Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:37 am

I forgot to thank the fans that supported Matt and the team this year - you were great and had the team's back most of the year. Matt's comment about the amazing support from the fans after losing 4 straight games is kind of ringing in my ears right now.


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

User avatar
Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1243
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:07 am
Location: In a tree stand

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:37 am

Wow - thank you Coach Logie for not bailing on us after one year!! You are correct - the job is not done, and we have reason to continue being optimistic for the continuation of the golden age of Bobcat basketball!!

I'm sure we all realize that Coach is young, and he is an up-and-comer. The time one day will be right for him to move up, and he will land with a much better b-ball program than Wazzu. LET"S GO CATS!!!


Image

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:58 am

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:46 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:18 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:15 am
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:46 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:38 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:29 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:51 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:36 pm
Any older coaches out there that want to retire in Bozeman and build a program?
Yeah, definitely what we want is a coach on the downside of his career looking to settle down.
Why not? Does age make them a bad coach or recruiter?
Did I say anything about age?

MSU is in a middling conference. Any coach that is looking to retire here is more than likely on the tail end of his career, and coming from a more prestigious program or conference. That’s not who we want. We’re a stepping stone. Own it. Build the program hiring good, young, coaches that are looking to advance themselves and their programs.

Obviously I want Logie to stay longer than a year, but this sure does make hiring a good candidate a heck of a lot easier.
“Downside of his career looking to settle down” would mean an older coach.

Should we get rid of Binford then? She seems to want to stick it out here for awhile.

If Logie leaves, did he advance the program? Has he really built something here? His team did get hot at the right time this year, but is the program built for the long haul or sustained success? Was the program in a good spot after Sprinkle left? You could say yes and no to that one. Sprinkle did advance the program to new heights but it was also torn down when he left. I don’t know what the right answer is, but I’m not so sure just bringing in young coaches that are hot to get big paydays is the way to go either. Unfortunately, I think that is probably what’s going to happen again and again and again. Tough for me to continue to get behind it again and again and again though.
I’ll guarantee you if Binford had an offer like Sprinkle or Logie, she’d be out of here as fast as she could. We aren’t a destination spot, we’re a stepping stone.
Oh, I bet she has had other offers. She and her husband and their family seem to love it here.
I didn’t say she hasn’t had offers, I said offers like Sprinkle and Logie.
Well, you’re definitely correct on that then since only one NCAA head women’s basketball coach makes more than Sprinkle does in salary.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-bas ... kim-mulkey
Yes, that’s the point. Women’s coaches aren’t getting paid nearly as much, so Binford is more unlikely to see a 3-4x pay raise, making it more unlikely for her to leave.



BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2727
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:58 am

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:06 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:34 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:16 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:48 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:38 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:29 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:51 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:36 pm
Any older coaches out there that want to retire in Bozeman and build a program?
Yeah, definitely what we want is a coach on the downside of his career looking to settle down.
Why not? Does age make them a bad coach or recruiter?
Did I say anything about age?

MSU is in a middling conference. Any coach that is looking to retire here is more than likely on the tail end of his career, and coming from a more prestigious program or conference. That’s not who we want. We’re a stepping stone. Own it. Build the program hiring good, young, coaches that are looking to advance themselves and their programs.

Obviously I want Logie to stay longer than a year, but this sure does make hiring a good candidate a heck of a lot easier.
“Downside of his career looking to settle down” would mean an older coach.

Should we get rid of Binford then? She seems to want to stick it out here for awhile.

