this weeks smack topic for bearBAC?

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

What will bearBAC's next smack post be about?

It has been x years since MSU won 3 consecutive dome games.
20%
MSU outscored in second half by NAU-Bobcats have clearly peaked for the season.
30%
Doesn't like MSU's white on white road uniforms.
5%
3 MSU QB's played vs. NAU. Lulay sucks so much he got benched!
45%

Total votes: 20

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

this weeks smack topic for bearBAC?

Post by MSU01 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:15 pm

So, what's bearBAC's smack topic for this week?

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:55 am

I am guessing the smack board will be a little quiet for the next few days as the griz fans lick their wounds. Having to deal with a loss is bad enough for them (by the way - how is their road record this year) but coupled with a demolishing win like ours it may be more than they can take. 8)

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:07 am

WYCAT wrote:(by the way - how is their road record this year)
I'm sorry but I didn't realize the griz ever played on the road...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:53 am

Yeah, they do play on the road every now and then. But maybe, Baby Hauck is smarter than we think and that is why they schedule as few away from home as possible!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:27 pm

HelenaCat wrote:Yeah, they do play on the road every now and then. But maybe, Baby Hauck is smarter than we think and that is why they schedule as few away from home as possible!
With the way the Griz are always so confident that any game they play is a "home" game (at the EWU game, I saw a sign that side "Eastern-Washington Grizzly Stadium), you can't consider this loss a road loss. I like to think that they always lose at home.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:05 am

CelticCat wrote:
HelenaCat wrote:Yeah, they do play on the road every now and then. But maybe, Baby Hauck is smarter than we think and that is why they schedule as few away from home as possible!
With the way the Griz are always so confident that any game they play is a "home" game (at the EWU game, I saw a sign that side "Eastern-Washington Grizzly Stadium), you can't consider this loss a road loss. I like to think that they always lose at home.
That sign has been at the Eastern games since the dawn of time. The reason being is that the Griz ALWAYS out draw the Eastern fans in their own stadium, therefore wherever we play Eastern whether it's at Joe Albi or Woodward we call it Eastern-Washington Grizzly Stadium. Why do you think they wanted the Griz at Woodward this year? So we would stop brining 11,000 fans! Heck that's often as much or more than you get for your home games....Of course they're confident, they have the best record in the Big Sky for the past 10 years.

FTC

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:17 am

we would stop brining 11,000 fans! Heck that's often as much or more than you get for your home games
Is that um math? Since when is 11,000>12,500?

It's ok though, I am sure that you can count to THREE. If not, we will teach you on November 20, at WA-Bobcat Stadium. :wink:

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:29 am

Nick wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
That sign has been at the Eastern games since the dawn of time. The reason being is that the Griz ALWAYS out draw the Eastern fans in their own stadium, therefore wherever we play Eastern whether it's at Joe Albi or Woodward we call it Eastern-Washington Grizzly Stadium. Why do you think they wanted the Griz at Woodward this year? So we would stop brining 11,000 fans! Heck that's often as much or more than you get for your home games....Of course they're confident, they have the best record in the Big Sky for the past 10 years.
That entire post appears to be a perfect example of what happens when one believes everything they read on eGriz.

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:25 pm

I said as AS MUCH or over what you usually get for your home games, atleast according to last season. Isn't your average for this season somewhere around 11 or 12,000?

I was at that game in Spokane in 2002, we had 11,000 Griz fans in the house, and around 6 or 7,000 Eastern fans.......I don't need to read posts on EGriz to know that.

UM math? Considering I'm a senior in high school, you better start passing those mill levies.... :wink:

FTC

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:35 pm

Now Nick, go back and re-read your post. Are you certain that everything you posted was completely accurate? Are you SURE that none of that was hyperbole, possibly influenced by having too many like-minded people repeating semi-urban myths year after year?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:50 am

bearBAC wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:Now Nick, go back and re-read your post. Are you certain that everything you posted was completely accurate? Are you SURE that none of that was hyperbole, possibly influenced by having too many like-minded people repeating semi-urban myths year after year?

Glad to see you guys missed me so much :D :lol: :D :lol:

Ya Nick, bAc knows hyperbole when he sees it! Check out his post on Egriz - they're full of it. When was the last time the kittens won the conferance uncontested? Most, on this board will try to tell you it was last year and the year before. The kittens are consistantly trying to claim credit for feats unachieved. :wink:
Define hyperbole for us, then cite one example of me using it on egriz. Take your time.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:54 am

hey moron (aka bearbac)

If Kramer had taken over your program (like your AD wanted at the last second), his winning percentage would probably be 100% working on his 3rd straight NC appearance.

If booby caulk had taken over the Cats 5 years ago, we'd probably still be looking for our first winning season.

A trained monkey (aka bearbac) could coach the griz program to a 75% winning rate the way Don Read and Denny Washington built it...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:33 pm

bearBAC wrote:By the way, as long as you're all patting yourselves on the back, for all the returning all confrence players you have for next year. Remind yourselves that it was a bunch of Freshman and Sophmore Griz that kicked their a$$e$ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If you had any brains at all (and I think it has been well-established that you clearly don't), you would know that it was the great senior class the griz had that beat us, the young'uns just filled in the spots. Well, excepting Lex Hilliard. Still, I'll put it this simply: No Craig Ochs = no win.

GO CATS GO!!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:42 pm

I think the Griz will be able to find a solid QB to replace Ochs. I wish I had your faith that Ochs was the glue of the Griz team, but that isn't true anymore with the emergance of Lex. You don't have to have a top-notch QB to win if you have a superb running game.

If anything, no Lulay = no win. I mean seriously, how scared were you when he went down against Weber?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:55 pm

I agree that no Lulay = no win, but I think you are underestimating how good Ochs has been this year. Lex is very good, no doubt, but if teams weren't afraid of Ochs, they could load the box and stuff the run. Ochs is a tremendous field general, makes the right decision 98% of the time, and calls great audibles to correct the mistakes from his coaching staff. The griz will miss Craig more than anyone realizes.

GO CATS GO!!!