Old scoreboard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Old scoreboard

Post by St George » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:14 pm
St George wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:51 pm
There is a rendering on the master plan showing the seating, but I am not good with posting photos.
Yeah, that’s the 2017 master plan. I think the plan has changed quite a bit since then.
Is there a revised plan on file somewhere showing all the changes? Or is it on double secret probation? One would think somewhere someone has a plan.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:21 am

St George wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 am
AFCAT wrote:
St George wrote:
There is a rendering on the master plan showing the seating, but I am not good with posting photos.
Yeah, that’s the 2017 master plan. I think the plan has changed quite a bit since then.
Is there a revised plan on file somewhere showing all the changes? Or is it on double secret probation? One would think somewhere someone has a plan.
I honestly doubt they would update the 2017 master plan. Why? Those plans cost a lot of money. It created a vision which is good enough. We know what needs to be done. When MSU can check off something they move onto the next and by the time funds are raised that product will look different due to costs and a good chance the needs have changed a little bit.

That begs another question. What is next? Is it the east grandstand? Or something not football related?

Hating the griz since 02.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:40 am

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:21 am
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
St George wrote:
I honestly doubt they would update the 2017 master plan. Why? Those plans cost a lot of money. It created a vision which is good enough. We know what needs to be done. When MSU can check off something they move onto the next and by the time funds are raised that product will look different due to costs and a good chance the needs have changed a little bit.

That begs another question. What is next? Is it the east grandstand? Or something not football related?
I also doubt they would update the visual part of the 2017 plan, but surely MSU has a plan that has been updated, even if it's not visual. Yeah they're not paying somebody a million bucks to come in and create these virtual fly-overs, but somewhere somebody has written down and multiple people have agreed on what the next steps are...hopefully.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:54 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:40 am
CodyCat wrote:
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
St George wrote:

I also doubt they would update the visual part of the 2017 plan, but surely MSU has a plan that has been updated, even if it's not visual. Yeah they're not paying somebody a million bucks to come in and create these virtual fly-overs, but somewhere somebody has written down and multiple people have agreed on what the next steps are...hopefully.
As far as major projects go, I'd suspect the East grandstands are next on the list, after the indoor. I would think the Cats would have to do more than just the grandstands though or re-design what they initially proposed. The original East renovation actually took away seats, so something would have to be added in the end zone or a re-design of the initial proposal to increase or maintain the same amount of seating.

I know the Cats also want to do some work in the Brick, but I don't know the exact details of when that will happen. There was hope to build a proper hall of fame in the Brick someday and improve the basketball arena, but I'm sure those proposals are after the East grandstands.

Personally, I'd also like to see track and field get their own training building out near the indoor facility, maybe in that triangle area South of the outdoor track. That's just me dreaming though and I don't have inside information on anything.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:08 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:54 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
St George wrote:

As far as major projects go, I'd suspect the East grandstands are next on the list, after the indoor. I would think the Cats would have to do more than just the grandstands though or re-design what they initially proposed. The original East renovation actually took away seats, so something would have to be added in the end zone or a re-design of the initial proposal to increase or maintain the same amount of seating.

I know the Cats also want to do some work in the Brick, but I don't know the exact details of when that will happen. There was hope to build a proper hall of fame in the Brick someday and improve the basketball arena, but I'm sure those proposals are after the East grandstands.

Personally, I'd also like to see track and field get their own training building out near the indoor facility, maybe in that triangle area South of the outdoor track. That's just me dreaming though and I don't have inside information on anything.
Yeah, this is kind of what I mean. I'd imagine the athletic department has a plan for what we're guessing at. I think you're right about the east grandstands, and I think that will be made possible by building suites on top, which takes away seats and probably necessitates putting in end-zone seats at that time, because they don't want to go backwards on capacity at this point.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:39 pm

AFCAT wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
St George wrote:

From the pictures it looks like T&F will have a significant facility in what is being built. 300m track, space for field events, etc. Why would they spend on another one

Sports is not bigger than life

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:47 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
St George wrote:

