Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by bobcatozzy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:26 am

I will take more photos once they get beyond footings. Like someone said they are just moving dirt from one place to another.


Rest In peace dad.

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7529
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:43 am



"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3299
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:56 am

Just reference for Vims post.

Image

Image


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5821
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by iaafan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:58 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:43 am
Great shot, thanks for sharing.

I like how both ends of the building will extend well beyond the sideline extended on both sides. This is the first time I've seen something that gives you a feel for that. In my mind's eye this is going look very good and compliment the stadium very well when completed.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5821
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by iaafan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:59 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:56 am
Just reference for Vims post.

Image

Image
Perfect! Thanks AFCAT. That really helps visualize.



BleedingBLue
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3021
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:10 pm

Geez why so small? :lol:



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5821
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by iaafan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:11 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:10 pm
Geez why so small? :lol:
It's a training facility for ants. No one told you? :wink:



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4722
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by RickRund » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:43 pm

A great perspective here.

It is great to see as a University we are equipped to design and build it whereas to the west they are equipped to clean it...



Team10
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Team10 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:28 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:11 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:10 pm
Geez why so small? :lol:
It's a training facility for ants. No one told you? :wink:
Image



gtapp
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by gtapp » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:19 pm

WE HAVE HEIGHT! Finally have some concrete with some height to it. First I have seen that wasn't at ground level or below.


Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

User avatar
bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by bobcatozzy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Gtapp those are in the ground im pretty sure as you can see the open ground around them.


Rest In peace dad.

User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Montanabob » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:31 pm

bobcatozzy wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:29 pm
Gtapp those are in the ground im pretty sure as you can see the open ground around them.
Probably a steel frame building sitting on the concrete foundation.


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3299
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm

Leon said in the insider broadcast that we should start seeing steel going up in the next few weeks.


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1965
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:54 am

Looking at the webcam over the last week or two, I've noticed the Fieldhouse parking lots have seemed pretty empty. Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but does anybody know roughly what enrollment looks like at MSU this fall? I know the official numbers don't come out for a while, but is there some sort of rough headcount? I'd imagine quite a few families decided not to send their kids back to school yet.


Image

User avatar
coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3856
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by coachouert » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:12 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:54 am
Looking at the webcam over the last week or two, I've noticed the Fieldhouse parking lots have seemed pretty empty. Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but does anybody know roughly what enrollment looks like at MSU this fall? I know the official numbers don't come out for a while, but is there some sort of rough headcount? I'd imagine quite a few families decided not to send their kids back to school yet.
15th class day is next Friday and the census date will be a few days later so numbers should be known state wide. My gut says most, if not all MUS campuses will see a decline in FTE and headcount this fall.


Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Image

Cats15
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 966
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:21 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Cats15 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:31 am

coachouert wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:12 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:54 am
Looking at the webcam over the last week or two, I've noticed the Fieldhouse parking lots have seemed pretty empty. Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but does anybody know roughly what enrollment looks like at MSU this fall? I know the official numbers don't come out for a while, but is there some sort of rough headcount? I'd imagine quite a few families decided not to send their kids back to school yet.
15th class day is next Friday and the census date will be a few days later so numbers should be known state wide. My gut says most, if not all MUS campuses will see a decline in FTE and headcount this fall.
Also, the decrease in cars is the fact that probably about 1/3 of the student population is on campus at the same time this semester.



User avatar
bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by bobcatozzy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:40 am



Rest In peace dad.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14446
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:02 pm

bobcatozzy wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:40 am
It’s....The Claw! Name that movie. 🍿


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

BleedingBLue
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3021
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:02 pm
bobcatozzy wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:40 am
It’s....The Claw! Name that movie. 🍿
Liar liar!



blueandgoldblitz
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1206
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:11 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:02 pm
bobcatozzy wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:40 am
It’s....The Claw! Name that movie. 🍿
Liar liar!
Better get going then. The claw's only weakness? Sub-zero temperatures! :lol:


We could say TG makes the freshman wear pink thongs to every practice and you would say, "I'm so glad he left Missoula he tried that here and it didn't work either. LOL LMAF OMG LOL BAE" and whatever else you fruits over in Missoula say -Hi-Line

Post Reply