MSU response

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
onceacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by onceacat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Wow really? I feel like I've had a lot of conversations about some of these topics and don't recall hearing any good reason.

Honestly, I don't recall a single answer to any of those questions. But by all means, I'm all ears. So far, pretty much all I have heard in regards to all these questions is that it's because we were told to do something so it's our responsibility to listen. That works for some, but for me it's not a great answer.

I'm DYING to hear why a mask from a door to a table or a bar before taking it off and having a great time with friends for hours keeps me way safer. Apparently that was answered and I missed it. :-k
Your response makes it pretty clear you refuse to listen to an answer. Its tough to have to say this to a grown man, but sometimes, everything isn't about you.

The mask mandate is about protecting other people from your dumb ass. Not about making YOU safer.

The fact that after a month of bitching about the mask mandate, you STILL don't appear to understand this makes it seem to me that you aren't really interested in hearing the answers to the questions above.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4794
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:36 pm

onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Wow really? I feel like I've had a lot of conversations about some of these topics and don't recall hearing any good reason.

Honestly, I don't recall a single answer to any of those questions. But by all means, I'm all ears. So far, pretty much all I have heard in regards to all these questions is that it's because we were told to do something so it's our responsibility to listen. That works for some, but for me it's not a great answer.

I'm DYING to hear why a mask from a door to a table or a bar before taking it off and having a great time with friends for hours keeps me way safer. Apparently that was answered and I missed it. :-k
Your response makes it pretty clear you refuse to listen to an answer. Its tough to have to say this to a grown man, but sometimes, everything isn't about you.

The mask mandate is about protecting other people from your dumb ass. Not about making YOU safer.

The fact that after a month of bitching about the mask mandate, you STILL don't appear to understand this makes it seem to me that you aren't really interested in hearing the answers to the questions above.
Wow. Personal attacks. :cry:

I understand the use of masks. Said it makes sense. In fact, I posed above I'm surprised they weren't required right out of the gate.

I wear a mask. So not really sure what that part means.

I don't recall bitching about the mask mandate. If that's what is going to cure this thing then alright! It still doesn't mean that all the questions I posed aren't valid. There are a lot of things that don't make sense.

Let's pretend that one night you're feeling super brave and decide to go out to eat. People are doing what they're told, wearing a mask upon entering. They keep the mask on until their seated, playing by the rules. They meet a few friends who are also playing by the rules, wearing mask. Once all of them are seated, they take off masks as they are allowed to. They eat, drink, and are merry for a few hours. Everyone is SAFE and they all had a ball!

What if, God forbid, they went to an establishment that didn't require a mask from door to table? It's hard to fathom, but please just humor me. These renegades were just allowed to walk straight from the door, right up to a table, with friends, all the while not masking up! Would you really feel way safer at the first restaurant than you would the 2nd? Man, I know I wouldn't. :-k

Anyway, sorry you're so fired up. My dumb ass is just gonna keep wearing his mask and playing by the rules. After all, non-mask people are the sole reason there are still active cases in our communities. It's a travesty really.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6312
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:02 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:36 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Wow really? I feel like I've had a lot of conversations about some of these topics and don't recall hearing any good reason.

Honestly, I don't recall a single answer to any of those questions. But by all means, I'm all ears. So far, pretty much all I have heard in regards to all these questions is that it's because we were told to do something so it's our responsibility to listen. That works for some, but for me it's not a great answer.

I'm DYING to hear why a mask from a door to a table or a bar before taking it off and having a great time with friends for hours keeps me way safer. Apparently that was answered and I missed it. :-k
Your response makes it pretty clear you refuse to listen to an answer. Its tough to have to say this to a grown man, but sometimes, everything isn't about you.

The mask mandate is about protecting other people from your dumb ass. Not about making YOU safer.

The fact that after a month of bitching about the mask mandate, you STILL don't appear to understand this makes it seem to me that you aren't really interested in hearing the answers to the questions above.
Wow. Personal attacks. :cry:

I understand the use of masks. Said it makes sense. In fact, I posed above I'm surprised they weren't required right out of the gate.

I wear a mask. So not really sure what that part means.

I don't recall bitching about the mask mandate. If that's what is going to cure this thing then alright! It still doesn't mean that all the questions I posed aren't valid. There are a lot of things that don't make sense.

