MBB @ UM

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3793
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by coachouert » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:22 pm

PS, Brint is a good guy and a good fan,but don't go acting like you're entire fanbase is above anything.

PPS: FTG


Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Image

User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 pm

HotTubHigh wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:00 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 am
msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 pm
D-Wreck wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 pm
I'm not a basketball guy. What in the heck are these "illegal screens" they keep calling? Honest question.

Watching the game on SWX and the homer griz announcers make me want to drive a screwdriver through both eardrums.
The sad thing, those griz announcers are way better to listen to than the griz announcer on pluto...
The call of Fallyn’s game-tying basket in the women’s game is on Twitter. The play-by-play announcer sounds like he’s forcing himself to sound exciting. The color man says nothing. SMH.



He says, “...gooood.” Then it’s crickets. After forcing a tie with 14 seconds to play after trailing by 14, you say, “...GOOOOOOOOOD! And the Bobcats have just tied this game up with 14 seconds to go!!!” And then, “blah, blah, blah, blah-blah” from the color man.
Gotta love Bobcat Nation.....pissing and moaning about how an opposing announcer calls the play in a rivalry game when the opposition takes its first lead of the game late in the game! Really?? Turn on the Cats radio guy and sing Kumbaya all game if watching griz announcers makes you "sad"!!

And as to the reffing in the men's game..... I was there to watch Frey shoot 31 FT's in the first half! What a joke.

Do Cats have a whining flopping shooting phenom who plays little or no defense to replace him next year?
Maybe, just maybe the griz should have stopped reaching and swiping every time Harry touched the ball. They made up for it by calling Belo every time he blinked. Also just maybe, it might be possible the griz weren't shooting a bunch of free throws because they were content draining 3's at record pace, so they weren't taking it inside a whole lot.

Pretty sure I wouldn't be complaining a whole lot if the Cats basketball team ever has a 15-point halftime lead over the griz again in my lifetime. Good hell, people wonder why no one else can stand the griz and their bitchy, whiny fanbase.


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13712
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:09 pm

HotTubHigh wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:00 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 am
msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 pm
D-Wreck wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 pm
I'm not a basketball guy. What in the heck are these "illegal screens" they keep calling? Honest question.

Watching the game on SWX and the homer griz announcers make me want to drive a screwdriver through both eardrums.
The sad thing, those griz announcers are way better to listen to than the griz announcer on pluto...
The call of Fallyn’s game-tying basket in the women’s game is on Twitter. The play-by-play announcer sounds like he’s forcing himself to sound exciting. The color man says nothing. SMH.



He says, “...gooood.” Then it’s crickets. After forcing a tie with 14 seconds to play after trailing by 14, you say, “...GOOOOOOOOOD! And the Bobcats have just tied this game up with 14 seconds to go!!!” And then, “blah, blah, blah, blah-blah” from the color man.
Gotta love Bobcat Nation.....pissing and moaning about how an opposing announcer calls the play in a rivalry game when the opposition takes its first lead of the game late in the game! Really?? Turn on the Cats radio guy and sing Kumbaya all game if watching griz announcers makes you "sad"!!

And as to the reffing in the men's game..... I was there to watch Frey shoot 31 FT's in the first half! What a joke.

Do Cats have a whining flopping shooting phenom who plays little or no defense to replace him next year?
Is that the Griz radio announcer dubbed over the video? I was under the impression that it was a clip taken from SWX or Pluto or whoever was calling the game for TV. If not, it's kind of odd that MSU would go through all the trouble to do that and not dub it with its own radio announcers.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2322
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by Cataholic » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:35 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 pm
HotTubHigh wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:00 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 am
msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 pm
D-Wreck wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 pm
I'm not a basketball guy. What in the heck are these "illegal screens" they keep calling? Honest question.

Watching the game on SWX and the homer griz announcers make me want to drive a screwdriver through both eardrums.
The sad thing, those griz announcers are way better to listen to than the griz announcer on pluto...
The call of Fallyn’s game-tying basket in the women’s game is on Twitter. The play-by-play announcer sounds like he’s forcing himself to sound exciting. The color man says nothing. SMH.



He says, “...gooood.” Then it’s crickets. After forcing a tie with 14 seconds to play after trailing by 14, you say, “...GOOOOOOOOOD! And the Bobcats have just tied this game up with 14 seconds to go!!!” And then, “blah, blah, blah, blah-blah” from the color man.
Gotta love Bobcat Nation.....pissing and moaning about how an opposing announcer calls the play in a rivalry game when the opposition takes its first lead of the game late in the game! Really?? Turn on the Cats radio guy and sing Kumbaya all game if watching griz announcers makes you "sad"!!

And as to the reffing in the men's game..... I was there to watch Frey shoot 31 FT's in the first half! What a joke.

Do Cats have a whining flopping shooting phenom who plays little or no defense to replace him next year?
Maybe, just maybe the griz should have stopped reaching and swiping every time Harry touched the ball. They made up for it by calling Belo every time he blinked. Also just maybe, it might be possible the griz weren't shooting a bunch of free throws because they were content draining 3's at record pace, so they weren't taking it inside a whole lot.

Pretty sure I wouldn't be complaining a whole lot if the Cats basketball team ever has a 15-point halftime lead over the griz again in my lifetime. Good hell, people wonder why no one else can stand the griz and their bitchy, whiny fanbase.
Funny how Hot Tub High showed up just after Grizaddict was finally banned. Same schtick, just different username.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4861
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by iaafan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:02 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:09 pm
HotTubHigh wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:00 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 am
msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 pm
D-Wreck wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 pm
I'm not a basketball guy. What in the heck are these "illegal screens" they keep calling? Honest question.

Watching the game on SWX and the homer griz announcers make me want to drive a screwdriver through both eardrums.
The sad thing, those griz announcers are way better to listen to than the griz announcer on pluto...
The call of Fallyn’s game-tying basket in the women’s game is on Twitter. The play-by-play announcer sounds like he’s forcing himself to sound exciting. The color man says nothing. SMH.



He says, “...gooood.” Then it’s crickets. After forcing a tie with 14 seconds to play after trailing by 14, you say, “...GOOOOOOOOOD! And the Bobcats have just tied this game up with 14 seconds to go!!!” And then, “blah, blah, blah, blah-blah” from the color man.
Gotta love Bobcat Nation.....pissing and moaning about how an opposing announcer calls the play in a rivalry game when the opposition takes its first lead of the game late in the game! Really?? Turn on the Cats radio guy and sing Kumbaya all game if watching griz announcers makes you "sad"!!

And as to the reffing in the men's game..... I was there to watch Frey shoot 31 FT's in the first half! What a joke.

Do Cats have a whining flopping shooting phenom who plays little or no defense to replace him next year?
Is that the Griz radio announcer dubbed over the video? I was under the impression that it was a clip taken from SWX or Pluto or whoever was calling the game for TV. If not, it's kind of odd that MSU would go through all the trouble to do that and not dub it with its own radio announcers.
Not sure who’s production that is, but the call of that shot is terrible. If you’re gonna be a homer go all in. Let your listeners feel your, and their, disappointment.

TV/video broadcasts, unlike radio, are rarely produced by UM or MSU. I highly doubt this is a UM production. I’ve never heard anything about them having their own tv/video broadcasts.



wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by wapiti » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:28 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:02 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:09 pm
HotTubHigh wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:00 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:59 am
msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 pm
D-Wreck wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 pm
I'm not a basketball guy. What in the heck are these "illegal screens" they keep calling? Honest question.

Watching the game on SWX and the homer griz announcers make me want to drive a screwdriver through both eardrums.
The sad thing, those griz announcers are way better to listen to than the griz announcer on pluto...
The call of Fallyn’s game-tying basket in the women’s game is on Twitter. The play-by-play announcer sounds like he’s forcing himself to sound exciting. The color man says nothing. SMH.



