Thursday games - Cats vs EWU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Thursday games - Cats vs EWU

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:45 pm

Fricken Eastern! They lost their coach and pretty much every good player they had transferred out last year. So they somehow reload and have a top half team already.
That being said, we were way bigger than them on the inside. Belo should have had 30 points. Their number 20 never got more than 2 inches off the ground-yet he ate us up. I guess they're crafty.
Battle was huge for us tonight. He's getting better and better. I think we're barely starting to see his potential.
Bishop had a huge second half and had a nice string of threes to hold them off.
Hopefully Belo can figure them out for the next matchup. They should not slow him down as much as they did tonight.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:48 pm

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:56 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:00 pm
Great win for the men tonight. Ladies closing it out now too. Perfect night.
Yep! That men's game... crazy start. EWU goes up 10 to 1 to start and I'm like... geez guys wake up. They they wake up and go on a 19-0 run and all of a sudden it's 20 to 10, lol. Should have been like 26 to 10 as we had a couple threes rattle out. Then EWU storms back before half an ties it up. Was a pretty good competitive game after that. Go Cats!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:34 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:24 pm
I feel they are not going to call a foul in this game unless blood is drawn... really odd.
Belo was certainly bleeding when he went to the foul line in the second half, so good call by you.

One of the officials used to do a lot of MSU games, but I don’t remember seeing him lately and sort of assumed he’d retired. Was this a backup crew, perhaps pressed into action by Covid?

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:37 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:34 pm
msu_agfan wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:24 pm
I feel they are not going to call a foul in this game unless blood is drawn... really odd.
Belo was certainly bleeding when he went to the foul line in the second half, so good call by you.

One of the officials used to do a lot of MSU games, but I don’t remember seeing him lately and sort of assumed he’d retired. Was this a backup crew, perhaps pressed into action by Covid?

:lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:45 am

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:23 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:41 pm
thefrank1 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:34 pm
Great student attendance and high energy from them tonight. Nice win too! Battle is settling in very nicely.
What? When the hell did you start going to Cat B Ball game? Our crowd sucks. I love Danny and he has the boys playing well. But, the sorry ass turn out at the Brick, is a joke. It's sad.
While I would still like to see many more students (it seems like we should easily get 1000 students out of 17,000 to each game), I agree with frank1 that the number of students and their energy last night was by far the best I have seen all year. I hope they all had fun and, bring a friend to the next game!

DwaineF
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DwaineF » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:31 am

I have a question or three for those who question running clock to shorten the game. Have the Bobcats lost a game under this coach while employing this strategy? Also, Isn't it the goal of the team to win the game? Is there any way you will be satisfied short of a national title? I mean come on... we've had a decent start and are continue to build on that and we have too many fans on this forum complaining about how we win. Ridiculous!!!
Great win last night against a team that has owned us recently. Way to go Bobcats!!!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:35 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:45 pm
Fricken Eastern! They lost their coach and pretty much every good player they had transferred out last year. So they somehow reload and have a top half team already.
That being said, we were way bigger than them on the inside. Belo should have had 30 points. Their number 20 never got more than 2 inches off the ground-yet he ate us up. I guess they're crafty.
Battle was huge for us tonight. He's getting better and better. I think we're barely starting to see his potential.
Hopefully Belo can figure them out for the next matchup. They should not slow him down as much as they did tonight.
Yea, EWU look pretty good to me - all bigger, wide-bodied athletic looking guys. They have a good system, they cut well and find the open man, very good passing. EWU either hit 3 pointers or layups, there was nothing else, and they hit a LOT of layups which when you have Belo and Osobor shouldn't be happening.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:23 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Belo missed a lot of shots from Two foot range. And we went 3-6 on free throws from about the 3 to 1 minute mark that could have pushed our lead and been a 3-4 possession lead where they would not have been able to still go for twos. Made several in last minute though

Sports is not bigger than life

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:29 pm

DwaineF wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:31 am
I have a question or three for those who question running clock to shorten the game. Have the Bobcats lost a game under this coach while employing this strategy? Also, Isn't it the goal of the team to win the game? Is there any way you will be satisfied short of a national title? I mean come on... we've had a decent start and are continue to build on that and we have too many fans on this forum complaining about how we win. Ridiculous!!!
Great win last night against a team that has owned us recently. Way to go Bobcats!!!!
It is a sports forum, a place for fans to ask questions and express views. Pretty sure everyone on here understands we will never be a national champion in basketball. When you lose it use ready to point out issues. When you win you can enjoy success while still pointing out flaws you may observe or methods to wonder about. And I would say that yes there have been games this year and last that teams came back at end and the Bobcats lost

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:34 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:35 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Yea, EWU look pretty good to me - all bigger, wide-bodied athletic looking guys. They have a good system, they cut well and find the open man, very good passing. EWU either hit 3 pointers or layups, there was nothing else, and they hit a LOT of layups which when you have Belo and Osobor shouldn't be happening.
Agree with both of you. It seemed to me that Osobor was better able to defend their #20 than Belo. Coaches need to adjust quicker.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:44 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:35 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Seemed like they couldn't hit anything till that last couple minutes if first half. But then 3 straight and had 7 threes and two other baskets for first half. Seems like we adjusted too take away these and they just cut or drive for layups. We turned the ball over to much and if we cut that by 5 or 6 we win this going away.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:37 pm

DwaineF wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:31 am
That's a bit hyperbolic... I'd be elated just making a trip to the big dance! It's not like us long-suffering Bobcat Basketball fans have any reason to be pessimistic. MSU men's basketball has been in the doldrums for over a quarter century. Everyone knows the last time MSU went dancing was in 1996. To put it in context, I was 11 years old at the time. I now have a 6 year old of my own! Only 2 BSC championship game appearances in that timeframe, and only one outright regular season championship. There have been many seasons where they start out the first half of the conference schedule well and get our hopes up that this is finally the year our Bobcats finally win the tourney and make the NCAA tournament. Then the February Swoon hits. As has been posted before:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:21 pm

The last time I remember going to the dance, Sprinkle was a freshman!
On another note, when Belo first got here I complained that he needs to learn how to dunk because he would get right underneath and try to lay it up and get blocked. So he learned to dunk and was very good at playing like Shaq. Now he won't do anything but dunk! People have learned how to defense him when he gets close to the basket. He now has to develop a jump hook or a 6 foot tear drop, and learn to use the backboard to get to the next level of development. If he wants to play any further than NCAA he can't play like Shaq at 6'-9".

2024 Resume dominance

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:18 pm

I haven’t been so excited about the sum of our two teams for a long, long time. And basketball ultimately being entertainment I find these two teams to be really fun to watch. I mean, who can’t enjoy Xavier (Xman, the Factor) and Jubrile on the court at the same time? Or Katelyn and Darian? Thanks coaches.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:41 pm

catscat wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:56 pm
Women up by 8 at the half. Also not the best half they have played. Reckon both teams will be better in the second half.
For the first 2-1/2 quarters, I was not watching the same team that I watched on Monday. I was watching the one that looked lost back in December. The team who played the gris would have smoked Eastern by 30 points. Cripes, the eags had 30 points off turnovers and they only scored 55! Glad the Cats finally got it together for the final 15 minutes. The 4th quarter was all Kola. Hats off to her and Janssen who are double-threats down low and from 20'.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!