Indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Indoor facility

Post by Common Cat » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:27 pm

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's what she said. It's doesn't take money to be on the Bobcat Booster Board. It does take effort, to bring in the most cash. Try it sometime, chief. Happy Caturday.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:02 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:47 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's what she said. It's doesn't take money to be on the Bobcat Booster Board. It does take effort, to bring in the most cash. Try it sometime, chief. Happy Caturday.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Your a piece of work. You get credit for trying to raise money, I don’t get credit for giving money. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sign of a true narcissist!

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:56 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:02 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:47 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Your a piece of work. You get credit for trying to raise money, I don’t get credit for giving money. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sign of a true narcissist!
100%. Thank You, for being a good fan and booster. GO CATS!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:50 am

I know, off topic. It's been a few months since I last posted images of the fitness center. Took a few pics yesterday before the game. Finally starting to look weather tight.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

60's Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 60's Cat » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:50 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:10 pm
thefrank1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:02 pm
Looks great!

My only disappointment is it doesn't include handrails for the eastside grandstands.
No kidding! I haven't fallen this year, but that's because it hasn't snowed yet. :evil:
My seats are on the aisle between sections 111 and 112. At the NAU game an older gentleman was walking up the stairs eating nachos. A lady carrying an infant was coming down. She stopped but the other man was unaware. Suddenly he noticed her and he startled, stumbled, and fell over backwards, hitting his head on the end of the aluminum bench. He was unconscious and bleeding from the head. A couple of nurses ran to assist, the police came, and finally the EMTs. He came to and the medical personnel bandaged his head and advised he go to the emergency room for concussion protocol. About 10 people were unable to sit in their seats while he was being attended to. Probably thirty minutes or so. No snow, no ice. Just a dangerous situation that could have been prevented with hand rails.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:59 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:50 am
I know, off topic. It's been a few months since I last posted images of the fitness center. Took a few pics yesterday before the game. Finally starting to look weather tight.

IMPRESSIVE...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:02 pm

60's Cat wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:50 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:
Looks great!

My only disappointment is it doesn't include handrails for the eastside grandstands.
No kidding! I haven't fallen this year, but that's because it hasn't snowed yet. :evil:
My seats are on the aisle between sections 111 and 112. At the NAU game an older gentleman was walking up the stairs eating nachos. A lady carrying an infant was coming down. She stopped but the other man was unaware. Suddenly he noticed her and he startled, stumbled, and fell over backwards, hitting his head on the end of the aluminum bench. He was unconscious and bleeding from the head. A couple of nurses ran to assist, the police came, and finally the EMTs. He came to and the medical personnel bandaged his head and advised he go to the emergency room for concussion protocol. About 10 people were unable to sit in their seats while he was being attended to. Probably thirty minutes or so. No snow, no ice. Just a dangerous situation that could have been prevented with hand rails.
Since my stroke 4 years ago my balance could be better, so for me handrails would be nice. But then we might only make one game every couple of years.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:56 pm

60's Cat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:
Looks great!

How would a hand rail have helped. Sounds like caused by him not paying attention

Sports is not bigger than life

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:17 pm

From my understanding, the handrails can't be put in on the East side due to the existing width of the stairs. Per code.

I think they would need to completely redo the bleachers to add them, and at that point, you might as well redo the entire thing.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:20 am

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:56 pm
60's Cat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:
Looks great!

How would a hand rail have helped. Sounds like caused by him not paying attention
Hard to grab handrails when you're eating nachos while walking up stairs.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:38 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:17 pm
From my understanding, the handrails can't be put in on the East side due to the existing width of the stairs. Per code.

I think they would need to completely redo the bleachers to add them, and at that point, you might as well redo the entire thing.
I’d like to see that code and ask why they can’t get an exception.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:42 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:38 am
CatBlitz wrote:

Not saying that code doesn’t exist, but it seems like a silly one if it does.
So basically it’s saying “if you can’t meet code 100%, then don’t do it all, who cares if handrails would make it 50% safer, if you can’t make it 100% safer, don’t bother doing anything.”

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:43 am

So…. About that indoor facility.

When do we expect an announcement? What are the next steps?

Start construction in the spring and have it ready by playoffs?
Is that a reasonable timeframe?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:26 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:43 am
So…. About that indoor facility.

When do we expect an announcement? What are the next steps?

