Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Laurel, Montana

Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by stevo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:56 pm

Just saw this in the Builders exchange.
HERE WE GO!!! \:D/ \:D/

Bid Package #1: Bobcat Athletic Complex (Core, Shell, and Tenant Improvement), PPA No. 17-0187 -And- Bid Package #2: Bozeman Health Tenant Improvement within the BAC core and shell. Additional Information:: Bidding for this project is limited to the following pre-selected General Contractors: Dick Anderson Construction: Derek Didriksen - ddidriksen@daconstruction.com 406-586-0889 Jackson Contractor Group: Doug Jackson - dougj@jacksoncontractorgroup.com 406-542-9150 Langlas & Associates: Steve Langlas - slang@langlas.com 406-585-3420 Martel Construction: Tony Martel - tmartel@martelconstruction.com 406-586-8585 and Jason Martel - jmartel@martelconstruction.com 406-586-8585 Sletten Construction: Cliff Garness - cgarness@sletteninc.com 406-534-6976 Swank Enterprises: Dewey Swank - dewey@swankenterprises.com 406-752-5411 Please submit sub-contractor bids to the GCs. Engineer’s Estimate: $12M BP2 (Bozeman Health) 100% CD spec will be posted with Addendum #1
Bid Date: 02/06/2020
Location: Bozeman
Prebid Conference: JANUARY 21, 2020, AT 2:00 PM PARTICIPANTS SHOULD MEET AT: STADIUM CORPORATE ROOM (Gate 14, Second Floor). ATTENDANCE IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.

Web Cam Link:
http://stadium.kusm.montana.edu/
Last edited by stevo on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by 77matcat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:35 pm

👏👏.

Thanks for posting



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14455
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Strong group of contractors.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5843
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 pm

It’s supposed to warm up and stay in the 30s and 40s. They’ll be starting before you know it.



User avatar
GoCats18
Member # Retired
Posts: 2503
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:06 pm
Location: MT

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm

I think like most people, I am just exited to see some plans of what this thing will look like. Not the ones that were shown when they announced it, but what this thing is really going to look like.


Punters are people too!!

FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:29 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm
I think like most people, I am just exited to see some plans of what this thing will look like. Not the ones that were shown when they announced it, but what this thing is really going to look like.
Guessing it will be a surprise for everyone.



MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4226
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:35 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm
I think like most people, I am just exited to see some plans of what this thing will look like. Not the ones that were shown when they announced it, but what this thing is really going to look like.
Do we have any reason to think it will look different from the pictures that were released along with the announcement?


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1967
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:38 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:35 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm
I think like most people, I am just exited to see some plans of what this thing will look like. Not the ones that were shown when they announced it, but what this thing is really going to look like.
Do we have any reason to think it will look different from the pictures that were released along with the announcement?
I doubt it, but it seemed like there wasn't a ton of detail in the photos that were released to the public. I'd like to see a little more too.


Image

Common Cat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Spokane

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Common Cat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:11 pm

I’m probably in the minority - but I wasn’t overly impressed with the released drawings. The design didn’t catch my eye. However,
The design that was originally released seemed to have more windows and architectural aesthetic. I thought the latest renderings were anything but overwhelming.


@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Koozie

FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:11 pm
I’m probably in the minority - but I wasn’t overly impressed with the released drawings. The design didn’t catch my eye. However,
The design that was originally released seemed to have more windows and architectural aesthetic. I thought the latest renderings were anything but overwhelming.
The original drawning seemed like it allowed for some future seating between the building and the end zone. Which would allow for a little more capacity. The small potential to generate some money was outweighed by the new design. I'm guessing with the cost of construction being sky high right doesn't help either. I won't be suprised if what actually is built is different than the last rendering. Either we still moving in the right direction.



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3304
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:08 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:33 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:11 pm
I’m probably in the minority - but I wasn’t overly impressed with the released drawings. The design didn’t catch my eye. However,
The design that was originally released seemed to have more windows and architectural aesthetic. I thought the latest renderings were anything but overwhelming.
The original drawning seemed like it allowed for some future seating between the building and the end zone. Which would allow for a little more capacity. The small potential to generate some money was outweighed by the new design. I'm guessing with the cost of construction being sky high right doesn't help either. I won't be suprised if what actually is built is different than the last rendering. Either we still moving in the right direction.
There definitely will be enough room for extra end zone seating in the future. The new facility will be built on the other side of the block houses, which will be torn down after the new facility is completed.


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:56 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:08 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:33 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:11 pm
I’m probably in the minority - but I wasn’t overly impressed with the released drawings. The design didn’t catch my eye. However,
The design that was originally released seemed to have more windows and architectural aesthetic. I thought the latest renderings were anything but overwhelming.
The original drawning seemed like it allowed for some future seating between the building and the end zone. Which would allow for a little more capacity. The small potential to generate some money was outweighed by the new design. I'm guessing with the cost of construction being sky high right doesn't help either. I won't be suprised if what actually is built is different than the last rendering. Either we still moving in the right direction.
There definitely will be enough room for extra end zone seating in the future. The new facility will be built on the other side of the block houses, which will be torn down after the new facility is completed.
So future seating was taken into consideration, good to hear. Can't wait to see this project start.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5843
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:22 am

If you pull up google maps you can give yourself a good idea of where it’ll sit and get a feel for the room (depth) needed for an EZ grandstand in front of the building. The width of the block houses is about right.

Not sure what the dimensions are, but it’s 40,000 sqft in two levels. So assuming 20,000 per level that might be 250’ x 80’. There’s approximately 160’ from the far sides of each block house. The blocks are 50’ wide, so add a block house to each end and that’s about how wide the BAC is. They’re about 40-45’ deep, so add another block house to the depth. The height is two stories, which is around 25’ assuming 10’ ceilings with another 5’ for foundation, floors, and roof.

It’s a good sized structure that’s going to close in that end of the stadium.



FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:20 am

They should turn the Block House's into a Bar, with a outdoor patio. It could be a game day "fundraiser" for creating that new end zone. Cause I'm guessing it will be several years before it become additional seating.
Who wants to start a protest!



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7132
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:23 am

I was hoping to see a taller structure, so that you could overlook the field from windows on the top floor, even after end zone seats are added. That would be sweet! But it's probably not very practical to have a 4-5 story building, Idk.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10219
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA
Contact:

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:29 am

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:23 am
I was hoping to see a taller structure, so that you could overlook the field from windows on the top floor, even after end zone seats are added. That would be sweet! But it's probably not very practical to have a 4-5 story building, Idk.
But what about the viewshed?


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Long Time Cat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:40 am
Location: North Idaho

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:58 am

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:23 am
I was hoping to see a taller structure, so that you could overlook the field from windows on the top floor, even after end zone seats are added. That would be sweet! But it's probably not very practical to have a 4-5 story building, Idk.
Even if its only two stories it can be designed to add additional floors later. I hope they take that into consideration in the design.


"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4226
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:05 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:58 am
91catAlum wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:23 am
I was hoping to see a taller structure, so that you could overlook the field from windows on the top floor, even after end zone seats are added. That would be sweet! But it's probably not very practical to have a 4-5 story building, Idk.
Even if its only two stories it can be designed to add additional floors later. I hope they take that into consideration in the design.
According to the Facilities Plan, this has been considered. It specifically mentions that a "Super Suite" structure could be built on top of the athletic complex building when new north end zone seating is built.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

Cats15
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 966
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:21 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Cats15 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Does anyone know what they will do with the video board? is the complex just going to fit behind and under it and they keep it in the same place? I would like to see a new, larger board as this one is getting a little outdated.



wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by wapiti » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:30 pm

Will it have suites on top? or at lest some SRO viewing of games on top?

Are endzone suites even a thing??



Post Reply