Let's pretend that one night you're feeling super brave and decide to go out to eat. People are doing what they're told, wearing a mask upon entering. They keep the mask on until their seated, playing by the rules. They meet a few friends who are also playing by the rules, wearing mask. Once all of them are seated, they take off masks as they are allowed to. They eat, drink, and are merry for a few hours. Everyone is SAFE and they all had a ball!

What if, God forbid, they went to an establishment that didn't require a mask from door to table? It's hard to fathom, but please just humor me. These renegades were just allowed to walk straight from the door, right up to a table, with friends, all the while not masking up! Would you really feel way safer at the first restaurant than you would the 2nd? Man, I know I wouldn't. :-k

Anyway, sorry you're so fired up. My dumb ass is just gonna keep wearing his mask and playing by the rules. After all, non-mask people are the sole reason there are still active cases in our communities. It's a travesty really.
Ya, 100% this. Anybody who thinks the... wear it to your table then take it off... thing actually makes ANY sense, well it doesn't. Same with most of your list above. The ONLY explanation I've heard about the school versus football thing that I suppose could be argued is that the education component is way more important than the football component, therefore worth the risk. Of course I disagree with this, but I know there are reasonable people out there that have this viewpoint. As for everything else on your list, I, too would love some good justifications or explanations on these... again. :lol:


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:02 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:36 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Wow really? I feel like I've had a lot of conversations about some of these topics and don't recall hearing any good reason.

Honestly, I don't recall a single answer to any of those questions. But by all means, I'm all ears. So far, pretty much all I have heard in regards to all these questions is that it's because we were told to do something so it's our responsibility to listen. That works for some, but for me it's not a great answer.

I'm DYING to hear why a mask from a door to a table or a bar before taking it off and having a great time with friends for hours keeps me way safer. Apparently that was answered and I missed it. :-k
Your response makes it pretty clear you refuse to listen to an answer. Its tough to have to say this to a grown man, but sometimes, everything isn't about you.

The mask mandate is about protecting other people from your dumb ass. Not about making YOU safer.

The fact that after a month of bitching about the mask mandate, you STILL don't appear to understand this makes it seem to me that you aren't really interested in hearing the answers to the questions above.
Wow. Personal attacks. :cry:

I understand the use of masks. Said it makes sense. In fact, I posed above I'm surprised they weren't required right out of the gate.

I wear a mask. So not really sure what that part means.

I don't recall bitching about the mask mandate. If that's what is going to cure this thing then alright! It still doesn't mean that all the questions I posed aren't valid. There are a lot of things that don't make sense.

Let's pretend that one night you're feeling super brave and decide to go out to eat. People are doing what they're told, wearing a mask upon entering. They keep the mask on until their seated, playing by the rules. They meet a few friends who are also playing by the rules, wearing mask. Once all of them are seated, they take off masks as they are allowed to. They eat, drink, and are merry for a few hours. Everyone is SAFE and they all had a ball!

What if, God forbid, they went to an establishment that didn't require a mask from door to table? It's hard to fathom, but please just humor me. These renegades were just allowed to walk straight from the door, right up to a table, with friends, all the while not masking up! Would you really feel way safer at the first restaurant than you would the 2nd? Man, I know I wouldn't. :-k

Anyway, sorry you're so fired up. My dumb ass is just gonna keep wearing his mask and playing by the rules. After all, non-mask people are the sole reason there are still active cases in our communities. It's a travesty really.
Ya, 100% this. Anybody who thinks the... wear it to your table then take it off... thing actually makes ANY sense, well it doesn't. Same with most of your list above. The ONLY explanation I've heard about the school versus football thing that I suppose could be argued is that the education component is way more important than the football component, therefore worth the risk. Of course I disagree with this, but I know there are reasonable people out there that have this viewpoint. As for everything else on your list, I, too would love some good justifications or explanations on these... again. :lol:
Ilovethecats has some great questions. Lots of tough subjects and no consensus on all of them. Not sure what onceacat is flipping out about. Seems that he has had one too many conversations about masks...



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3834
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: MSU response

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:13 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm
catatac wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:02 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:36 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Wow really? I feel like I've had a lot of conversations about some of these topics and don't recall hearing any good reason.

Honestly, I don't recall a single answer to any of those questions. But by all means, I'm all ears. So far, pretty much all I have heard in regards to all these questions is that it's because we were told to do something so it's our responsibility to listen. That works for some, but for me it's not a great answer.

I'm DYING to hear why a mask from a door to a table or a bar before taking it off and having a great time with friends for hours keeps me way safer. Apparently that was answered and I missed it. :-k
Your response makes it pretty clear you refuse to listen to an answer. Its tough to have to say this to a grown man, but sometimes, everything isn't about you.

The mask mandate is about protecting other people from your dumb ass. Not about making YOU safer.

The fact that after a month of bitching about the mask mandate, you STILL don't appear to understand this makes it seem to me that you aren't really interested in hearing the answers to the questions above.
Wow. Personal attacks. :cry:

I understand the use of masks. Said it makes sense. In fact, I posed above I'm surprised they weren't required right out of the gate.

I wear a mask. So not really sure what that part means.

I don't recall bitching about the mask mandate. If that's what is going to cure this thing then alright! It still doesn't mean that all the questions I posed aren't valid. There are a lot of things that don't make sense.

Let's pretend that one night you're feeling super brave and decide to go out to eat. People are doing what they're told, wearing a mask upon entering. They keep the mask on until their seated, playing by the rules. They meet a few friends who are also playing by the rules, wearing mask. Once all of them are seated, they take off masks as they are allowed to. They eat, drink, and are merry for a few hours. Everyone is SAFE and they all had a ball!

What if, God forbid, they went to an establishment that didn't require a mask from door to table? It's hard to fathom, but please just humor me. These renegades were just allowed to walk straight from the door, right up to a table, with friends, all the while not masking up! Would you really feel way safer at the first restaurant than you would the 2nd? Man, I know I wouldn't. :-k

Anyway, sorry you're so fired up. My dumb ass is just gonna keep wearing his mask and playing by the rules. After all, non-mask people are the sole reason there are still active cases in our communities. It's a travesty really.
Ya, 100% this. Anybody who thinks the... wear it to your table then take it off... thing actually makes ANY sense, well it doesn't. Same with most of your list above. The ONLY explanation I've heard about the school versus football thing that I suppose could be argued is that the education component is way more important than the football component, therefore worth the risk. Of course I disagree with this, but I know there are reasonable people out there that have this viewpoint. As for everything else on your list, I, too would love some good justifications or explanations on these... again. :lol:
Ilovethecats has some great questions. Lots of tough subjects and no consensus on all of them. Not sure what onceacat is flipping out about. Seems that he has had one too many conversations about masks...
People like him don't want discussion, they want uncompromising compulsion on those who disagree with them.



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3834
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: MSU response

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:14 pm

onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Not even close.

I'll just give you one.

Why is it fine for MSU to hold classes, live in dorms, but not play sports? Where's the logic there?



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4794
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm
catatac wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:02 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:36 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Wow really? I feel like I've had a lot of conversations about some of these topics and don't recall hearing any good reason.

Honestly, I don't recall a single answer to any of those questions. But by all means, I'm all ears. So far, pretty much all I have heard in regards to all these questions is that it's because we were told to do something so it's our responsibility to listen. That works for some, but for me it's not a great answer.

I'm DYING to hear why a mask from a door to a table or a bar before taking it off and having a great time with friends for hours keeps me way safer. Apparently that was answered and I missed it. :-k
Your response makes it pretty clear you refuse to listen to an answer. Its tough to have to say this to a grown man, but sometimes, everything isn't about you.

The mask mandate is about protecting other people from your dumb ass. Not about making YOU safer.

The fact that after a month of bitching about the mask mandate, you STILL don't appear to understand this makes it seem to me that you aren't really interested in hearing the answers to the questions above.
Wow. Personal attacks. :cry:

I understand the use of masks. Said it makes sense. In fact, I posed above I'm surprised they weren't required right out of the gate.

I wear a mask. So not really sure what that part means.

I don't recall bitching about the mask mandate. If that's what is going to cure this thing then alright! It still doesn't mean that all the questions I posed aren't valid. There are a lot of things that don't make sense.