From the pictures it looks like T&F will have a significant facility in what is being built. 300m track, space for field events, etc. Why would they spend on another one
I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a track version of the BAC, with locker rooms, training rooms, etc. At the very least I'm sure they'd like having permanent lockers for their athletes that are close to the facility.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:40 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:47 pm
tetoncat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
St George wrote:

I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a track version of the BAC, with locker rooms, training rooms, etc. At the very least I'm sure they'd like having permanent lockers for their athletes that are close to the facility.
Yup, a track version of the BAC. If the track teams main training and competing area is out in that area, then it would be cool someday for the track team to have a dedicated facility there as well. That’s just me dreaming, it’s not something that I know the athletic department is even contemplating.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:51 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:40 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
St George wrote:

Yup, a track version of the BAC. If the track teams main training and competing area is out in that area, then it would be cool someday for the track team to have a dedicated facility there as well. That’s just me dreaming, it’s not something that I know the athletic department is even contemplating.
They're going to have to sell a lot more 50/50 tickets.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:44 pm

I could see something like lockers adjacentor attached down the road but a fair amount of space is going to track in the current IPF isn't it.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:50 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:44 pm
I could see something like lockers adjacentor attached down the road but a fair amount of space is going to track in the current IPF isn't it.
I retract my dream, forget I even mentioned it.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:07 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:50 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Sensitive much.
I asked a question in my first post. I thought T&F helped contribute money through fund raising. Initially I saw pictures with just a track around it. The last pictures show 300m oval., a straight away, plenty of area for field events. Guess I thought they were getting a lot more than initially and the building is more than an indoor football field.
So I was curious what else T&F needs in a separate facility.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:35 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:40 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
St George wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
St George wrote:

Track has a bunch of money. Or at least they have donors with money. When track went to Leon and asked what it would take financially to get a big enough facility for track, he gave them a dollar amount and basically said "you have this much time to get that money raised because we can't put this whole project on hold indefinitely while you raise money". They came back shockingly early, from what I heard, with the few million extra dollars. I don't know if the track donors just haven't been hit up as much as the football donors or if they really have a ton of money, but I'd imagine if the track team put it out there that this was a big need, it could get done. I'd love to see it, and I'd support it. If they thought it would help with recruiting and performance, I say go for it.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:14 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:07 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:50 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Sensitive much.
I asked a question in my first post. I thought T&F helped contribute money through fund raising. Initially I saw pictures with just a track around it. The last pictures show 300m oval., a straight away, plenty of area for field events. Guess I thought they were getting a lot more than initially and the building is more than an indoor football field.
So I was curious what else T&F needs in a separate facility.
This was just a comment from me about a dream of mine of what I’d like to see built someday, not something the T&F folks have said is a need, requested or is being proposed. I thought I made that pretty clear in my posts.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:16 pm

Man, the new flagpole on top look to be almost as tall as the scoreboard itself.

* That's just a personal opinion and guesstimate from looking at the photo.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:28 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:16 pm
Man, the new flagpole on top look to be almost as tall as the scoreboard itself.

They have the "stadium" portion lifted on the right hand side today and all four flagpoles are up. I'll see if I can swing by quick and a take a couple of pictures.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:44 pm

coachouert wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:28 pm
AFCAT wrote:

They have the "stadium" portion lifted on the right hand side today and all four flagpoles are up. I'll see if I can swing by quick and a take a couple of pictures.
Thanks, I didn't take into consideration that last section that will be covered with the "Bobcat Stadium" sign in my guesstimate.

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:11 pm

coachouert wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I wonder if there are more speakers in the "Bobcat" and "stadium" portions???... I see through the same web cam that "bobcat" is going on now.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:27 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:11 pm
coachouert wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I wonder if there are more speakers in the "Bobcat" and "stadium" portions???... I see through the same web cam that "bobcat" is going on now.
That dang camera just needs to slide to the right a bit more.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:00 pm

Was able to swing by on my way home from campus right when they were lifting the BOBCAT into place. It looks so damn good. First pic is courtesy of @gtapp who had more sunlight than I did. Added a picture of the south endzone just because.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.