If Logie leaves, did he advance the program? Has he really built something here? His team did get hot at the right time this year, but is the program built for the long haul or sustained success? Was the program in a good spot after Sprinkle left? You could say yes and no to that one. Sprinkle did advance the program to new heights but it was also torn down when he left. I don’t know what the right answer is, but I’m not so sure just bringing in young coaches that are hot to get big paydays is the way to go either. Unfortunately, I think that is probably what’s going to happen again and again and again. Tough for me to continue to get behind it again and again and again though.
I’ll guarantee you if Binford had an offer like Sprinkle or Logie, she’d be out of here as fast as she could. We aren’t a destination spot, we’re a stepping stone.
You talk like you know something about basketball. Maybe we can revisit your take on our team last year, specifically on Lecholat and Patterson.
If never being wrong is a new qualifier for posting here, I’m quite afraid that traffic is going to decrease significantly.
Maybe if you were a little more humble in your statements, people wouldn’t call you out when you are wrong. But then again, your username is belligerent so we know what you thrive on.
Image



User avatar
coachouert
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4123
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by coachouert » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:09 am

Glad Wazzu coug'd it and coach is sticking around! :suds:


Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Image

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3023
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by lutecat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:12 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:34 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:16 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:48 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:38 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:29 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:51 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:36 pm
Any older coaches out there that want to retire in Bozeman and build a program?
Yeah, definitely what we want is a coach on the downside of his career looking to settle down.
Why not? Does age make them a bad coach or recruiter?
Did I say anything about age?

MSU is in a middling conference. Any coach that is looking to retire here is more than likely on the tail end of his career, and coming from a more prestigious program or conference. That’s not who we want. We’re a stepping stone. Own it. Build the program hiring good, young, coaches that are looking to advance themselves and their programs.

Obviously I want Logie to stay longer than a year, but this sure does make hiring a good candidate a heck of a lot easier.
“Downside of his career looking to settle down” would mean an older coach.

Should we get rid of Binford then? She seems to want to stick it out here for awhile.

If Logie leaves, did he advance the program? Has he really built something here? His team did get hot at the right time this year, but is the program built for the long haul or sustained success? Was the program in a good spot after Sprinkle left? You could say yes and no to that one. Sprinkle did advance the program to new heights but it was also torn down when he left. I don’t know what the right answer is, but I’m not so sure just bringing in young coaches that are hot to get big paydays is the way to go either. Unfortunately, I think that is probably what’s going to happen again and again and again. Tough for me to continue to get behind it again and again and again though.
I’ll guarantee you if Binford had an offer like Sprinkle or Logie, she’d be out of here as fast as she could. We aren’t a destination spot, we’re a stepping stone.
You talk like you know something about basketball. Maybe we can revisit your take on our team last year, specifically on Lecholat and Patterson.
If never being wrong is a new qualifier for posting here, I’m quite afraid that traffic is going to decrease significantly.
Maybe if you were a little more humble in your statements, people wouldn’t call you out when you are wrong. But then again, your username is belligerent so we know what you thrive on.
Maybe if you just.....nevermind.

Look there's no people... there's just you. People is plural.

Be nicer man. Be nicer.



lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3023
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by lutecat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:14 am

His son is holding up a 4 on his hand. 4 more years? Lol



HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Bozeman, MT

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by HelenaCat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:48 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:49 am
Wow! Loyalty you just don’t see that often. That’s awesome. I gained even more respect for him.
This!!



User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9350
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:52 am

lutecat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:14 am
His son is holding up a 4 on his hand. 4 more years? Lol
Ley's go for 4 straight Big Sky titles!


QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

User avatar
tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by tdub » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:59 am

That family of his probably had a big say in the decision. Relocating a young family, school age kids, can be pretty tough on the family. As much as this is a fanatic’s board and the focus is the sports and the money, there is obviously waaaay more that goes into it.


Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

User avatar
TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3608
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: Bow, WA

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:31 am

tdub wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:59 am
That family of his probably had a big say in the decision. Relocating a young family, school age kids, can be pretty tough on the family. As much as this is a fanatic’s board and the focus is the sports and the money, there is obviously waaaay more that goes into it.
I agree. Comparing Pullman vs Bozeman for family life is a no-brainer. I've spent good time in both and would never consider raising a family in Pullman.


