Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:58 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:53 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:49 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:41 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:37 am
CelticCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 am
Just out of curiosity I am following WKU and Robison has not signed at WKU yet. But I fully expect him to.
Hmmmmm [-o<
Based on how well Tucker performed down the stretch, the signing of Matt McKay, and the signing of "Touchdown" Tommy Mellott, I feel much better about Grady decommitting.
I don't really agree.

McKay doesn't change a lot. Same graduation date as Rovig.

I like Mellott, but I'm just skeptical of him being a BSC QB. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not seeing it.

I'd like to see another recruit or young transfer brought in. Obviously, lots of time.
I don't think anybody likes that he decommitted, but having these guys softens the blow considerably.
I wouldn't disagree with this at all.



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:59 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:53 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:49 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:41 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:37 am
CelticCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 am
Just out of curiosity I am following WKU and Robison has not signed at WKU yet. But I fully expect him to.
Hmmmmm [-o<
Based on how well Tucker performed down the stretch, the signing of Matt McKay, and the signing of "Touchdown" Tommy Mellott, I feel much better about Grady decommitting.
I don't really agree.

McKay doesn't change a lot. Same graduation date as Rovig.

I like Mellott, but I'm just skeptical of him being a BSC QB. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not seeing it.

I'd like to see another recruit or young transfer brought in. Obviously, lots of time.
I would've agreed with you prior to Tommy's senior season. He improved enough for me to consider him a legit FCS quarterback recruit.
That's fair. I hope you're right!



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:59 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:58 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:53 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:49 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:41 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:37 am
CelticCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 am
Just out of curiosity I am following WKU and Robison has not signed at WKU yet. But I fully expect him to.
Hmmmmm [-o<
Based on how well Tucker performed down the stretch, the signing of Matt McKay, and the signing of "Touchdown" Tommy Mellott, I feel much better about Grady decommitting.
I don't really agree.

McKay doesn't change a lot. Same graduation date as Rovig.

I like Mellott, but I'm just skeptical of him being a BSC QB. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not seeing it.

I'd like to see another recruit or young transfer brought in. Obviously, lots of time.
I would've agreed with you prior to Tommy's senior season. He improved enough for me to consider him a legit FCS quarterback recruit.
I think that McKay does make a difference, he brings a level of competition to the QB room, TR has to continue to improve to maintain his job.
I meant as far as recruiting goes.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7310
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:01 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:59 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:53 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:49 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:41 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:37 am
CelticCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 am
Just out of curiosity I am following WKU and Robison has not signed at WKU yet. But I fully expect him to.
Hmmmmm [-o<
Based on how well Tucker performed down the stretch, the signing of Matt McKay, and the signing of "Touchdown" Tommy Mellott, I feel much better about Grady decommitting.
I don't really agree.

McKay doesn't change a lot. Same graduation date as Rovig.

I like Mellott, but I'm just skeptical of him being a BSC QB. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not seeing it.

I'd like to see another recruit or young transfer brought in. Obviously, lots of time.
I would've agreed with you prior to Tommy's senior season. He improved enough for me to consider him a legit FCS quarterback recruit.
That's fair. I hope you're right!
Blake Thelen also received really good reviews this year from the coaching staff. Choate has mentioned to a few that he's ahead of his development at QB.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7803
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:37 am

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:04 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:01 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:59 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:53 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:49 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:41 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:37 am
CelticCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 am
Just out of curiosity I am following WKU and Robison has not signed at WKU yet. But I fully expect him to.
Hmmmmm [-o<
Based on how well Tucker performed down the stretch, the signing of Matt McKay, and the signing of "Touchdown" Tommy Mellott, I feel much better about Grady decommitting.
I don't really agree.

McKay doesn't change a lot. Same graduation date as Rovig.

I like Mellott, but I'm just skeptical of him being a BSC QB. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not seeing it.

I'd like to see another recruit or young transfer brought in. Obviously, lots of time.
I would've agreed with you prior to Tommy's senior season. He improved enough for me to consider him a legit FCS quarterback recruit.
That's fair. I hope you're right!
Blake Thelen also received really good reviews this year from the coaching staff. Choate has mentioned to a few that he's ahead of his development at QB.
Yeah I think Thelen could surprise for sure. I like him a lot.



User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8249
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 pm

So Vim, do you think we are done, or do we have a legitimate shot at an early Christmas present


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7310
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 pm
So Vim, do you think we are done, or do we have a legitimate shot at an early Christmas present
Image


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3518
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 pm
So Vim, do you think we are done, or do we have a legitimate shot at an early Christmas present
Image
Is this a name clue?

Lol. Jokes.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7310
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:13 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:11 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 pm
So Vim, do you think we are done, or do we have a legitimate shot at an early Christmas present
Image
Is this a name clue?

Lol. Jokes.
I'm not that clever.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
Camo_Cat
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:07 am
Location: In a tree stand

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:14 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:13 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:11 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 pm
So Vim, do you think we are done, or do we have a legitimate shot at an early Christmas present
Image
Is this a name clue?

Lol. Jokes.
I'm not that clever.
We're signing Obi Wan?! That's frickin awesome - we now have the force on our side!



Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:34 pm

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by Lydell » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 pm

Just heard... Grebe signs with Cats!!



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7310
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Lydell wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 pm
Just heard... Grebe signs with Cats!!
The recruiting saga of Brody can be summed up in one phrase: que sera, sera (whatever will be, will be).


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

superbobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by superbobcat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:19 pm

I had a friend from Butte describe Mellott as the next Dave Dickenson. Now this guy, is highly involved in Butte sports and knows his stuff and his Butte history. I was pretty excited to hear that comparison, because Mellott is special and we just have to give him time to adjust to the Big Sky.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Lydell wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 pm
Just heard... Grebe signs with Cats!!
yep



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9917
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by CelticCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:26 pm

There it is:



R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:31 pm
Location: The HiLine

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by HiLineCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:27 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:18 pm
Lydell wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 pm
Just heard... Grebe signs with Cats!!
The recruiting saga of Brody can be summed up in one phrase: que sera, sera (whatever will be, will be).
He should sign with us, look at the name of the prep school he is going to- CHOATE Rosemary Hall



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9678
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:27 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:25 pm
Lydell wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 pm
Just heard... Grebe signs with Cats!!
yep
Boom!



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9678
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:28 pm




profisme
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1721
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:05 pm
Location: Bozeman, MT
Contact:

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by profisme » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:29 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:25 pm
Lydell wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 pm
Just heard... Grebe signs with Cats!!
yep
Boom!
I will wait until it is official, but this would be a very exciting pickup.


-Elias P. Harmon-

profisme
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1721
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:05 pm
Location: Bozeman, MT
Contact:

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by profisme » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Well ****** yeah!


-Elias P. Harmon-

Post Reply