He says, “...gooood.” Then it’s crickets. After forcing a tie with 14 seconds to play after trailing by 14, you say, “...GOOOOOOOOOD! And the Bobcats have just tied this game up with 14 seconds to go!!!” And then, “blah, blah, blah, blah-blah” from the color man.
Gotta love Bobcat Nation.....pissing and moaning about how an opposing announcer calls the play in a rivalry game when the opposition takes its first lead of the game late in the game! Really?? Turn on the Cats radio guy and sing Kumbaya all game if watching griz announcers makes you "sad"!!

And as to the reffing in the men's game..... I was there to watch Frey shoot 31 FT's in the first half! What a joke.

Do Cats have a whining flopping shooting phenom who plays little or no defense to replace him next year?
Is that the Griz radio announcer dubbed over the video? I was under the impression that it was a clip taken from SWX or Pluto or whoever was calling the game for TV. If not, it's kind of odd that MSU would go through all the trouble to do that and not dub it with its own radio announcers.
Not sure who’s production that is, but the call of that shot is terrible. If you’re gonna be a homer go all in. Let your listeners feel your, and their, disappointment.

TV/video broadcasts, unlike radio, are rarely produced by UM or MSU. I highly doubt this is a UM production. I’ve never heard anything about them having their own tv/video broadcasts.
Is SWX owned/operated by hard core griz fans??



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10024
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by CelticCat » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:42 am

It was a frustrating game to watch from a ref standpoint. I don't think it was unfairly called or anything, but the way they decided to ref the game hurt us and our style of play. We've been getting the ball into our bigs and letting them bang, but it was clear from literally the very first offensive possession of the game where we fed it down to Belo who went up for a dunk and got hacked without a call that they were going to let them play down low. The odd part was they were the complete opposite outside the paint - touch a guy 10 feet + from the rim and it's a foul. And holy moving screens Batman, I've never seen a game that had so many of those called. Just incredibly painful to watch as a fan. We got called for 19, the Griz for 27, yet I'd venture most of those fouls were moving screens or 20 feet from the hoop. 46 fouls does not make a fun basketball game to watch.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

HotTubHigh
Troll
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by HotTubHigh » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:55 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:42 am
It was a frustrating game to watch from a ref standpoint. I don't think it was unfairly called or anything, but the way they decided to ref the game hurt us and our style of play. We've been getting the ball into our bigs and letting them bang, but it was clear from literally the very first offensive possession of the game where we fed it down to Belo who went up for a dunk and got hacked without a call that they were going to let them play down low. The odd part was they were the complete opposite outside the paint - touch a guy 10 feet + from the rim and it's a foul. And holy moving screens Batman, I've never seen a game that had so many of those called. Just incredibly painful to watch as a fan. We got called for 19, the Griz for 27, yet I'd venture most of those fouls were moving screens or 20 feet from the hoop. 46 fouls does not make a fun basketball game to watch.
I agree. Don't think reffing favored either team but was bad. The goofy moving screens on both teams, the calls that Frey got in the first half, the non-calls on the Cat big guy (who got in foul trouble himself and didn't play too many minutes) and the 4 called on Griz big man starter Samuelson (in 4 total minutes!!...apparently not noticed over here because only the "Belo" fouls affected how/who played in the game).

My own rose colored opinion was that the ones that led to so many FT's for Frey were the worst...followed closely by the moving picks. But interestingly these most ridiculous ones might be easiest to avoid. As someone mentioned by Griz being less aggressive with their hand checks......and screeners making sure they absolutely set when setting pick. I didn't see a foul called on Frey where the was no contact and didn't see a moving pick call where the screener was totally set either.

Carry on....I've made another post....tried to keep it relatively PC...... but if I need to be banned.......



User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6560
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:58 pm

Sprinkle is going to get sent to the principal's office for this:



User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:31 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:58 pm
Sprinkle is going to get sent to the principal's office for this:
Good for Danny! His players know he's got their back.

On a related note, I'll start supporting whoever the Big Sky commissioner is whenever he/she decides to start improving the quality of the refereeing in the BSC. It's atrocious, in every sport, for every team - and it never gets better. No one is being held accountable for a damn thing. I agree with Danny, it's ridiculous.


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10024
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by CelticCat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:04 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:31 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:58 pm
Sprinkle is going to get sent to the principal's office for this:
Good for Danny! His players know he's got their back.

