Brawl 3.0: MSU vs that other team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatidoc
New Recruit

Re: Brawl 3.0: MSU vs that other team

Post by bobcatidoc » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:52 am

This team lost to Rocky!?! What a turnaround. Such a gratifying team to watch, never a question who’s going to be diving for that loose ball. Hats off to a coach who can recognize the need for change and totally shake up his rotations late in the season to give other guys a chance to shine.

MinnesotaBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinnesotaBobcat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:52 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:30 am
technoCat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:24 am
MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:03 am
Talk about a special run for the Bobcats. You could definitely tell who had been there before. When winning time came the Cats took the game over and the grizzlies imploded. Thanks to all the coaches and players for an Amazing season!!
I turned to my brother with about 4 minutes left and said "is it just me or do the Griz look like they've already given up?"
Yeah, they just went ice cold at the worst possible time. Tenacious Bobcat defense had quite a bit to do with it, but still...

Anyone else find it a very odd game to watch? Just seemed frenetic and helter skelter most of the time, yet it was very much a half court, grinder type of a game.
It was helter skelter…..but both teams played 3-consecutive nights and I think the shooting legs on both teams were tired. Both teams knocked down a bunch of threes in the prior games, but struggled tonight.

I also think the Cats had found themselves in some tight spots earlier in the tournament and the Grizzlies weren’t really tested prior to tonight, and I think that helped.

Catprint
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Catprint » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:58 am

This time and their run is special. It is the one I will take to my grave after watching the Cats for almost 60 years. Totally unexpected and yet a perfect fit with who they are in the last few weeks. Logie is not only a masterful coach but he has a heart for people and realizes almost all of these kids are going to get a real job when they graduate.

But after watching Xavier and Darius the last two years in the tournament, I didn’t think I could see better guard play both offensively and defensively in the tournament. I stand corrected. RF3’s performance was off the charts. He was leading scorer, rebounder, assists and steals in this game. He simply willed the Cats the victory three straight times. Nothing comparable in the last 20-30 years. Offense, defense, leadership, effort— the most complete player I have seen. Chronicle had a story about his life and it is almost heartbreaking, yet he has provided a model for others on and off the court. Maybe one more victory in Dayton? Seems possible. Go Cats!

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:03 am

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:08 am

Catprint wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:58 am
This time and their run is special. It is the one I will take to my grave after watching the Cats for almost 60 years. Totally unexpected and yet a perfect fit with who they are in the last few weeks. Logie is not only a masterful coach but he has a heart for people and realizes almost all of these kids are going to get a real job when they graduate.

But after watching Xavier and Darius the last two years in the tournament, I didn’t think I could see better guard play both offensively and defensively in the tournament. I stand corrected. RF3’s performance was off the charts. He was leading scorer, rebounder, assists and steals in this game. He simply willed the Cats the victory three straight times. Nothing comparable in the last 20-30 years. Offense, defense, leadership, effort— the most complete player I have seen. Chronicle had a story about his life and it is almost heartbreaking, yet he has provided a model for others on and off the court. Maybe one more victory in Dayton? Seems possible. Go Cats!
Agree RF3 had the best guard performance I can remember. Ever! In spite of the fact that I’m sure he hurts in places he didn’t even know he had. Also would love to read his life story. Can you post a link? THE CATS ARE GOING DANCING!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

MinnesotaBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinnesotaBobcat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:13 am

Why are so many people assuming we are getting a first-four game? Most years the Big Sky gets the 14 seed, and rare instances gets the 15 seed. ESPN already has us in at 15, and I would think that’s our worst case scenario.

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:13 am

"after a call we didn't catch".... so much for impartiality.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:15 am

MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:13 am
Why are so many people assuming we are getting a first-four game? Most years the Big Sky gets the 14 seed, and rare instances gets the 15 seed. ESPN already has us in at 15, and I would think that’s our worst case scenario.
ESPN just replaced MSU in the spot in the bracket UM was in. They'll change it tomorrow, no way MSU is anything but a 16 seed.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:15 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:08 am
Catprint wrote:

Agree RF3 had the best guard performance I can remember. Ever! In spite of the fact that I’m sure he hurts in places he didn’t even know he had. Also would love to read his life story. Can you post a link? THE CATS ARE GOING DANCING!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/406mtsport ... f.amp.html

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:15 am

MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Probably the assumption is based off overall record and not how the team finished the year. I think at best MSU gets a 16 and at worst has to do the play in. Here is to hoping I'm wrong!

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:30 am

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:15 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:08 am
Catprint wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/406mtsport ... f.amp.html
Great story! Really really happy for a guy like that to have a finish to his career like this. Thanks for posting the link!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:47 am

Lunardi has the Cats as a 15-seed, which avoids the First Four. I don’t see it, but I’d be pleasantly surprised.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:48 am

bob12 wrote:

"after a call we didn't catch".... so much for impartiality.
That's not what he meant. He meant he didn't hear what call was announced after the review. Good grief.

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:51 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:22 pm
Griz by 10, pretty easily. win the BSC for the second time in the same school year and the crush the spirit of the cats in the same swing of the bat. Glorious.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:56 am

What a great run! This team has unbelievable heart and RF3 had an all time great season.

Our bench, led by Sam L and the emergence of big John, were difference makers.

A couple key stats from the game.
Our bench outscored their bench 19-0.
We won the turnover battle 15-3.

Lastly, great job to coach Logie and staff. They got this team peaking at the right time.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:07 am

Watching the replay of the game this morning and it's even more striking how dominant MSU was in the second half after the Griz got up by double digits briefly. Three turnovers in a conference championship is insane, a 41-9 run is even more so. Let's sign Logie to a lifetime contract right now please.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:15 am

PapaG wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:47 am
Lunardi has the Cats as a 15-seed, which avoids the First Four. I don’t see it, but I’d be pleasantly surprised.
All they did was swap MSU into the spot UM had previously occupied. An updated projection should be out this morning sometime but as of now MSU is 100% one of the "First Four" 16 seeds. Wagner, who won their tournament as the #6 seed, is the only team rated lower than MSU that has won an automatic bid so far. We would need a couple more sub-.500 teams to win their tournaments to potentially move up to a 16 seed outside the First Four.

The updated CBS bracket projection is out and has MSU playing Norfolk State in Dayton.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/

TCcat 84
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by TCcat 84 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:25 am

Goes the ASS KICKING count in the Brawl of the Wild points?

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:30 am

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:15 am
PapaG wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:47 am
All they did was swap MSU into the spot UM had previously occupied. An updated projection should be out this morning sometime but as of now MSU is 100% one of the "First Four" 16 seeds. Wagner, who won their tournament as the #6 seed, is the only team rated lower than MSU that has won an automatic bid so far. We would need a couple more sub-.500 teams to win their tournaments to potentially move up to a 16 seed outside the First Four.

The updated CBS bracket projection is out and has MSU playing Norfolk State in Dayton.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/
I personally don’t think a first four game is a bad thing, a chance to beat another 16 seed and claim an NCAA tournament win

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:34 am

rfischer94 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:03 am
Yes! 😂

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie