Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
JDoub
Member # Retired
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Salt Lake City (SL,UT)

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by JDoub » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:32 pm

allcat wrote:I had a friend that stopped at a place and tried on shoes in Honk Kong. They were a little tight and he was going to pass. The guy told him to come back in 2 hours. They got a pair of shoes made to fit like a glove in 2 hours.
I didn't shop for shoes, but I did find a Rolex for $100 :) The quality of the fakes here are amazing



User avatar
JDoub
Member # Retired
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Salt Lake City (SL,UT)

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by JDoub » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 pm

Tokyo, Japan



User avatar
SonomaCat
Moderator
Posts: 23951
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:56 pm
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Contact:

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:58 pm

JDoub wrote:Tokyo, Japan
You are definitely winning this thread ... you must have a really interesting job (or at very least, your job takes you a lot of very interesting places!).



User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7746
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by allcat » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:05 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:
JDoub wrote:Tokyo, Japan
You are definitely winning this thread ... you must have a really interesting job (or at very least, your job takes you a lot of very interesting places!).
I used to travel a lot. I started making sure I had at least a couple of days wherever I went, otherwise it was one steel tube to a hotel and back to another steel tube.


Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Cledus wrote:
91catAlum wrote:Ma'alaea Bay on the south side of Maui, Hawaii. Drove the Road To Hana yesterday, truly the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Very nice. If you haven't watched a sunrise on the Haleakala crater, it might interest you. If you do it, bring warm clothes. It's only about 45 degrees up there, but it warms up quickly.

Yep, then ride a bicycle down. You get to see some pretty amazing views as you pass through about 4 climate zones. The lavender and protea fields are amazing.


Image

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6661
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:35 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cledus wrote:
91catAlum wrote:Ma'alaea Bay on the south side of Maui, Hawaii. Drove the Road To Hana yesterday, truly the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Very nice. If you haven't watched a sunrise on the Haleakala crater, it might interest you. If you do it, bring warm clothes. It's only about 45 degrees up there, but it warms up quickly.

Yep, then ride a bicycle down. You get to see some pretty amazing views as you pass through about 4 climate zones. The lavender and protea fields are amazing.
My wife read some stories about people wrecking on those bikes and was hesitant to do that, so we drove it instead.


Image

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:41 pm

91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cledus wrote:
91catAlum wrote:Ma'alaea Bay on the south side of Maui, Hawaii. Drove the Road To Hana yesterday, truly the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Very nice. If you haven't watched a sunrise on the Haleakala crater, it might interest you. If you do it, bring warm clothes. It's only about 45 degrees up there, but it warms up quickly.

Yep, then ride a bicycle down. You get to see some pretty amazing views as you pass through about 4 climate zones. The lavender and protea fields are amazing.
My wife read some stories about people wrecking on those bikes and was hesitant to do that, so we drove it instead.
Yeah... There's always some idiot who doesn't follow directions and flies off a cliff


Image

User avatar
JDoub
Member # Retired
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Salt Lake City (SL,UT)

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by JDoub » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:14 pm

Kansas City, MO

Maker's Mark Restaurant, Power & Light District open air concert, good music, good whiskey, wishing my wife was here



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5861
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
JDoub wrote:Tokyo, Japan
You are definitely winning this thread ... you must have a really interesting job (or at very least, your job takes you a lot of very interesting places!).
Probably a Delta Diamond Million-Miler by this point...


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

User avatar
JDoub
Member # Retired
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Salt Lake City (SL,UT)

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by JDoub » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
JDoub wrote:Tokyo, Japan
You are definitely winning this thread ... you must have a really interesting job (or at very least, your job takes you a lot of very interesting places!).
Probably a Delta Diamond Million-Miler by this point...
Yes, I started an interesting job about two years ago after 20+ years in the Electric & Gas Utility business. Working for Oracle, who started a Global vertical business in Gas, Electric, and Water, and needed thought leaders/strategists in this space. (MSU engineering education put to good use!) So I do get to travel the world meeting with utilities and speaking at conferences, and visiting implementation projects. It's the first travel job I've had and while I do love to travel, it takes a toll on the family.