On a related note, I'll start supporting whoever the Big Sky commissioner is whenever he/she decides to start improving the quality of the refereeing in the BSC. It's atrocious, in every sport, for every team - and it never gets better. No one is being held accountable for a damn thing. I agree with Danny, it's ridiculous.
It's not going to get better any time soon. There is a shortage of referees across the country at all levels in every sport.

Yes there needs to accountability, and refs are graded internally, but if you start giving demerits or punishments to refs who have a bad game, well you're going to have even less refs than you have now. Any ref is the Big Sky has a day job too because it doesn't pay the bills.

Not too many jobs where you go to work and literally having people screaming at you, verbally abusing you, smearing your name on the internet, and sometimes physically threatening or intimidating you (we got followed into the parking lot being berated by a guy, threatened to kick our asses, after a f*cking middle school JV game on a Thursday afternoon), especially to get paid very little. Takes a different mindset.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6870
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:26 pm

HotTubHigh wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:55 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:42 am
It was a frustrating game to watch from a ref standpoint. I don't think it was unfairly called or anything, but the way they decided to ref the game hurt us and our style of play. We've been getting the ball into our bigs and letting them bang, but it was clear from literally the very first offensive possession of the game where we fed it down to Belo who went up for a dunk and got hacked without a call that they were going to let them play down low. The odd part was they were the complete opposite outside the paint - touch a guy 10 feet + from the rim and it's a foul. And holy moving screens Batman, I've never seen a game that had so many of those called. Just incredibly painful to watch as a fan. We got called for 19, the Griz for 27, yet I'd venture most of those fouls were moving screens or 20 feet from the hoop. 46 fouls does not make a fun basketball game to watch.
I agree. Don't think reffing favored either team but was bad. The goofy moving screens on both teams, the calls that Frey got in the first half, the non-calls on the Cat big guy (who got in foul trouble himself and didn't play too many minutes) and the 4 called on Griz big man starter Samuelson (in 4 total minutes!!...apparently not noticed over here because only the "Belo" fouls affected how/who played in the game).

My own rose colored opinion was that the ones that led to so many FT's for Frey were the worst...followed closely by the moving picks. But interestingly these most ridiculous ones might be easiest to avoid. As someone mentioned by Griz being less aggressive with their hand checks......and screeners making sure they absolutely set when setting pick. I didn't see a foul called on Frey where the was no contact and didn't see a moving pick call where the screener was totally set either.

Carry on....I've made another post....tried to keep it relatively PC...... but if I need to be banned.......
You poor thing! Are you gonna be OK??


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3793
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by coachouert » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:28 pm



Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Image

User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:24 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:04 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:31 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:58 pm
Sprinkle is going to get sent to the principal's office for this:
Good for Danny! His players know he's got their back.

On a related note, I'll start supporting whoever the Big Sky commissioner is whenever he/she decides to start improving the quality of the refereeing in the BSC. It's atrocious, in every sport, for every team - and it never gets better. No one is being held accountable for a damn thing. I agree with Danny, it's ridiculous.
It's not going to get better any time soon. There is a shortage of referees across the country at all levels in every sport.

Yes there needs to accountability, and refs are graded internally, but if you start giving demerits or punishments to refs who have a bad game, well you're going to have even less refs than you have now. Any ref is the Big Sky has a day job too because it doesn't pay the bills.

Not too many jobs where you go to work and literally having people screaming at you, verbally abusing you, smearing your name on the internet, and sometimes physically threatening or intimidating you (we got followed into the parking lot being berated by a guy, threatened to kick our asses, after a f*cking middle school JV game on a Thursday afternoon), especially to get paid very little. Takes a different mindset.
That's totally fair. And I would never defend behavior like that, I don't care what game it is, that's never okay. I get what you're saying about the referee shortage, and I don't doubt that you are completely right about that. But I just feel that the conference has never even had internal accountability, and most importantly, has never made a stated commitment to trying to improve things. These guys are not getting paid jack diddly, after they pay their own expenses, and I would like to see the commish and all the schools make a financial commitment to attract better quality referees, on par with at least the Mountain West, but it would take paying these guys a little more than $50/game (or whatever tiny amount they actually earn after it's all said and done).