"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

mslacat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6076
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 am
Contact:

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by mslacat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 am

Okay, let's talk about this calmly before flaming me. If the reports are accurate and Logie was indeed offered the Washington State job, it took me by surprise. From the perspective of someone assessing potential hires from a pure employer perspective, especially a (former) Pac-10 head coach, I'm not sure I would have made the same decision. Don’t misunderstand me; as a Bobcat fan, I'm thrilled to have Logie continue as our coach for the foreseeable future, be it for one more year or five. However, if I were the WSU AD, I might hesitate to take such a risk with someone who only has one year of experience at the D-1 Level. While Logie boasts an impressive win-loss record, the majority of it comes from non-D1 programs. Although his team made it to the NCAA tournament at MSU this year, their overall record was just below 50%. The WSU AD took a bold step, one that not many ADs would have dared to take. Clearly, the WSU AD must have seen the same potential in Logie that Costello saw last year, and what we have witnessed: that Logie is simply a winner.

If Logie was indeed offered the job, I'm even more surprised he didn't accept it! The salary must have been close to ten times what he's making at MSU. Additionally, Logie is a Washington native, with deep ties to the state. He grew up there, his family resides there, and his father was a highly respected coach in Washington. It would have been the perfect "coming back home to coach where I grew up" narrative. I'm curious to know the real story behind Logie's decision to stay at Montana State. However, it's likely we'll only get the standard Coach/AD statement, which I can accept, especially knowing that Logie is staying.

By the way, hear the banging noise coming from Missoula as a frustrated Travis Decuire, bangs his head on his desk after the past couple of years? Watching the last two Montana State coaches being considered the hot, up-and-coming coaches in the Big Sky, and being provided with multiple opportunities to move up the coaching ladder while he remains stuck at UM! Decuire undoubtedly desires to climb the coaching ladder, but he seems to be caught in mediocrity.



User avatar
luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5522
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:02 am

mslacat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 am
Okay, let's talk about this calmly before flaming me. If the reports are accurate and Logie was indeed offered the Washington State job, it took me by surprise. From the perspective of someone assessing potential hires from a pure employer perspective, especially a (former) Pac-10 head coach, I'm not sure I would have made the same decision. Don’t misunderstand me; as a Bobcat fan, I'm thrilled to have Logie continue as our coach for the foreseeable future, be it for one more year or five. However, if I were the WSU AD, I might hesitate to take such a risk with someone who only has one year of experience at the D-1 Level. While Logie boasts an impressive win-loss record, the majority of it comes from non-D1 programs. Although his team made it to the NCAA tournament at MSU this year, their overall record was just below 50%. The WSU AD took a bold step, one that not many ADs would have dared to take. Clearly, the WSU AD must have seen the same potential in Logie that Costello saw last year, and what we have witnessed: that Logie is simply a winner.

If Logie was indeed offered the job, I'm even more surprised he didn't accept it! The salary must have been close to ten times what he's making at MSU. Additionally, Logie is a Washington native, with deep ties to the state. He grew up there, his family resides there, and his father was a highly respected coach in Washington. It would have been the perfect "coming back home to coach where I grew up" narrative. I'm curious to know the real story behind Logie's decision to stay at Montana State. However, it's likely we'll only get the standard Coach/AD statement, which I can accept, especially knowing that Logie is staying.

By the way, hear the banging noise coming from Missoula as a frustrated Travis Decuire, bangs his head on his desk after the past couple of years? Watching the last two Montana State coaches being considered the hot, up-and-coming coaches in the Big Sky, and being provided with multiple opportunities to move up the coaching ladder while he remains stuck at UM! Decuire undoubtedly desires to climb the coaching ladder, but he seems to be caught in mediocrity.
I think one possibility is Wazzu thought they could get Logie on a value hire, I think I saw something like they offered 400k/yr. I don't think it was a hard decision to offer him something comparable making it a easy decision for him. Like someone else said, they do what do and coug it. This is also part the reason ticket prices for everything are about to skyrocket.



MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7621
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by MSU01 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:05 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:02 am
mslacat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 am
Okay, let's talk about this calmly before flaming me. If the reports are accurate and Logie was indeed offered the Washington State job, it took me by surprise. From the perspective of someone assessing potential hires from a pure employer perspective, especially a (former) Pac-10 head coach, I'm not sure I would have made the same decision. Don’t misunderstand me; as a Bobcat fan, I'm thrilled to have Logie continue as our coach for the foreseeable future, be it for one more year or five. However, if I were the WSU AD, I might hesitate to take such a risk with someone who only has one year of experience at the D-1 Level. While Logie boasts an impressive win-loss record, the majority of it comes from non-D1 programs. Although his team made it to the NCAA tournament at MSU this year, their overall record was just below 50%. The WSU AD took a bold step, one that not many ADs would have dared to take. Clearly, the WSU AD must have seen the same potential in Logie that Costello saw last year, and what we have witnessed: that Logie is simply a winner.

If Logie was indeed offered the job, I'm even more surprised he didn't accept it! The salary must have been close to ten times what he's making at MSU. Additionally, Logie is a Washington native, with deep ties to the state. He grew up there, his family resides there, and his father was a highly respected coach in Washington. It would have been the perfect "coming back home to coach where I grew up" narrative. I'm curious to know the real story behind Logie's decision to stay at Montana State. However, it's likely we'll only get the standard Coach/AD statement, which I can accept, especially knowing that Logie is staying.

By the way, hear the banging noise coming from Missoula as a frustrated Travis Decuire, bangs his head on his desk after the past couple of years? Watching the last two Montana State coaches being considered the hot, up-and-coming coaches in the Big Sky, and being provided with multiple opportunities to move up the coaching ladder while he remains stuck at UM! Decuire undoubtedly desires to climb the coaching ladder, but he seems to be caught in mediocrity.
I think one possibility is Wazzu thought they could get Logie on a value hire, I think I saw something like they offered 400k/yr. I don't think it was a hard decision to offer him something comparable making it a easy decision for him. Like someone else said, they do what do and coug it. This is also part the reason ticket prices for everything are about to skyrocket.
Yeah, my guess would be that the gap between what WSU offered and MSU's extension offer was not nearly as big as we might think it was based on what WSU's former coach was making in the Pac 12. It'll be interesting to see how big of a raise Logie got to stay - good for him if he was able to use the WSU offer to leverage a better deal at MSU.



User avatar
thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:06 am

Good post mslacat.

Having lived in both Western and Eastern Washington, they are two entirely different worlds. Matt is a Western Washington guy and I doubt he considers Pullman to be Washington.


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3644
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Kalispell, MT

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:09 am

mslacat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 am
Okay, let's talk about this calmly before flaming me. If the reports are accurate and Logie was indeed offered the Washington State job, it took me by surprise. From the perspective of someone assessing potential hires from a pure employer perspective, especially a (former) Pac-10 head coach, I'm not sure I would have made the same decision. Don’t misunderstand me; as a Bobcat fan, I'm thrilled to have Logie continue as our coach for the foreseeable future, be it for one more year or five. However, if I were the WSU AD, I might hesitate to take such a risk with someone who only has one year of experience at the D-1 Level. While Logie boasts an impressive win-loss record, the majority of it comes from non-D1 programs. Although his team made it to the NCAA tournament at MSU this year, their overall record was just below 50%. The WSU AD took a bold step, one that not many ADs would have dared to take. Clearly, the WSU AD must have seen the same potential in Logie that Costello saw last year, and what we have witnessed: that Logie is simply a winner.

If Logie was indeed offered the job, I'm even more surprised he didn't accept it! The salary must have been close to ten times what he's making at MSU. Additionally, Logie is a Washington native, with deep ties to the state. He grew up there, his family resides there, and his father was a highly respected coach in Washington. It would have been the perfect "coming back home to coach where I grew up" narrative. I'm curious to know the real story behind Logie's decision to stay at Montana State. However, it's likely we'll only get the standard Coach/AD statement, which I can accept, especially knowing that Logie is staying.