Let's pretend that one night you're feeling super brave and decide to go out to eat. People are doing what they're told, wearing a mask upon entering. They keep the mask on until their seated, playing by the rules. They meet a few friends who are also playing by the rules, wearing mask. Once all of them are seated, they take off masks as they are allowed to. They eat, drink, and are merry for a few hours. Everyone is SAFE and they all had a ball!

What if, God forbid, they went to an establishment that didn't require a mask from door to table? It's hard to fathom, but please just humor me. These renegades were just allowed to walk straight from the door, right up to a table, with friends, all the while not masking up! Would you really feel way safer at the first restaurant than you would the 2nd? Man, I know I wouldn't. :-k

Anyway, sorry you're so fired up. My dumb ass is just gonna keep wearing his mask and playing by the rules. After all, non-mask people are the sole reason there are still active cases in our communities. It's a travesty really.
Ya, 100% this. Anybody who thinks the... wear it to your table then take it off... thing actually makes ANY sense, well it doesn't. Same with most of your list above. The ONLY explanation I've heard about the school versus football thing that I suppose could be argued is that the education component is way more important than the football component, therefore worth the risk. Of course I disagree with this, but I know there are reasonable people out there that have this viewpoint. As for everything else on your list, I, too would love some good justifications or explanations on these... again. :lol:
Ilovethecats has some great questions. Lots of tough subjects and no consensus on all of them. Not sure what onceacat is flipping out about. Seems that he has had one too many conversations about masks...
To be fair, I said I wasn’t expecting an answer because there really aren’t any. It’s ok for people to be very afraid of the virus, and at the same time not agree 100% with everything we’re asked to do. I mean, there is no reason whatsoever that a small mom and pop gift shop was forced to close but huge box stores were allowed to be open. There just isn’t.

I’ll concede education is more important than football so if that is the justification for no students at games I guess I cab accept that. As a father of two kids in high school, I find it hilarious they can go to school with a thousand other kids but a Friday night football game outside is a deal breaker.

Anyway, they were just questions. I have questions of things I don’t think make sense. If others think every single precaution is 100% correct, who am I to argue?!



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4794
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:28 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:14 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Not even close.

I'll just give you one.

Why is it fine for MSU to hold classes, live in dorms, but not play sports? Where's the logic there?
Yep. My son is in the dorms as we speak. Him and 3,000+ other kids. Sharing rooms and bathrooms. Eating together and hanging out together. Packing elevators. Not to mention what they do during their free time on weekends.

But apparently this question has been answered and I guess I just didn’t wanna hear it. :lol:

To be clear I’m loving that he’s experiencing the dorms and meeting new people while getting a quality education. But it doesn’t change the fact that we just pick and choose what we deem safe, unsafe, selfish, selfless, etc. And most decisions involve the almighty dollar!



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5990
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: MSU response

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:47 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:13 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm
catatac wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:02 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:36 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Wow really? I feel like I've had a lot of conversations about some of these topics and don't recall hearing any good reason.

Honestly, I don't recall a single answer to any of those questions. But by all means, I'm all ears. So far, pretty much all I have heard in regards to all these questions is that it's because we were told to do something so it's our responsibility to listen. That works for some, but for me it's not a great answer.

I'm DYING to hear why a mask from a door to a table or a bar before taking it off and having a great time with friends for hours keeps me way safer. Apparently that was answered and I missed it. :-k
Your response makes it pretty clear you refuse to listen to an answer. Its tough to have to say this to a grown man, but sometimes, everything isn't about you.

The mask mandate is about protecting other people from your dumb ass. Not about making YOU safer.

The fact that after a month of bitching about the mask mandate, you STILL don't appear to understand this makes it seem to me that you aren't really interested in hearing the answers to the questions above.
Wow. Personal attacks. :cry:

I understand the use of masks. Said it makes sense. In fact, I posed above I'm surprised they weren't required right out of the gate.

I wear a mask. So not really sure what that part means.

I don't recall bitching about the mask mandate. If that's what is going to cure this thing then alright! It still doesn't mean that all the questions I posed aren't valid. There are a lot of things that don't make sense.

Let's pretend that one night you're feeling super brave and decide to go out to eat. People are doing what they're told, wearing a mask upon entering. They keep the mask on until their seated, playing by the rules. They meet a few friends who are also playing by the rules, wearing mask. Once all of them are seated, they take off masks as they are allowed to. They eat, drink, and are merry for a few hours. Everyone is SAFE and they all had a ball!

