High School Tournaments

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4370
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

High School Tournaments

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:41 pm

I saw the AA boys and girls are in the fieldhouse in a few weeks. Are there any more tournaments in the area? I know all the state tournies are set but didn't know if there were any more districts or something in Bozeman or Belgrade.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13898
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:43 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:41 pm
I saw the AA boys and girls are in the fieldhouse in a few weeks. Are there any more tournaments in the area? I know all the state tournies are set but didn't know if there were any more districts or something in Bozeman or Belgrade.
Sorry for the belated news, but 5B was in Belgrade. Hauser kid from Three Forks was very good and very fun to watch. He had 32 (34?) in the championship game vs. Manhattan. Assuming he's going somewhere next year. He could get anywhere he wanted on the court. Rachel Van Blaricom is a sophomore from Boulder/Jefferson is a very strong player, she had 27 in the consolation game.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13898
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:56 pm

AA boys might be a sleeper this year. Hellgate is just crushing teams. Winning by almost 30 ppg.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4370
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:56 pm
AA boys might be a sleeper this year. Hellgate is just crushing teams. Winning by almost 30 ppg.
Ya hellgate looks untouchable. Open enrollment will do that at times.

Hauser is a great player. Plays like his dad and uncle. Think he could do really well as a bulldog in Dillon. Fun to watch.

I’ve just been busy with work to see if we have anything else around before AA state.



User avatar
SACCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2361
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 am
Location: SPECTATORS

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by SACCAT » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:25 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:56 pm
AA boys might be a sleeper this year. Hellgate is just crushing teams. Winning by almost 30 ppg.
Ya hellgate looks untouchable. Open enrollment will do that at times.

Hauser is a great player. Plays like his dad and uncle. Think he could do really well as a bulldog in Dillon. Fun to watch.

I’ve just been busy with work to see if we have anything else around before AA state.
Bozeman High Boys lost TWO games with buzzer beater shots from just under half court. One by West (they had one loss before losing Eastern Championship) and the other in the 3rd place game. So they will play Helgate Thursday night here in Bozeman.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5047
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by iaafan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am

Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4370
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.
As will be everyone they play.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13898
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.
As will be everyone they play.
I’d like to see a Scobey vs Hellgate game.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5154
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.
As will be everyone they play.
I’d like to see a Scobey vs Hellgate game.
😂😂. It’d be ugly!



User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5154
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:33 pm

Tourneys all cancelled. Co-champs at each division.



wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by wapiti » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:35 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.
As will be everyone they play.
I’d like to see a Scobey vs Hellgate game.
😂😂. It’d be ugly!
I think Hellgate vs Hardin would be interesting

or even better an all conference tournament. Take the top 2 or 3 from each conference and see who has the best team in the state.
I think the AA would not win it as much as some may think.
Last edited by wapiti on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5154
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:37 pm

wapiti wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:35 pm
LTown Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.
As will be everyone they play.
I’d like to see a Scobey vs Hellgate game.
😂😂. It’d be ugly!
I think Hellgate vs Hardin would be interesting
Closer but I’d still take Helgate by double digits. Their big 3 is just too talented. Rollie is a lot better than Famous.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4219
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by RickRund » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:33 am

LTown Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:37 pm
wapiti wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:35 pm
LTown Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.
As will be everyone they play.
I’d like to see a Scobey vs Hellgate game.
😂😂. It’d be ugly!
I think Hellgate vs Hardin would be interesting
Closer but I’d still take Helgate by double digits. Their big 3 is just too talented. Rollie is a lot better than Famous.
I see that Hardin played 52-53 games. What is with that? A few AA games. And they beat Poplar something like 112-11... Not an overly big team but the must be able to really gun it...



Wrangler
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:24 am

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by Wrangler » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:30 am

You must be looking at the MaxPreps website concerning Hardin’s 52 games, and I’m not sure whether they included junior varsity, freshman, etc. games in the figure or if it is simply an erroneous listing. MHSA regulations limit varsity basketball contests to no more than eighteen games prior to the postseason tournaments.



User avatar
MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:25 am
Location: NE Montana

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:58 am

LTown Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.
As will be everyone they play.
I’d like to see a Scobey vs Hellgate game.
😂😂. It’d be ugly!
Yes, it'd be pretty demoralizing for Hellgate to get spanked by a Class C. Good news for Scobey is that they return 4 starters and 2 of their main backups next year. They will be back, and will be out for blood next year.


There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4219
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by RickRund » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:15 am

Wrangler wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:30 am
You must be looking at the MaxPreps website concerning Hardin’s 52 games, and I’m not sure whether they included junior varsity, freshman, etc. games in the figure or if it is simply an erroneous listing. MHSA regulations limit varsity basketball contests to no more than eighteen games prior to the postseason tournaments.
Yes MaxPreps... Thought there had to be regulations. That probably explains it.
Thank you



User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5154
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:03 pm

MTCowpoke22 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:58 am
LTown Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.
As will be everyone they play.
I’d like to see a Scobey vs Hellgate game.
😂😂. It’d be ugly!
Yes, it'd be pretty demoralizing for Hellgate to get spanked by a Class C. Good news for Scobey is that they return 4 starters and 2 of their main backups next year. They will be back, and will be out for blood next year.
I've seen Scobey a few times--they are good...very good, and in a typical year I'd be more inclined to MAYBE buy into this. But...this was a very special Hellgate team. Arguably one of the top 3 players this state has produced in 15-20 years, LaRance is a stud, and Abe Johnson would be an absolute handful for Scobey (he's a borderline D1 guy himself). It's a shame these guys didn't get to play that last game. Always fun to speculate these types of things though...even if they can never be proven one way or the other.



wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: High School Tournaments

Post by wapiti » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:57 am

wapiti wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:35 pm
LTown Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:16 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:17 am
Bozeman was crushed by Hellgate.
As will be everyone they play.
I’d like to see a Scobey vs Hellgate game.
😂😂. It’d be ugly!
I think Hellgate vs Hardin would be interesting

or even better an all conference tournament. Take the top 2 or 3 from each conference and see who has the best team in the state.
I think the AA would not win it as much as some may think.
Slim @ Montana Sports took my idea and wrote an article about it.
https://www.montanasports.com/high-scho ... fans-dream



Post Reply