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10024
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by CelticCat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:34 pm

Pure speculation but I'd guess the Big Sky refs make in the $700-$1,000 range per game. Not sure about travel and all that.

I think you nailed it, if you want better guys you just need to pay them more. Make sure your are on par with other mid-major conferences at the very least. Money is going to talk if the Big Sky wants to attract better officials.

Despite some of the crap that happened in the short 3 years I was a football ref, I actually enjoyed it, only quit because I had a kid. I almost enjoyed making a call I knew was correct and having boos rain down on me for it. :lol: Coaches yelling in your face was the worst thing during the game, fans are fans as long as they don't follow you out of the stadium. But we were so short handed my first year that I ended up doing a few varsity Friday night games my first freakin' year, I wasn't ready for that.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

oedipuss
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by oedipuss » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:29 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:34 pm
Pure speculation but I'd guess the Big Sky refs make in the $700-$1,000 range per game. Not sure about travel and all that.

I think you nailed it, if you want better guys you just need to pay them more. Make sure your are on par with other mid-major conferences at the very least. Money is going to talk if the Big Sky wants to attract better officials.

Despite some of the crap that happened in the short 3 years I was a football ref, I actually enjoyed it, only quit because I had a kid. I almost enjoyed making a call I knew was correct and having boos rain down on me for it. :lol: Coaches yelling in your face was the worst thing during the game, fans are fans as long as they don't follow you out of the stadium. But we were so short handed my first year that I ended up doing a few varsity Friday night games my first freakin' year, I wasn't ready for that.
https://pac-12.com/article/2016/08/15/w ... conference

Just to clarify, there are no Big Sky Conference refs. You basically get whoever is closest from the consortium and, although the Big Sky has a voice at the table, it's not a very pro-active voice.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4158
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by RickRund » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:37 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:34 pm
Pure speculation but I'd guess the Big Sky refs make in the $700-$1,000 range per game. Not sure about travel and all that.

I think you nailed it, if you want better guys you just need to pay them more. Make sure your are on par with other mid-major conferences at the very least. Money is going to talk if the Big Sky wants to attract better officials.

Despite some of the crap that happened in the short 3 years I was a football ref, I actually enjoyed it, only quit because I had a kid. I almost enjoyed making a call I knew was correct and having boos rain down on me for it. :lol: Coaches yelling in your face was the worst thing during the game, fans are fans as long as they don't follow you out of the stadium. But we were so short handed my first year that I ended up doing a few varsity Friday night games my first freakin' year, I wasn't ready for that.
Just did a search and found small conference officials CAN make $50000 a year but they may need to work 40-60 games to reach that amount.



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:12 am

RickRund wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:37 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:34 pm
Pure speculation but I'd guess the Big Sky refs make in the $700-$1,000 range per game. Not sure about travel and all that.

I think you nailed it, if you want better guys you just need to pay them more. Make sure your are on par with other mid-major conferences at the very least. Money is going to talk if the Big Sky wants to attract better officials.

Despite some of the crap that happened in the short 3 years I was a football ref, I actually enjoyed it, only quit because I had a kid. I almost enjoyed making a call I knew was correct and having boos rain down on me for it. :lol: Coaches yelling in your face was the worst thing during the game, fans are fans as long as they don't follow you out of the stadium. But we were so short handed my first year that I ended up doing a few varsity Friday night games my first freakin' year, I wasn't ready for that.
Just did a search and found small conference officials CAN make $50000 a year but they may need to work 40-60 games to reach that amount.
Wow, that's a buttload of travel over the course of 4.5 months or so...


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

User avatar
SACCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2358
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 am
Location: SPECTATORS

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by SACCAT » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:18 am

I am amazed at some of the things I hear while doing basketball play-by-play.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6870
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: MBB @ UM

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:13 am

SACCAT wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:18 am
I am amazed at some of the things I hear while doing basketball play-by-play.
Example?


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

Post Reply