Hall & Blevins

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9613
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Hall & Blevins

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:36 am



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9613
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:12 am





"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6778
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:00 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/31 ... in-blevins

A very historic 4 minutes! Congrats.



User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4497
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:18 am

Not to be a debbie downer, but this just makes me laugh.... so we had a team for a handful of years that featured 2 nba players, one of them the all time leading scorer in big sky history... along with one of the best point guards in the history of the league in Harold Frey, who is playing pro bball over seas..... and what is the best those teams ever finished in league play? Like 6th maybe?... hahahaha, what a joke. Thank goodness Fish is gone.

Any big sky team with that much talent should pretty much be going undefeated in league play. 🤦‍♂️


FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:51 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:18 am
Not to be a debbie downer, but this just makes me laugh.... so we had a team for a handful of years that featured 2 nba players, one of them the all time leading scorer in big sky history... along with one of the best point guards in the history of the league in Harold Frey, who is playing pro bball over seas..... and what is the best those teams ever finished in league play? Like 6th maybe?... hahahaha, what a joke. Thank goodness Fish is gone.

Any big sky team with that much talent should pretty much be going undefeated in league play. 🤦‍♂️
I thought the same thing... and he had a currently starting PAC 12 point guard on the roster (Bonton) that left after 3 or 4 games.



Griz__00
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:34 am

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by Griz__00 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:54 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:18 am
Not to be a debbie downer, but this just makes me laugh.... so we had a team for a handful of years that featured 2 nba players, one of them the all time leading scorer in big sky history... along with one of the best point guards in the history of the league in Harold Frey, who is playing pro bball over seas..... and what is the best those teams ever finished in league play? Like 6th maybe?... hahahaha, what a joke. Thank goodness Fish is gone.

Any big sky team with that much talent should pretty much be going undefeated in league play. 🤦‍♂️
This statement makes sense from the way you put it. But with context, Blevins was an average starter at the BSC level. I was confused to see him on an NBA roster. Must’ve really put his head down and put the work in. He certainly had the physical tools for it. But as for 6th. I’d say given how thin you were at the big man spots during Halls tenure, it isn’t a surprise to me. In my opinion, Sprinkle has already done a far better job of rounding out a complete roster in all positions than Fish ever did.



User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3707
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:45 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:54 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:18 am
Not to be a debbie downer, but this just makes me laugh.... so we had a team for a handful of years that featured 2 nba players, one of them the all time leading scorer in big sky history... along with one of the best point guards in the history of the league in Harold Frey, who is playing pro bball over seas..... and what is the best those teams ever finished in league play? Like 6th maybe?... hahahaha, what a joke. Thank goodness Fish is gone.

Any big sky team with that much talent should pretty much be going undefeated in league play. 🤦‍♂️
This statement makes sense from the way you put it. But with context, Blevins was an average starter at the BSC level. I was confused to see him on an NBA roster. Must’ve really put his head down and put the work in. He certainly had the physical tools for it. But as for 6th. I’d say given how thin you were at the big man spots during Halls tenure, it isn’t a surprise to me. In my opinion, Sprinkle has already done a far better job of rounding out a complete roster in all positions than Fish ever did.
I agree


2020 Beat the Covids!

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Blevins is not NBA talent I am sorry guys. He doesn't have the shot consistency to make it to the next level. The only reason is he on the roster is due to his cousin being the star of the team. Great to seem him make it and get a chance, but he only avg. 4pts in the G league. Tyler needs to get in a position like JJ Reddick where he is just a spot up shooter, but will be a tough go. I hope they both go and play overseas and make a name for themselves over there. I doubt Kelvin will have to worry financially as I think he cousin probably takes good care of him. Great publicity for MSU though! Go Cats!



User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6778
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:35 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:30 pm
Blevins is not NBA talent I am sorry guys. He doesn't have the shot consistency to make it to the next level. The only reason is he on the roster is due to his cousin being the star of the team. Great to seem him make it and get a chance, but he only avg. 4pts in the G league. Tyler needs to get in a position like JJ Reddick where he is just a spot up shooter, but will be a tough go. I hope they both go and play overseas and make a name for themselves over there. I doubt Kelvin will have to worry financially as I think he cousin probably takes good care of him. Great publicity for MSU though! Go Cats!
Far as I'm concerned, this makes up for Larry Chaney who was cut by the Cincinnati Royals (now the Sacramento Kings) because in those days there were unwritten rules about how many black players could be on a roster.



autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by autocat » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Domako, I thought you spent some time with the Houston Rockets



Domako
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by Domako » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:20 am

autocat wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Domako, I thought you spent some time with the Houston Rockets
I never played in a regular season game.


Tom Domako

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by autocat » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:58 pm

Thanks for the clarification, too bad they didn’t have the G-league back then!



imacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by imacat » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:32 pm

Domako wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:20 am
autocat wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Domako, I thought you spent some time with the Houston Rockets
I never played in a regular season game.
Tom, I lived in Houston when you were with the Rockets. I was surprised when you were cut ... I really thought you had made the team. You had a good preseason.



Domako
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:53 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by Domako » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:47 pm

imacat wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Domako wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:20 am
autocat wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Domako, I thought you spent some time with the Houston Rockets
I never played in a regular season game.
Tom, I lived in Houston when you were with the Rockets. I was surprised when you were cut ... I really thought you had made the team. You had a good preseason.
Image


Tom Domako

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2555
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Back in the US, but not home

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:41 pm

These days, I think most teams would make room for a guy who is 6'10" and can hit 3s, even if they had to cut someone else to do it.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1420
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:17 pm

Nice picture, Tom. Thanks.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4968
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by RickRund » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Domako wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:47 pm
imacat wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Domako wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:20 am
autocat wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Domako, I thought you spent some time with the Houston Rockets
I never played in a regular season game.
Tom, I lived in Houston when you were with the Rockets. I was surprised when you were cut ... I really thought you had made the team. You had a good preseason.
Image
Don't you dare get in Larry Bird's face... That was probably the reason :)



User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6778
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:52 pm

Saw Blevins score a basket tonight against the Clippers. Another historic milestone. The first former Bobcat to score in a regular season NBA game!
https://www.nba.com/game/por-lac-0022000061/box-score



User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4652
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Hall & Blevins

Post by Cledus » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:16 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:52 pm
Saw Blevins score a basket tonight against the Clippers. Another historic milestone. The first former Bobcat to score in a regular season NBA game!
https://www.nba.com/game/por-lac-0022000061/box-score
Here’s the video.
https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?Cont ... ction=game


UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Post Reply