Adverts

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
Member # Retired

Adverts

Post by lutecat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:53 pm

Is anyone else seeing alot more ads show up? It's getting annoying. I'm all for the guys that own BN monetizing it, and ad revenue is the way to do it. But I'm scrolling through posts and seeing ads in the middle of people's posts.

Rest of post.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: Adverts

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Yep
Annoying

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:55 pm

Definitely annoying!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:59 pm

lutecat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:53 pm
Is anyone else seeing alot more ads show up? It's getting annoying. I'm all for the guys that own BN monetizing it, and ad revenue is the way to do it. But I'm scrolling through posts and seeing ads in the middle of people's posts.

Rest of post.
Yes, just noticed it recently.

Bobcatstan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcatstan » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:01 pm

Like watching an NFL game or a college game on ESPN. Ads every break. Gets very annoying and eventually I'll stop reading these post cuz I don't wanna navigate the stinking ads

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Big time. Thought I had a virus on my phone or something…site has been freezing for me too.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 pm

My phone updated the other day and I thought that was the problem. It’s over the top too many.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:20 pm

I didn’t want to say anything, because the traditional answer has always been “It’s just Google Ads!”

But yes. The past couple of weeks have been brutal with the mid-post ad bombs and fake link amalgamations that consume an entire screen’s worth of real estate. It has been tough to navigate through threads without getting a migraine. I don’t know if it is a setup or what, but if this is going to be the norm from here on out, then I’ll gladly pay a monthly subscription fee for no ads.

Would’ve started paying $$ long ago to be honest, just because I appreciate this forum. But this is starting to remind me of a candypop website.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm

I have enjoyed the pic of Jessica Alba at the bottom of the screen

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm
You get Jessica, and I get a chance to buy China OEM pumps!

LoggerCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LoggerCat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:35 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm
utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm
You get Jessica, and I get a chance to buy China OEM pumps!
I’ve got some grown man in a bow tie playing with a dinosaur doll….odd stuff

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:37 pm

I added an ad blocker to my phone. No more ads.

Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm

I just got a sweet deal on some Botox and a pre-owned Hertz truck. These adds are awesome!

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 pm

First I’ll say, be careful about telling everyone what ads you are getting as the google knows all and presents you with what it thinks is optimized to you. 😂

But on the additional ads, I’ll take full blame for that one. They offered to turn on an optimized ads for the site and I opted in to it. I won’t lie and say it isn’t way better for the site but I appreciate the feedback and if it is too overbearing I will look to minimize. I only really view on my phone and it hasn’t really bothered me but if it is causing people to block or otherwise not want to visit I want to find a happy medium.

Again, I appreciate the feedback.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:13 pm

kmax wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 pm
First I’ll say, be careful about telling everyone what ads you are getting as the google knows all and presents you with what it thinks is optimized to you. 😂

But on the additional ads, I’ll take full blame for that one. They offered to turn on an optimized ads for the site and I opted in to it. I won’t lie and say it isn’t way better for the site but I appreciate the feedback and if it is too overbearing I will look to minimize. I only really view on my phone and it hasn’t really bothered me but if it is causing people to block or otherwise not want to visit I want to find a happy medium.

I made that up. I don’t purchase stuff on this computer so the ads targeted to me are usually meaningless.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 pm

kmax wrote:

Thanks for that, Kevin.

Me personally… it’s bad. Really bad and super frustrating. I’d be happy to pay a member fee to not have to deal with this. It's just completely over the top.

GO CATS GO!!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:39 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 pm
kmax wrote:

Thanks for that, Kevin.

Me personally… it’s bad. Really bad and super frustrating. I’d be happy to pay a member fee to not have to deal with this. It's just completely over the top.
It should be greatly lowered now. I set the ad load to the minimum, so I am hoping it is better. Again, open to feedback, just trying to strike that middle ground.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:36 pm

kmax wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:39 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 pm
kmax wrote:

Thanks for that, Kevin.

It should be greatly lowered now. I set the ad load to the minimum, so I am hoping it is better. Again, open to feedback, just trying to strike that middle ground.
It's been a lot better today, thanks Kevin!

GO CATS GO!!!

utucats
Member # Retired

Ads

Post by utucats » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:44 am

The advertisements on this thing are getting more and more out of control.

I’ll pay a yearly subscription if you guys are going broke but can we get some of this smut off this site?

bcatfan1

Re: Ads

Post by bcatfan1 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:01 am

All I'm getting for ads is Kitchenaid mixers, appliances and my own website since that's what I've been looking at. Now I'm kinda disappointed not to have the "smut". ;)

But there definitely have been a lot more ads lately.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.