The official-Unofficial Bobcat-Oregon State gameday thread!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Re: The official-Unofficial Bobcat-Oregon State gameday thread!

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:27 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:54 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:27 pm
onceacat wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:43 pm
ragucat wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:31 pm
I don't think it is naive thinking the coach may know more than many of the pundits who only speculate. If the coach thought Elliot provided a better option by running the ball he would be running the ball.
I think pretty much everyone agrees with that.

Its just that the exact same coaches thought that Elliot was a serviceable backup last year. Every single fan who watched a Bobcat game last year thought Elliot was a serviceable backup.

But somewhere between January and September, Elliot has transformed into "too terrible to be trusted with the ball".

Thats pretty strange & I think people are curious as to why Elliot got so much worse at playing football in the last 9 months.
Elliot was used a lot less as the year went on last year.
Without looking at the infamous item known as "stats," and if memory serves correct, the last four games the Cats played last year there was a fourth string quarterback starting and until his significant injury, Mr. Ifanse was carrying the team. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Papa, STFU. Everyone here knows what kind of dipsy doodle air raid ****** offense you want to see and until the entire football culture at MSU changes, this school's football team is going to play smash mouth football. And yes, I'd rather abandon the RPO offense for the triple option or more diamond formations, but I'm not involved in any shape or form with the athletic department. I personally love watching ball control and great clock management on the part of the team and the coaching staff. I could give a rat's arse about all the stats except the scoreboard.

Also, to address why a certain player is not getting more reps: he's recovering from a lower leg injury. Besides, how many here actually thought the Cats could go to Oregon and beat OSU? Seriously. All those secondary issues are being corrected as I type my worthless two cents worth in a sports chat room.

Go back, as UTUCATS has done, and look at your stupid ass posts. Then, go back and listen to all of Coach Vigen's media statements. He said after the first game the kid is injured. We've got a Butte kid playing quarterback again! How many other AA kids would even be out on the field after the injury he had in the National Championship game? None. We're going to replicate NDSU whether all you air raid dipsy doodle ****** football fans like it or not. That's why Coach Vigen is here.

*Edit: Of special consideration when you take the time to review and reflect upon what you posted earlier, take a gander as to which units you had concerns about and what all you Sunday Morning Armchair Quarterbacks proclaimed were the strengths and what your main concerns were going into this season. Pay close attention to what the thoughts were by virtually all of you concerning the OL and some, the DL. WHAT DID ALL YOU SAY WAS THE STRENGTH?
I strongly suggest you take a deep breath, relax and probably take a break from this board. Learn to not take things so personally and lash out at anyone that doesn't agree with you. Half the time we can't even understand you let alone agree with you.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:37 pm

kmax wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:27 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ragucat wrote:
I don't think it is naive thinking the coach may know more than many of the pundits who only speculate. If the coach thought Elliot provided a better option by running the ball he would be running the ball.

Its just that the exact same coaches thought that Elliot was a serviceable backup last year. Every single fan who watched a Bobcat game last year thought Elliot was a serviceable backup.

But somewhere between January and September, Elliot has transformed into "too terrible to be trusted with the ball".

Thats pretty strange & I think people are curious as to why Elliot got so much worse at playing football in the last 9 months.
Without looking at the infamous item known as "stats," and if memory serves correct, the last four games the Cats played last year there was a fourth string quarterback starting and until his significant injury, Mr. Ifanse was carrying the team. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Papa, STFU. Everyone here knows what kind of dipsy doodle air raid ****** offense you want to see and until the entire football culture at MSU changes, this school's football team is going to play smash mouth football. And yes, I'd rather abandon the RPO offense for the triple option or more diamond formations, but I'm not involved in any shape or form with the athletic department. I personally love watching ball control and great clock management on the part of the team and the coaching staff. I could give a rat's arse about all the stats except the scoreboard.

Also, to address why a certain player is not getting more reps: he's recovering from a lower leg injury. Besides, how many here actually thought the Cats could go to Oregon and beat OSU? Seriously. All those secondary issues are being corrected as I type my worthless two cents worth in a sports chat room.