What if, God forbid, they went to an establishment that didn't require a mask from door to table? It's hard to fathom, but please just humor me. These renegades were just allowed to walk straight from the door, right up to a table, with friends, all the while not masking up! Would you really feel way safer at the first restaurant than you would the 2nd? Man, I know I wouldn't. :-k

Anyway, sorry you're so fired up. My dumb ass is just gonna keep wearing his mask and playing by the rules. After all, non-mask people are the sole reason there are still active cases in our communities. It's a travesty really.
Ya, 100% this. Anybody who thinks the... wear it to your table then take it off... thing actually makes ANY sense, well it doesn't. Same with most of your list above. The ONLY explanation I've heard about the school versus football thing that I suppose could be argued is that the education component is way more important than the football component, therefore worth the risk. Of course I disagree with this, but I know there are reasonable people out there that have this viewpoint. As for everything else on your list, I, too would love some good justifications or explanations on these... again. :lol:
Ilovethecats has some great questions. Lots of tough subjects and no consensus on all of them. Not sure what onceacat is flipping out about. Seems that he has had one too many conversations about masks...
People like him don't want discussion, they want uncompromising compulsion on those who disagree with them.
Hmm, sounds like a DNC convention...


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14357
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: MSU response

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:22 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:47 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:13 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm
catatac wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:02 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:36 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm
onceacat wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
All those answers & more have been given if you’ve made a good faith effort to listen.
Wow really? I feel like I've had a lot of conversations about some of these topics and don't recall hearing any good reason.

Honestly, I don't recall a single answer to any of those questions. But by all means, I'm all ears. So far, pretty much all I have heard in regards to all these questions is that it's because we were told to do something so it's our responsibility to listen. That works for some, but for me it's not a great answer.

I'm DYING to hear why a mask from a door to a table or a bar before taking it off and having a great time with friends for hours keeps me way safer. Apparently that was answered and I missed it. :-k
Your response makes it pretty clear you refuse to listen to an answer. Its tough to have to say this to a grown man, but sometimes, everything isn't about you.

The mask mandate is about protecting other people from your dumb ass. Not about making YOU safer.

The fact that after a month of bitching about the mask mandate, you STILL don't appear to understand this makes it seem to me that you aren't really interested in hearing the answers to the questions above.
Wow. Personal attacks. :cry:

I understand the use of masks. Said it makes sense. In fact, I posed above I'm surprised they weren't required right out of the gate.

I wear a mask. So not really sure what that part means.

I don't recall bitching about the mask mandate. If that's what is going to cure this thing then alright! It still doesn't mean that all the questions I posed aren't valid. There are a lot of things that don't make sense.

Let's pretend that one night you're feeling super brave and decide to go out to eat. People are doing what they're told, wearing a mask upon entering. They keep the mask on until their seated, playing by the rules. They meet a few friends who are also playing by the rules, wearing mask. Once all of them are seated, they take off masks as they are allowed to. They eat, drink, and are merry for a few hours. Everyone is SAFE and they all had a ball!

What if, God forbid, they went to an establishment that didn't require a mask from door to table? It's hard to fathom, but please just humor me. These renegades were just allowed to walk straight from the door, right up to a table, with friends, all the while not masking up! Would you really feel way safer at the first restaurant than you would the 2nd? Man, I know I wouldn't. :-k

Anyway, sorry you're so fired up. My dumb ass is just gonna keep wearing his mask and playing by the rules. After all, non-mask people are the sole reason there are still active cases in our communities. It's a travesty really.
Ya, 100% this. Anybody who thinks the... wear it to your table then take it off... thing actually makes ANY sense, well it doesn't. Same with most of your list above. The ONLY explanation I've heard about the school versus football thing that I suppose could be argued is that the education component is way more important than the football component, therefore worth the risk. Of course I disagree with this, but I know there are reasonable people out there that have this viewpoint. As for everything else on your list, I, too would love some good justifications or explanations on these... again. :lol:
Ilovethecats has some great questions. Lots of tough subjects and no consensus on all of them. Not sure what onceacat is flipping out about. Seems that he has had one too many conversations about masks...
People like him don't want discussion, they want uncompromising compulsion on those who disagree with them.
Hmm, sounds like a DNC convention...
I’m guessing MSU will boycott the football season for BLM and other causes. Pretty sure every sports league will have a lot of that. A lot of schools will shut down football.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

onceacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by onceacat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:55 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am
If we were scheduled to play like we should be, we'd be on prime time television.

