2023 - MBB Possible Incoming Transfer List

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2023 - MBB Possible Incoming Transfer List

Post by imacat » Thu May 18, 2023 1:16 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 2:43 am
Should be a National Anthem upgrade — the bio says Eddie is the son of Tina Turner. 😀 Welcome, Eddie. I have a feeling he’s going to be fun to watch.
“The Tina Turner” (singer), is 84.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu May 18, 2023 1:38 pm

Bringing in a lot of shooters (except for Turner). Clearly sees that as a weakness.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Thu May 18, 2023 1:50 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 1:38 pm
Bringing in a lot of shooters (except for Turner). Clearly sees that as a weakness.
Or it fits his offense and we did have to add a lot of faces.

Sports is not bigger than life

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu May 18, 2023 2:53 pm

For those in the know- out of all the incoming transfer portal guys, how would you rank them? Would any of them signing be considered a significant win?

Edit- not including Ford.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu May 18, 2023 3:34 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 2:53 pm
For those in the know- out of all the incoming transfer portal guys, how would you rank them? Would any of them signing be considered a significant win?

Not anywhere near the know but so far it appears a little underwhelming to me. But Logie was also one of the last D1 coaches to take the office so he got a pretty late start so I'm sure the portal isn't as flush as it was even just a month ago.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Thu May 18, 2023 5:34 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 3:34 pm
mslacatfan wrote:

Not anywhere near the know but so far it appears a little underwhelming to me. But Logie was also one of the last D1 coaches to take the office so he got a pretty late start so I'm sure the portal isn't as flush as it was even just a month ago.
True. I think if Sprinkle were still here you’d see more guys “moving down” to go to Bozeman rather than Logie bringing guys “up” from JuCo/D2 low D1 conferences. I’m under good authority to say that most all of the guys Sprink has signed at USU were had offers and were going to Bozeman before Utah St offered Danny a deal he couldn’t refuse.
Seems to me Logie cares much more about system fit and you can see the type of team he’s trying to build. I’d like to see him add a high schooler or 2 but at this point good unsigned players are few and far between. My guess is you see 4, maybe 5 high school guys in next years class and none this year.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu May 18, 2023 8:31 pm

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 5:34 pm
CelticCat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

True. I think if Sprinkle were still here you’d see more guys “moving down” to go to Bozeman rather than Logie bringing guys “up” from JuCo/D2 low D1 conferences. I’m under good authority to say that most all of the guys Sprink has signed at USU were had offers and were going to Bozeman before Utah St offered Danny a deal he couldn’t refuse.
Seems to me Logie cares much more about system fit and you can see the type of team he’s trying to build. I’d like to see him add a high schooler or 2 but at this point good unsigned players are few and far between. My guess is you see 4, maybe 5 high school guys in next years class and none this year.
To me, it looks like the MBB team will go from being one of the biggest, most physical, post oriented teams in the conference, to one of the smallest, least post oriented. Still a bit numb to it all, if I'm being honest...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri May 19, 2023 7:00 am

CelticCat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

It will be interesting to see the final product on the floor, but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who isn't very impressed with the incoming transfers. I get the fact that Logie was hired late in the recruiting process, but my biggest concern with him was the ability to recruit at this level. The guys he's bringing in looks like he's still recruiting at the D-2 level. Hope I am dead wrong and am eating a big plate of crow at the end of the season. But I'm not holding my breath....

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri May 19, 2023 7:04 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 7:00 am
CelticCat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

It will be interesting to see the final product on the floor, but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who isn't very impressed with the incoming transfers. I get the fact that Logie was hired late in the recruiting process, but my biggest concern with him was the ability to recruit at this level. The guys he's bringing in looks like he's still recruiting at the D-2 level. Hope I am dead wrong and am eating a big plate of crow at the end of the season. But I'm not holding my breath....

Kinda my thoughts as well…. Hate to say it, but these all seem pretty underwhelming…. Maybe I’m missing something though. Hope I’m wrong.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by homeytennis » Fri May 19, 2023 9:37 am

Before everyone jumps off a cliff, there are a lot of good guard wing types playing in D2 for the reason there are more people that size walking the planet than 6'11" guys. Northwest Nazarene (not a top tier D2 school) in the past couple of seasons beat Idaho and Portland State and gave a really good Wyoming team a scare in Laramie. On paper Logie's recruits do look underwhelming and I would say the Point Loma guard looks like the best player.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri May 19, 2023 10:24 am

homeytennis wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:37 am
Before everyone jumps off a cliff, there are a lot of good guard wing types playing in D2 for the reason there are more people that size walking the planet than 6'11" guys. Northwest Nazarene (not a top tier D2 school) in the past couple of seasons beat Idaho and Portland State and gave a really good Wyoming team a scare in Laramie. On paper Logie's recruits do look underwhelming and I would say the Point Loma guard looks like the best player.
I said this to some friends when Logie was hired, the top D2 teams can probably compete in the Big Sky a lot better than you'd think.

Besides there have been plenty of teams in the Big Sky with arguably the best talent who never won a title. Chemistry and playing as a team goes a long, long ways in D1 basketball, at least the lower level of it.

I'm not concerned yet but it's a big change from signing guys who were former 4 star top 100 type recruits. :lol:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri May 19, 2023 2:11 pm

This is a pretty good article on how Logie views this year’s recruiting

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... ted-bottom

And scheduling

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... fdbc1.html

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Fri May 19, 2023 5:59 pm

Our roster has 2 scholarship openings as of 5.19.23

Current Roster: PG-Jaqari Miles, PG-Eddie Turner III, SF-Jaden Geron, SG-Aiden Gair, CG-Robert Ford III, SG-Brian Goracke, SG-Tyler Patterson, PF-Sam Lecholat, P-Chika Nduka, SF-Patrick McMahon, PG-Jed Miller, and CG-Carter Ash.

Coaching Staff: Coach Matt Logie, Coach Sam Scholl, Coach Zach Payne, Coach Julius Smith, DOBO-Colin McGettigan

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu May 25, 2023 6:04 pm

Former MSU commit Kiree Huie has signed with...Idaho State. Kind of a bummer as he seems like exactly the type of player MSU could use to fill out the roster.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Thu May 25, 2023 6:31 pm

Must not play the style Matt wants.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by homeytennis » Thu May 25, 2023 6:50 pm

His JC coach followed him to Poky.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Tue May 30, 2023 7:21 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:03 pm
Nice article about Aiden

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 150e0.html

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue May 30, 2023 8:55 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:21 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:03 pm
Nice article about Aiden

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 150e0.html
Thanks for posting that! I missed it due to life's circumstances. I'm really looking forward to the type of basketball Coach Logie is bringing to MSU! Wonder if Domako would be so kind as to predict which one is going to be the reincarnation of Hampton. I kind of have an idea which one is going to be Ray but...

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:54 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 5:49 pm
More about Jaden. Welcome to Bobcat nation Jaden!
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 1cae4.html

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:53 pm