Go back, as UTUCATS has done, and look at your stupid ass posts. Then, go back and listen to all of Coach Vigen's media statements. He said after the first game the kid is injured. We've got a Butte kid playing quarterback again! How many other AA kids would even be out on the field after the injury he had in the National Championship game? None. We're going to replicate NDSU whether all you air raid dipsy doodle ****** football fans like it or not. That's why Coach Vigen is here.

*Edit: Of special consideration when you take the time to review and reflect upon what you posted earlier, take a gander as to which units you had concerns about and what all you Sunday Morning Armchair Quarterbacks proclaimed were the strengths and what your main concerns were going into this season. Pay close attention to what the thoughts were by virtually all of you concerning the OL and some, the DL. WHAT DID ALL YOU SAY WAS THE STRENGTH?
I strongly suggest you take a deep breath, relax and probably take a break from this board. Learn to not take things so personally and lash out at anyone that doesn't agree with you. Half the time we can't even understand you let alone agree with you.
Yes Sir! And please don't put utucats in the smack section for reposting the ****** posts the regulars type in here. They're funny to look at after the fact.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:31 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:11 am
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:16 am
rivercat wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:55 pm
Why the Elliot fanboys? I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he should be getting carries. I assume the coaches know a helluva lot more than any on BN and they apparently don't think so.
:goodpost:
The thoughts in your heads.... no one has said they know more than the coaches. Lots of people are asking WHY. Understand?
And that's my point. If there was a reason the staff was comfortable with you knowing, you would know. Maybe he's protecting the kid somehow. Maybe they don't trust him but don't want to say it in public. Maybe maybe maybe who cares, he's not getting carries because Chambers mellott and the receivers are better choices. If it starts costing us games or injuries that is another story but it hasn't and likely won't. I won't argue it was good coaching to run Tommy at much as they did in the second half last week but more generally, he has to run a bunch to set up what he can do throwing. He's not beating anybody from the pocket at this point in his development.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:55 pm

For the “I don’t like getting lied to” crowd, what if Vigen said Ifanse wasn’t ready yet heading into Cat Griz, then he shows up and runs for two hundo, and we spank the Griz. Would that be ok? Lol

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:08 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:55 pm
For the “I don’t like getting lied to” crowd, what if Vigen said Ifanse wasn’t ready yet heading into Cat Griz, then he shows up and runs for two hundo, and we spank the Griz. Would that be ok? Lol
Or... and just spitballin here... let's say the staff knew Sunday that their best player would be out for cat griz, and didn't tell anyone all week, and then put a lopsided beat down on the griz without him. Hypothetically.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:32 am

kmax wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:27 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ragucat wrote:

If you understand him half the time, you're doing a heck of a lot better than me.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:39 am

I have a little rant bc I've seen a few posts on how the new DC isn't good, the scheme isnt good, the performance against OSU was unacceptable, etc.

The people who think that, do you think we did any better against NDSU? Because we did not. And that was with Banks, and a lot more defensive talent. Now I know NDSU "only" scored 38, but we couldn't stop them at all. They just play a different style of offense, but they easy could've hung 60 on us. We were just outmatched. Obviously that's simplifying things, but we didn't perform any worse against OSU than we did against NDSU.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:03 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:39 am
I have a little rant bc I've seen a few posts on how the new DC isn't good, the scheme isnt good, the performance against OSU was unacceptable, etc.

The people who think that, do you think we did any better against NDSU? Because we did not. And that was with Banks, and a lot more defensive talent. Now I know NDSU "only" scored 38, but we couldn't stop them at all. They just play a different style of offense, but they easy could've hung 60 on us. We were just outmatched. Obviously that's simplifying things, but we didn't perform any worse against OSU than we did against NDSU.
Good point. No fans know how good we are this year. Cats have a proven track record the past few years of getting stronger as the season goes on and peaking in December. I think that trend continues, hope I'm right.