By the way, hear the banging noise coming from Missoula as a frustrated Travis Decuire, bangs his head on his desk after the past couple of years? Watching the last two Montana State coaches being considered the hot, up-and-coming coaches in the Big Sky, and being provided with multiple opportunities to move up the coaching ladder while he remains stuck at UM! Decuire undoubtedly desires to climb the coaching ladder, but he seems to be caught in mediocrity.
I get the impression this was their year to be "back". Decuire said they took a step back during Covid because of how they had to recruit, and I believe that. But with all the seniors they had this year, he needed to do something with that group besides get them to the second or third day of the CBI. This was their best season since 18-19 and they just went 12-6 in a conference where everybody was capable of beating everybody. He's 53 years old now. Schools are looking to the BSC for young up-and-comers, maybe not guys with 10-12 years left before retirement. But it seems like UM in the last dozen or so years in a lot of sports has been able to get solid coaches who can win, but who aren't good enough to get poached. I don't know if it's intentional, but maybe that continuity is better than getting great coaches who win and move on. I don't know.

I'm also surprised he didn't accept the WSU offer. But I wonder what the offer actually was. Maybe they were trying to get him for a bargain. Maybe WSU is afraid of spending much money because they don't know what the future holds. Or maybe Logie doesn't know what the future looks like for WSU, which I think is very fair. Or maybe he doesn't want to take every little step up--maybe he wants to take big steps if he's going to take any. Or maybe he and his family just don't want to move this soon. I have to think it's some combination of any or all of these.


Image

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 am

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:37 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:09 am

Maybe WSU is afraid of spending much money because they don't know what the future holds. Or maybe Logie doesn't know what the future looks like for WSU, which I think is very fair. Or maybe he doesn't want to take every little step up--maybe he wants to take big steps if he's going to take any. Or maybe he and his family just don't want to move this soon. I have to think it's some combination of any or all of these.
Does WSU even have a AD right now? Didn't UW poach their AD?

I think it was:
1. the offer wasn't as much of as raise as to make it an offer he couldn't refuse. Leon stepped up and made it even less lucrative.
2. he isn't even to the 1 year anniversary of moving his family across the country so doing it again is tough.
3. the uncertainty of WSU's future AND being hired before the AD (his future boss) is a lot to swallow. Might not be a good fit.
4. Bozeman > Pullman


A very VERY small part of me feels bad for WSU. I see the UW fans cackling and I remember a time when it seemed MSU was mired in losing and mismanagement and the other team was having success everywhere. But not bad enough to give em our coach.


Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

User avatar
coloradocat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4859
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by coloradocat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:47 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:06 am
Good post mslacat.

Having lived in both Western and Eastern Washington, they are two entirely different worlds. Matt is a Western Washington guy and I doubt he considers Pullman to be Washington.
That's what I was thinking. The western side doesn't likely doesn't consider the eastern side the same state. When I lived in Spokane I remember guys that were from the I-5 corridor that talked like that while they lived in Spokane.


Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3534
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:33 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:31 am
Respect to Coach Logie, I thought he was gone. Very excited about what next year looks like for the Cats. Some good reads on the Wazzu forums... they're livid with their AD right being outbid by a Big Sky team.

Thanks for staying Coach.
I think they couldn’t outbid his family with kids. I suspect that they’ve settled well into Bozeman and wanted to stay. It’s not always about the money. And really, what does the PAC-2 have to offer right now? I’m as sorry as anyone to see the conference break up, but it’s done, and until the smoke clears trying to recruit a happy coach and family away may be very difficult for them.



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6725
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Logie on Wazzu potential candidate list

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:39 pm

Washington State is in turmoil with the Pac 12 to Pac 2 saga still creating multiple challenges. They have serious financial issues and no AD (Leon would be nuts to take that job). Logie might have been offered a 1 year deal allowing the incoming AD to make his own decisions after year 1. I just don’t see him staying at MSU as much of a surprise with all the uncertainties at WSU.



Post Reply