex Singleton if not making the tackle was usually close enough to have an impact on the ball carriers direction. GO CATS!



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6474
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by catatac » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:55 am

St George wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:09 am
I watched last nights game against Washington. Was it just me or were the announcers both one sided in favor of Washington. They mentioned Wash. had 2 or three first round picks on defense a few times and hardly said a word about Philly. Alex Singleton if not making the tackle was usually close enough to have an impact on the ball carriers direction. GO CATS!
Sort of... but they also talked before the game about how this game certainly meant something for the Eagles, so then when they made some dumb decisions when the game was still very much in reach, especially switching QBs, announcers ripped on them for that and rightly so.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6474
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by catatac » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:55 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:38 am
HAHAHA, Ditto! =D^


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

St George
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by St George » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:07 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:55 am
St George wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:09 am
I watched last nights game against Washington. Was it just me or were the announcers both one sided in favor of Washington. They mentioned Wash. had 2 or three first round picks on defense a few times and hardly said a word about Philly. Alex Singleton if not making the tackle was usually close enough to have an impact on the ball carriers direction. GO CATS!
Sort of... but they also talked before the game about how this game certainly meant something for the Eagles, so then when they made some dumb decisions when the game was still very much in reach, especially switching QBs, announcers ripped on them for that and rightly so.
I agree with ripping on the change of QB for the last few minutes. They must have really wanted to keep their spot in line for the draft. But it has to be deflating to the players to end the year with a loss. Hopefully they have a short memory.



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3621
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:37 pm



Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3621
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:50 pm



Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:19 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:50 pm
Just think he only played special teams the 1st 2 games and didn't start until game 6. He had a phenomenal year!



User avatar
JDoub
Member # Retired
Posts: 2541
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Salt Lake City (SL,UT)

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by JDoub » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:10 am

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/alex ... for-eagles

Sports Illustrated
“ Alex Singleton is Best Story of 2020 for Eagles”

excerpt:
the last linebacker to get more than 100, per pro-football reference, was Nigel Bradham when he had 102 in 2016. The only other linebacker to do it over the last decade was DeMeco Ryans, who went over 100 in 2012 with 113 and 2013 with 127.
Singleton reached 105 numbers despite not joining the starting lineup until Gerry went on IR, never to be seen again, in Week 6 on Oct. 18.
For every tackle he made this year, the linebacker has donated money to Special Olympics PA to honor his big sister, Ashley, who is a Special Olympics athlete in California.
“It’s pretty cool,” said Singleton, about topping 100 tackles. “I always talk about that Tackling Inclusion thing that I did for Special Olympics. I see all the Tweets about it, the last time a linebacker did it and stuff.
“To me, it really matters because the most I’ve been able to give back to the community because of it. I know originally they projected me to have 12 tackles, so to come out and have over 100, it’s special and it means a lot.”



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9621
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:55 am

I knew his contract was up, but didn't realize his status. It will be interesting to see what the Eagles offer.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA)

An exclusive rights free agent (ERFA) is any NFL veteran [who reaches the end of his contract] with less than three accrued seasons. A rookie (first year player), second, and third year player each fall into this category.

A player with exclusive rights status may only sign a contract with their original team, if the original team placed the minimum salary tender, typically during the first days following the completion of the Super Bowl through the start of the new league year (mid-March).

Any player who receives a team’s exclusive rights minimum salary tender will not be able to negotiate with another team, and the player must only re-sign with his original team.

If the minimum salary tender is not given or the tender has been withdrawn by the original team to a player with less than three accrued seasons, that player will then be completely free to sign with any team without any penalty or any restrictions.
https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/7/13/206 ... fa-rfa-ufa


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3822
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:18 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:55 am
I knew his contract was up, but didn't realize his status. It will be interesting to see what the Eagles offer.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA)

An exclusive rights free agent (ERFA) is any NFL veteran [who reaches the end of his contract] with less than three accrued seasons. A rookie (first year player), second, and third year player each fall into this category.

A player with exclusive rights status may only sign a contract with their original team, if the original team placed the minimum salary tender, typically during the first days following the completion of the Super Bowl through the start of the new league year (mid-March).

Any player who receives a team’s exclusive rights minimum salary tender will not be able to negotiate with another team, and the player must only re-sign with his original team.

If the minimum salary tender is not given or the tender has been withdrawn by the original team to a player with less than three accrued seasons, that player will then be completely free to sign with any team without any penalty or any restrictions.
https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/7/13/206 ... fa-rfa-ufa
Am I interpreting this correctly? The Eagles basically control his rights and only need to offer him a minimum deal for one year? If they do that, Alex cannot go anywhere else.



User avatar
Montanabob
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:51 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:18 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:55 am
I knew his contract was up, but didn't realize his status. It will be interesting to see what the Eagles offer.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA)

An exclusive rights free agent (ERFA) is any NFL veteran [who reaches the end of his contract] with less than three accrued seasons. A rookie (first year player), second, and third year player each fall into this category.

A player with exclusive rights status may only sign a contract with their original team, if the original team placed the minimum salary tender, typically during the first days following the completion of the Super Bowl through the start of the new league year (mid-March).

Any player who receives a team’s exclusive rights minimum salary tender will not be able to negotiate with another team, and the player must only re-sign with his original team.

If the minimum salary tender is not given or the tender has been withdrawn by the original team to a player with less than three accrued seasons, that player will then be completely free to sign with any team without any penalty or any restrictions.
https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/7/13/206 ... fa-rfa-ufa
Am I interpreting this correctly? The Eagles basically control his rights and only need to offer him a minimum deal for one year? If they do that, Alex cannot go anywhere else.
Well he could, but unwise to do so, go back to Canada. They better show him the money or...


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

User avatar
thefrank1
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 800
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:38 pm

I seem to recall that Alex had a three year contract that has not ended yet.


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3621
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:25 pm



Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3621
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 pm



Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

imacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Vote for Alex Singleton

Post by imacat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:54 pm




Post Reply