Side note - the Griz seem to peak early the past couple years, hope that trend continues too. 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:23 am

Cat Grad wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ragucat wrote:

We've got a Butte kid playing quarterback again! How many other AA kids would even be out on the field after the injury he had in the National Championship game? None.
Today I learned: kids from Butte are the only tough football players.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

ThoughtUKnew14
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ThoughtUKnew14 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:32 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:23 am
Cat Grad wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ragucat wrote:

We've got a Butte kid playing quarterback again! How many other AA kids would even be out on the field after the injury he had in the National Championship game? None.
Today I learned: kids from Butte are the only tough football players.
Hahaaa…I’m relatively new to the forum but thats one of the first things that was taught to me 🤣 🤣🤣

MT Logger
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MT Logger » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:47 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:03 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Good point. No fans know how good we are this year. Cats have a proven track record the past few years of getting stronger as the season goes on and peaking in December. I think that trend continues, hope I'm right.

Side note - the Griz seem to peak early the past couple years, hope that trend continues too. 8)
I think the Cats should continue to get better as our defense figures it out and some more RBs become available. Offensive line should help ease that process. Being able to pick up positive yards on the ground even when the opponent expects it is huge. The griz ended last season dominating us and then EWU, who they lost to in the regular season so not sure how you can say they peaked early. They ran into a JMU team that was simply better, Griz had no viable QB and got whooped. To be fair, JMU was leading NDSU in Fargo in the 4th quarter of their playoff game last year. Just think NDSU and JMU were probably a notch above everyone else last year.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:58 pm

MT Logger wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:47 pm
catatac wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

I think the Cats should continue to get better as our defense figures it out and some more RBs become available. Offensive line should help ease that process. Being able to pick up positive yards on the ground even when the opponent expects it is huge. The griz ended last season dominating us and then EWU, who they lost to in the regular season so not sure how you can say they peaked early. They ran into a JMU team that was simply better, Griz had no viable QB and got whooped. To be fair, JMU was leading NDSU in Fargo in the 4th quarter of their playoff game last year. Just think NDSU and JMU were probably a notch above everyone else last year.
South Dakota ST beat the bison last year, and we beat them in the semi's by 14 points. They weren't THAT far ahead of us but yes the bison were the better team that day. Losing our star QB in the first 2 minutes, who led us on that whole cinderella run in the playoffs, didn't help the team psyche and the game would've been alot closer had that not happened.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:01 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
ragucat wrote:

OK dude. You’re basically an incoherent clown posting gibberish these days but do you.

I posted nothing wrong and don’t regret any of it. Good luck with that triple option. Maybe Barry Switzer can be the next coach.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:05 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:58 pm
MT Logger wrote:
catatac wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

South Dakota ST beat the bison last year, and we beat them in the semi's by 14 points. They weren't THAT far ahead of us but yes the bison were the better team that day. Losing our star QB in the first 2 minutes, who led us on that whole cinderella run in the playoffs, didn't help the team psyche and the game would've been alot closer had that not happened.
A lot closer? They ran at will against us. We might have scored a non garbage time TD, but the game wasn't going to be close.

thisnamesucks
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by thisnamesucks » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:00 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:05 pm
91catAlum wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
catatac wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

A lot closer? They ran at will against us. We might have scored a non garbage time TD, but the game wasn't going to be close.
The only thing having Tommy would’ve done would have been to make the game shorter and therefore closer

A few more sustained drives that maybe result in points but just less clock for NDSU to run all over us

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:17 am

thisnamesucks wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:00 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:05 pm
91catAlum wrote:
MT Logger wrote:
catatac wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

The only thing having Tommy would’ve done would have been to make the game shorter and therefore closer

A few more sustained drives that maybe result in points but just less clock for NDSU to run all over us
Or maybe with the game a bit closer, NDSU thinks they need to throw it a bit more and go into the strength of our defense. We generate a turnover or a couple sacks... and probably still lose but the point is losing Tommy made a difference.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:14 pm

Oregon State currently up 7-3 over USC at halftime.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:14 pm
7-3 after 3? I gotta say, I did not think they would hang with USC.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:55 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
USC must have a slightly better defense than the Cats. :lol:

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:55 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
They’re a lot better than your typical OSU team.