Not playing is a mistake.

MSU can take in students from all across the country, but we can't play football? That's a bunch of BS.
You'll drive yourself bananas trying to make sense of the "rules" for our "safety".

We obviously have people on very opposite ends of the spectrum. That has been clear from day one. I've asked those on the other side of the coin some questions but can never figure it out.

Why can we pack 3,000 kids in the dorms but football is not safe?
Why can high school kids go to class all week but they can't cheer on those classmates at a football game?
Why were demonstrations deemed ok but funerals and weddings were not?
Why were liquor stores considered "essential" but small businesses were forced to shut down?
Why were masks not required right away? Our brightest minds really didn't know that masks could prevent spread? That's scary.
If masks are as effective as we believe, why do some businesses remained closed or with limitations?
Why are businesses and schools allowed to be open now when we have more cases than we did in April and May?
If the asymptomatic people are major spreaders, why have they again stopped testing asymptomatic people?
Why do we put so much faith in testing numbers when there have been so many testing issues?
Why are bars and restaurants forced to close early? Is Covid more prevalent after midnight?
Why are masks required when entering a bar or restaurant but only from the door to the table? Is that truly the danger zone?
Why have we not seen a crazy amount of cases in mega stores like Walmart and Costco? How are they avoiding such a dire situation?
How are athletes in the ACC, SEC and Big12 still practicing 2 weeks after deciding to try and play this fall?
How did the MLB avoid a complete shutdown after many positive cases? What are they doing to keep playing?

I'm not looking for actual answers because there obviously isn't any. Just questions I ponder every day while this entire circus unfolds. :lol:
A lot of the answers to your questions have to do with the basic behavior of the virus. Risks for spreading the virus are 1) indoor 2) close contact 3) for more than 15 minutes 4) without masks. Also, 5) we have a lot more information now (In August) than we had when the initial shutdowns were ordered (in March/April) That alone answers the vast majority most of your "questions."

Nobody has said its "safe" to pack 3,000 students in dorms. Schools across the country have cancelled dorm life as a result of dorm outbreaks. This is a classic straw man...because no-one has said dorms are safe.

High school kids ARE NOT returning to class full time. Most places, at least those with community spread are going to a sort of blended model. In Bozeman, kids are going to be in class 2 days/week. High school kids can also be required to use masks. In the places that have ignored basic safety measures, outbreaks have been common.

Funerals and weddings were only stopped for a matter of weeks. When funerals and weddings were allowed, so were demonstrations. Indoor funerals and weddings are among the highest risk activities you can do. Churches are one of the big vectors for disease. Outdoor activities, when people can distance and mask and interpersonal interactions are for a couple of minutes at best aren't terribly high risk. Sitting in close proximity to other people singing in a church with poor ventilation is a high risk activity.

Businesses weren't forced to close based on their size, they were closed based on how 'essential' their activities were. If you closed down grocery stores, people would starve. Closing down clothing retailers isn't going to cause long term harm. Specifically with regard to liquor stores, the last thing you want in the midst of a pandemic is a bunch of alcoholics going into shock & coming to the hospital. Basic public safety.

Theres a worry that the CDC is responding to political pressure from the White House in suddenly changing its testing advice. This flies in the face of basic epidemiology. You want as many people as possible to get tested. I struggle finding any reason other than political influence in changing this standard.

What testing issues are you talking about? Covid tests seem pretty much in line with every other diagnostic tool of every other disease out there. Medicine isn't perfect...ALL tests have false positives & false negatives.

The bars issue was dealt with pretty clearly by others. You don't have crowds in bars at 8AM. If bars start getting packed first thing in the morning, I'd expect some limitations on those hours too.

You wear masks in a restaurant to protect the staff from your germs. Not to protect you.

Costco instituted strict limitations early on in both visitor numbers and masking. I don't know about Wal-Mart, but as noted above, it appears to generally take a sustained interaction >15 minutes to spread the virus.

