Adverts

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
lutecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2571
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Adverts

Post by lutecat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:53 pm

Is anyone else seeing alot more ads show up? It's getting annoying. I'm all for the guys that own BN monetizing it, and ad revenue is the way to do it. But I'm scrolling through posts and seeing ads in the middle of people's posts.


Post
Ad
Rest of post.



kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1927
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Adverts

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Yep
Annoying



User avatar
thefrank1
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Adverts

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:55 pm

Definitely annoying!!!


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7709
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Adverts

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:59 pm

lutecat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:53 pm
Is anyone else seeing alot more ads show up? It's getting annoying. I'm all for the guys that own BN monetizing it, and ad revenue is the way to do it. But I'm scrolling through posts and seeing ads in the middle of people's posts.


Post
Ad
Rest of post.
Yes, just noticed it recently.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

Bobcatstan
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:23 am

Re: Adverts

Post by Bobcatstan » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:01 pm

Like watching an NFL game or a college game on ESPN. Ads every break. Gets very annoying and eventually I'll stop reading these post cuz I don't wanna navigate the stinking ads



User avatar
ND0479
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:45 am

Re: Adverts

Post by ND0479 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Big time. Thought I had a virus on my phone or something…site has been freezing for me too.



User avatar
94VegasCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3697
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:38 am
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: Adverts

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 pm

My phone updated the other day and I thought that was the problem. It’s over the top too many.


GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

User avatar
GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Billings

Re: Adverts

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:20 pm

I didn’t want to say anything, because the traditional answer has always been “It’s just Google Ads!”

But yes. The past couple of weeks have been brutal with the mid-post ad bombs and fake link amalgamations that consume an entire screen’s worth of real estate. It has been tough to navigate through threads without getting a migraine. I don’t know if it is a setup or what, but if this is going to be the norm from here on out, then I’ll gladly pay a monthly subscription fee for no ads.

Would’ve started paying $$ long ago to be honest, just because I appreciate this forum. But this is starting to remind me of a candypop website.



User avatar
utucats
Member # Retired
Posts: 2405
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Adverts

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm

I have enjoyed the pic of Jessica Alba at the bottom of the screen


Image

User avatar
catsrback76
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7917
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: Sitting on the hill looking at the Adriatic!

Re: Adverts

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm
I have enjoyed the pic of Jessica Alba at the bottom of the screen
You get Jessica, and I get a chance to buy China OEM pumps!



LoggerCat
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Re: Adverts

Post by LoggerCat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:35 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm
utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm
I have enjoyed the pic of Jessica Alba at the bottom of the screen
You get Jessica, and I get a chance to buy China OEM pumps!
I’ve got some grown man in a bow tie playing with a dinosaur doll….odd stuff



User avatar
Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Re: Adverts

Post by Catbacker_1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:37 pm

I added an ad blocker to my phone. No more ads.


Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4889
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Adverts

Post by AFCAT » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm

I just got a sweet deal on some Botox and a pre-owned Hertz truck. These adds are awesome!


QB Club
https://www.msubqc.org
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8986
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Re: Adverts

Post by kmax » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 pm

First I’ll say, be careful about telling everyone what ads you are getting as the google knows all and presents you with what it thinks is optimized to you. 😂

But on the additional ads, I’ll take full blame for that one. They offered to turn on an optimized ads for the site and I opted in to it. I won’t lie and say it isn’t way better for the site but I appreciate the feedback and if it is too overbearing I will look to minimize. I only really view on my phone and it hasn’t really bothered me but if it is causing people to block or otherwise not want to visit I want to find a happy medium.

Again, I appreciate the feedback.


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4889
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Adverts

Post by AFCAT » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:13 pm

kmax wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 pm
First I’ll say, be careful about telling everyone what ads you are getting as the google knows all and presents you with what it thinks is optimized to you. 😂

But on the additional ads, I’ll take full blame for that one. They offered to turn on an optimized ads for the site and I opted in to it. I won’t lie and say it isn’t way better for the site but I appreciate the feedback and if it is too overbearing I will look to minimize. I only really view on my phone and it hasn’t really bothered me but if it is causing people to block or otherwise not want to visit I want to find a happy medium.

Again, I appreciate the feedback.
I made that up. I don’t purchase stuff on this computer so the ads targeted to me are usually meaningless.


QB Club
https://www.msubqc.org
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3150
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Adverts

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 pm

kmax wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 pm
First I’ll say, be careful about telling everyone what ads you are getting as the google knows all and presents you with what it thinks is optimized to you. 😂

But on the additional ads, I’ll take full blame for that one. They offered to turn on an optimized ads for the site and I opted in to it. I won’t lie and say it isn’t way better for the site but I appreciate the feedback and if it is too overbearing I will look to minimize. I only really view on my phone and it hasn’t really bothered me but if it is causing people to block or otherwise not want to visit I want to find a happy medium.

Again, I appreciate the feedback.
Thanks for that, Kevin.

Me personally… it’s bad. Really bad and super frustrating. I’d be happy to pay a member fee to not have to deal with this. It's just completely over the top.


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

User avatar
kmax
Site Admin
Posts: 8986
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 pm
Location: Belgrade, MT
Contact:

Re: Adverts

Post by kmax » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:39 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 pm
kmax wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 pm
First I’ll say, be careful about telling everyone what ads you are getting as the google knows all and presents you with what it thinks is optimized to you. 😂

But on the additional ads, I’ll take full blame for that one. They offered to turn on an optimized ads for the site and I opted in to it. I won’t lie and say it isn’t way better for the site but I appreciate the feedback and if it is too overbearing I will look to minimize. I only really view on my phone and it hasn’t really bothered me but if it is causing people to block or otherwise not want to visit I want to find a happy medium.

Again, I appreciate the feedback.
Thanks for that, Kevin.

Me personally… it’s bad. Really bad and super frustrating. I’d be happy to pay a member fee to not have to deal with this. It's just completely over the top.
It should be greatly lowered now. I set the ad load to the minimum, so I am hoping it is better. Again, open to feedback, just trying to strike that middle ground.


“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

User avatar
BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3150
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Adverts

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:36 pm

kmax wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:39 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 pm
kmax wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 pm
First I’ll say, be careful about telling everyone what ads you are getting as the google knows all and presents you with what it thinks is optimized to you. 😂

But on the additional ads, I’ll take full blame for that one. They offered to turn on an optimized ads for the site and I opted in to it. I won’t lie and say it isn’t way better for the site but I appreciate the feedback and if it is too overbearing I will look to minimize. I only really view on my phone and it hasn’t really bothered me but if it is causing people to block or otherwise not want to visit I want to find a happy medium.

Again, I appreciate the feedback.
Thanks for that, Kevin.

Me personally… it’s bad. Really bad and super frustrating. I’d be happy to pay a member fee to not have to deal with this. It's just completely over the top.
It should be greatly lowered now. I set the ad load to the minimum, so I am hoping it is better. Again, open to feedback, just trying to strike that middle ground.
It's been a lot better today, thanks Kevin!


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

Post Reply