Start construction in the spring and have it ready by playoffs?
Is that a reasonable timeframe?
That’s the last plan I heard but the Cats have had different timelines in the past that never came to fruition. Fingers crossed but that timeline seems to be probable.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:33 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:42 am
AFCAT wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

So basically it’s saying “if you can’t meet code 100%, then don’t do it all, who cares if handrails would make it 50% safer, if you can’t make it 100% safer, don’t bother doing anything.”
That’s what I’m thinking too. Carroll College managed to put handrails up on the same type of grandstand. Of course, the code might have changed or is different in Helena but the addition of handrails doesn’t look like it made it more unsafe. I’m no builder or code expert though.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:47 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:33 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:42 am
AFCAT wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

That’s what I’m thinking too. Carroll College managed to put handrails up on the same type of grandstand. Of course, the code might have changed or is different in Helena but the addition of handrails doesn’t look like it made it more unsafe. I’m no builder or code expert though.
I was in residential construction for 30 years. Building codes can be strange beasts that don't always make sense (at least to me). With that said, not likely the code is different in Helena than Bozeman, but possible the code has changed since Carroll did their bleachers and now.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:52 pm

If UM continues to have problems with construction of their indoor bubble, it would be really entertaining if we got our permanent structure built before theirs

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:27 pm

Well, this is interesting.

Link to donate.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1584/fo ... RE_1112%5D

PRESS RELEASE:

BOZEMAN – Montana State University’s Bobcat Athletics program moved a step closer to having a new indoor practice facility this week when the Board of Regents gave approval to the project.

The project is $3 million away from its $25 million fundraising goal and will be funded entirely with private dollars.

“I want to thank our donors for getting us to this point. Projects like these don’t happen without tremendous support, and we certainly have that at MSU. Now is the time to cross the finish line and reach our fundraising goal,” said Leon Costello, MSU director of athletics. “We need everyone in Bobcat nation who is interested in contributing to this impactful project to help us get there.”

On Friday, the Montana Board of Regents voted unanimously to allow MSU to proceed with the project.

The new, 120,000-square-foot facility would be a dramatic improvement for Bobcat student-athletes, in both the quality of their training and their safety, Costello said.

“It is essential for our student-athletes who compete and train outdoors to have space 365 days a year. We have expectations of deep FCS playoff runs and need training space for indoor track season and spring football practice, all of which occur during winter weather months,” Costello said. “Our student-athletes are training around the clock and competing against the best nationally. We need training facilities to support their continued success, regardless of the climate.”

The new facility will have 100 yards of turf for football practices, a 300-meter indoor track and areas for field events such as throws and jumps, providing MSU’s student-athletes a safe and protected place to train during periods of harsh weather.

“Our student-athletes give us their all when they play for Montana State, and we know that Bobcat nation wants them to practice safely and in a facility that can help them perform at their best,” said MSU President Waded Cruzado. “The private support we’ve had from Bobcats thus far has been incredible. I know they can help take us across the finish line for the benefit of all our student-athletes.”

The proposed site for the new facility is south of Bobcat Stadium and west of the Bobcat track and field complex along South 11th Avenue. The planned design is a steel-framed building that will be fully insulated, climate-controlled and energy-efficient. Pending material availability, construction is expected to be complete toward the end of 2024.

In addition to the primary use by Bobcat football and track and field teams, both of which practice primarily outdoors, the facility will be open to all MSU student-athletes, as well as plans to include access for campus and community groups.

The new facility is the next step in MSU’s larger Athletic Facilities Master Plan, which was developed in 2017 and also included the construction of the Bobcat Athletic Complex at the north end of Bobcat Stadium. The BAC, which opened in the fall of 2021, includes spaces for student services, strength and conditioning and athletic training, as well as a clinic made possible through a partnership with Bozeman Health.

The new indoor practice facility will be focused on excellence in performance, Costello said. Crucially, it will provide the only indoor facility at MSU where the entire Bobcat football team can practice at the same time.

“This facility is all about training and getting physical work done,” Costello said.

Having a new indoor facility for the track team to practice and compete in will allow for more flexibility, as the indoor track and field season overlaps with those of men’s and women’s basketball – teams that also practice and compete in the Brick Breeden Fieldhouse. The Fieldhouse is also a sought-after venue for concerts and trade shows.

Those interested in making a gift to support the Bobcat Indoor Practice Facility can contact Karen Cantrell, associate athletic director for development, at karen.cantrell1@msubobcats.com.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:38 pm