I haven't hit the million miler yet, only about 300K, and I'm only a Platinum skymiles status now, but should hit diamond this year. At least business class makes travel more tolerable! The new dreamliner (Boeing's VP in charge of that project was also an MSU grad and Society of Women Engineers leader) on the way to PDX from Tokyo was amazing -- laid down flat and slept 8 hours, which I never get to do being 6'2" 225!!

Everyone who has traveled for years on their job tells me it gets old. I'm sure it will, but after two years I still look forward to seeing new places, cultures, people, etc. I just wish I could take my wife/kids along more often!

Happy to win something, I guess, even if it is just a BN thread! :wink:



User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7746
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by allcat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:15 am

JDoub wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
JDoub wrote:Tokyo, Japan
You are definitely winning this thread ... you must have a really interesting job (or at very least, your job takes you a lot of very interesting places!).
Probably a Delta Diamond Million-Miler by this point...
Yes, I started an interesting job about two years ago after 20+ years in the Electric & Gas Utility business. Working for Oracle, who started a Global vertical business in Gas, Electric, and Water, and needed thought leaders/strategists in this space. (MSU engineering education put to good use!) So I do get to travel the world meeting with utilities and speaking at conferences, and visiting implementation projects. It's the first travel job I've had and while I do love to travel, it takes a toll on the family.

I haven't hit the million miler yet, only about 300K, and I'm only a Platinum skymiles status now, but should hit diamond this year. At least business class makes travel more tolerable! The new dreamliner (Boeing's VP in charge of that project was also an MSU grad and Society of Women Engineers leader) on the way to PDX from Tokyo was amazing -- laid down flat and slept 8 hours, which I never get to do being 6'2" 225!!

Everyone who has traveled for years on their job tells me it gets old. I'm sure it will, but after two years I still look forward to seeing new places, cultures, people, etc. I just wish I could take my wife/kids along more often!

Happy to win something, I guess, even if it is just a BN thread! :wink:
Just getting nominated is special, but winning, that's priceless. (literally)


Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

User avatar
JDoub
Member # Retired
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Salt Lake City (SL,UT)

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by JDoub » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Paris, France, reading up on the UCA win -- couldn't get it streaming :evil: but did pick up the audio -- sounded like a solid win with some shenangins in the 4th


on my way to Madrid today -- will be the first time in Spain for me, looking forward to it. Other than work priorities, my goals in Madrid include contributing to this week's look-a-like thread :)



FTG06'
Member # Retired
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by FTG06' » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Tried to post the other day from Bagram, Afghanistan (Internet there is spotty at best), so now I'm posting from Albuquerque.

Only one gunshot that I've heard so far.......in the last hour.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

User avatar
standup
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:21 am

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by standup » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:15 pm



it is no more reasonable for me to dictate your fan experience than it is for you to dictate mine

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:17 pm

St. Andrews?


Image

User avatar
standup
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:21 am

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by standup » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:01 pm

7th tee Pebble.


it is no more reasonable for me to dictate your fan experience than it is for you to dictate mine

User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:10 pm

standup wrote:7th tee Pebble.
Gorgeous! Although my "magnetic" ball would likely get pulled into the water.


Image

FTG06'
Member # Retired
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by FTG06' » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Looks like it'll be Souda Bay, Greece this weekend.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

User avatar
rtb
Moderator
Posts: 8024
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:15 pm
Location: Bend, OR
Contact:

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by rtb » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:09 am

Napa Valley CA. Not a bad place to be today!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5861
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Unique locations from which you are posting to BN.com

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:30 pm

FTG06' wrote:Looks like it'll be Souda Bay, Greece this weekend.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I envy you. Greece is on the Bucket List, no doubt.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Post Reply