If the 3 big conferences avoid large scale outbreaks from having football practice or fans in the stands, then we will know a lot more. Nobody is arguing that we have perfect information, and reasonable people can come to different conclusions based on the same set of evidence. Maybe the SEC wants money. Maybe they are ignoring student safety. Or maybe they are correct, and they can play football without killing people in their communities. Time will tell.

Are you seriously arguing that MLB has been a success? What a freaking train wreck. https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb- ... -19-cases/

I apologize for the personal attacks. But its pretty clear that you don't give a damn about the reasons/explanations, all of which have been explained in much deeper detail than I did. You might not agree with a school district going to a 2 day in person class week, or to a heath authority cancelling fans at games, but they've all been VERY transparent in their reasoning.

Like I said, people can look at the same data & come to different conclusions. Usually people who have to be accountable (public health authorities, elected officials, business owners, doctors, etc) tend to be much more conservative in their assessments than keyboard warriors on social media.

I mean, the fact that in less than 6 months, Covid is already the 3rd leading cause of death in the US, with about 1,000 preventable deaths every day.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4794
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:22 am

I do care about answers. Ave while I appreciate the response, there are many inaccuracies.

For instance, right here in our valley kids ARE going to school full time.

Just because no one has SAID they deem dorms safe, the fact that dorms are open is proof itself. If they were deemed as dangerous as say, a bar past midnight, they wouldn’t be allowed to open.

In regards to baseball, I guess it depends on your definition of success. They’re still playing ball. They’ve had many cases and dealt with them. No hospitalizations, no deaths. Just postponing games and getting on with it. Other businesses do the same thing every day.

As an owner of several bars and liquor stores, I can say with 100% certainty they’re packed at all hours of the day. Watering holes that serve breakfast will be packed first thing in the morning. Since the pandemic started our liquor stores have set sales records and as soon as bars were deemed safe enough to open (again no one came out and SAID this, but by allowing them to open they suggested it’s safer than in was in April) people came in droves. I don’t know where you live but I can give you a list of about 20 bars that I know personally are as busy or busier at 9am than they are at 9pm.

In regards to testing, it’s more the results of the test than anything. We were I’ll prepared to test, and when results could take up to 10 days; it warranted the tests meaningless.

I didn’t say the wedding and funeral thing went on for a long time. I didn’t put a timetable on it. But there were thousands of people who lost a loved one and weren’t “allowed” a funeral. That sucks in and of itself but then to see rallies and protests had to have been a kick in the gut to those people robbed of celebrating loved ones.

Big box stores most certainly took steps in keeping people safe. And that’s super. It still doesn’t change the fact that the government was allowed to pick and choose what businesses could stay open and which had to close. And unless someone can give me a valid reason why Costco is safer than a downtown gift store forced to close, that was a huge overreach in my eyes. And again, I don’t recall anyone having a press conference SAYING Costco was safer, but allowing them to stay open 7 days a week while forcing local businesses to close suggests it must be safer. Or what’s the point?

Finally, of course we know more now than we did 6 months ago. But that doesn’t mean that every single phase and precaution we’ve endured is right. Or always makes sense. That is nothing more than a free pass. Think about that. Any person could make any decision and no matter what the consequences of that decision could be, they can always just fall back on it’s just what we knew at the time. No more blaming the president for anything! There’s no wrong decisions! Trump has done everything perfectly this whole pandemic. Just making excellent decisions based only on current knowledge. We’d be wrong to question anything ever. I’m sorry I just can’t buy that.



onceacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by onceacat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:34 am

See, you say things like “Why is Costco safer than a local gift shop?” But NOBODY EVER SAID THAT. They said “people will die without groceries, so I guess grocery stores are ‘essential’.”

R “How does a mask protect ME?”

Or “Some smaller schools in smaller towns where the case load is low have high school full time, so why doesn’t the Big Sky reinstate football in places like Utah, Arizona, and California where the case load is high.”

That’s the kind of thing I’m talking about with the bad faith listening. I could go on, but you keep making logical fallacies that have been debunked repeatedly.

I’m not sure that it makes any sense, because clearly you aren’t interested in answers. You’ve got an axe to grind.



LCH
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Great Falls

Re: MSU response

Post by LCH » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:35 am

Excellent post onceacat.



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5990
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: MSU response

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:21 am

onceacat wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:34 am
See, you say things like “Why is Costco safer than a local gift shop?” But NOBODY EVER SAID THAT. They said “people will die without groceries, so I guess grocery stores are ‘essential’.”

R “How does a mask protect ME?”

Or “Some smaller schools in smaller towns where the case load is low have high school full time, so why doesn’t the Big Sky reinstate football in places like Utah, Arizona, and California where the case load is high.”

That’s the kind of thing I’m talking about with the bad faith listening. I could go on, but you keep making logical fallacies that have been debunked repeatedly.

I’m not sure that it makes any sense, because clearly you aren’t interested in answers. You’ve got an axe to grind.
Evidently you've never heard the phrase "actions speak louder than words".

That's the point ILTC is trying to make.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3834
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: MSU response

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:59 am

Dude. You keep on avoiding the school question. I'm keeping it very specific for you.

Where is the logic in MSU having school in person but not playing football? Why is one okay, and not the other?



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6312
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by catatac » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:43 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:59 am
Dude. You keep on avoiding the school question. I'm keeping it very specific for you.

Where is the logic in MSU having school in person but not playing football? Why is one okay, and not the other?
I THINK what they're saying is, we know there is risk associated with letting kids back in the dorms. We know this is going to lead to more cases of Covid and ultimately more people dying. We are willing to accept this risk because educating our kids is very important. Playing football is not important enough to risk more cases of Covid, i.e. more deaths. If I'm off base on this, someone please correct me.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: MSU response

Post by Montanabob » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:00 am

catatac wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:43 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:59 am
Dude. You keep on avoiding the school question. I'm keeping it very specific for you.

Where is the logic in MSU having school in person but not playing football? Why is one okay, and not the other?
I THINK what they're saying is, we know there is risk associated with letting kids back in the dorms. We know this is going to lead to more cases of Covid and ultimately more people dying. We are willing to accept this risk because educating our kids is very important. Playing football is not important enough to risk more cases of Covid, i.e. more deaths. If I'm off base on this, someone please correct me.
So again tell me why Walmart employees aren't all dead yet? Most don't wear the mask properly and constantly put their hand inside their masks to adjust them after touching everything and contact with people?


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:00 am

catatac wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:43 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:59 am
Dude. You keep on avoiding the school question. I'm keeping it very specific for you.

Where is the logic in MSU having school in person but not playing football? Why is one okay, and not the other?
I THINK what they're saying is, we know there is risk associated with letting kids back in the dorms. We know this is going to lead to more cases of Covid and ultimately more people dying. We are willing to accept this risk because educating our kids is very important. Playing football is not important enough to risk more cases of Covid, i.e. more deaths. If I'm off base on this, someone please correct me.
Nobody wants to discuss the money aspect, but that had to be a major factor. Football at FCS does not make sense financially without fans in the stands. As we have seen with high school football, allowing fans in the stands from different cities would have been highly unlikely. As for dorms, revenue is critical to meeting the financial burden and the age of the students is favorable in battling Covid. Money had to be a major consideration.



BleedingBLue
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3013
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: MSU response

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:07 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:00 am
catatac wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:43 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:59 am
Dude. You keep on avoiding the school question. I'm keeping it very specific for you.

Where is the logic in MSU having school in person but not playing football? Why is one okay, and not the other?
I THINK what they're saying is, we know there is risk associated with letting kids back in the dorms. We know this is going to lead to more cases of Covid and ultimately more people dying. We are willing to accept this risk because educating our kids is very important. Playing football is not important enough to risk more cases of Covid, i.e. more deaths. If I'm off base on this, someone please correct me.
Nobody wants to discuss the money aspect, but that had to be a major factor. Football at FCS does not make sense financially without fans in the stands. As we have seen with high school football, allowing fans in the stands from different cities would have been highly unlikely. As for dorms, revenue is critical to meeting the financial burden and the age of the students is favorable in battling Covid. Money had to be a major consideration.
The odd thing about the money aspect, especially at the FCS level, is that football doesn't make money for about 75% of the schools in a normal year. Maybe more. There's about 20 teams that average over 10,000 fans a game. I would wager that 50+ average under 5,000. Those programs are not making money.



Post Reply