Congrats Lady Cats (Vball)!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Congrats Lady Cats (Vball)!

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:20 pm

2 HUGE sweeps this weekend in impressive fashion. Man they are fun to watch! Very athletic and quick bunch out there. ISU game was really close match throughout but they made the plays in Cardiac fashion as well at the end. That quick flip/hit Kamber does when acting like she's gonna set is AWESOME! Totally keeps the defense honest and makes them play back from net so even if she doesn't fake the set, our girl has the advantage off the set for the CRUSH KILL!

Great Job! :D

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:16 pm

That was a big sweep last night against the Bengals. They were one of the pre-season favorites. It was a tough match all the way, despite the sweep. This team has the killer instinct the past Cat teams did not. Megan Zanto's shots never come back. The Cats are really in the running for hosting the tournament at last. It will take some upsets of EWU and CSUS perhaps. ISU is pretty much toast after being upset by the friz and swept by the Cats this week. We have to beat Eastern at home this year.

By the way, the arena was pretty much filled both nights. It was fun to finally have a competitive game at the end. We were all on the edges of our seats as the Cats made some key points, and maybe more importantly, fewer mistakes. Keep it up, young women!

theblackgecko

Post by theblackgecko » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:21 pm

I hear that the Cats control their own destiny as far as hosting the BSC tourney. Would winning out be sufficient to do so? They haven't lost a home BSC match.

mjc
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mjc » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:54 pm

Great job from the volleyball team. I agree that they are really fun to watch. We have so much depth this year and you can tell that they have really worked hard. They are a class act on the court, in the classroom and in the Gallatin Valley......

Good luck in Flagstaff and Sacremento.....

velochat

Post by velochat » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:56 am

Winning out might get us the Big Sky tournament, but we need to win at CSUS, which I don't know if we've ever done. Even EWU, which is probably a better team, was swept by the hornets. MSU swept the hornets at home, earlier this year, but CSUS is clearly better than that. Flagstaff makes for a tough trip, even though the Cats are better than the Jacks.

I was really surprised that the friz won 2 matches this week. There should be a huge crowd for the Cat/friz match this year. Maybe we can top the 6,300 who came 2 years ago.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:19 am

I took my 11 year old daughter to both matches & the football game over the weekend and I have to tell you, we both had a BLAST!!

That was my first experience with college volleyball & I left Shroyer both nights VERY impressed with what I saw. Our ladies are talented, work very well together, and REALLY seem to enjoy playing the game. I was also impressed with the crowds. My daughter is in her first year of the sport & she really had her eyes opened as to what volleyball is supposed to look like! Zanto, Stonehouse, Weibe, the Kelley sisters, et al are a fun bunch to watch!

After the Saturday night match, my folks and my daughter & I went to dinner at Old Chicago. Megan Zanto came in with her dad and my daughter went over & told her "good game". A little while later, Megan came over to our table and we had a very nice chat about the game, the team, the season, etc... She was very encouraging to my daughter & she seems to be the epitomy of what we'd like our student-athletes to be.

I can only say that my first experience with Bobcat Volleyball was as positive as I could have imagined and the team & coaches should be proud of who they are & the job they've done! We couldn't have had a better weekend!

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

velochat

Post by velochat » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:21 am

Now you know why MSU is among the nation's leaders in Volleyball attendance. From a long time fan who's favorite Bobcats have played volleyball, for years, welcome to the fun at Shroyer.

It was really amusing to watch the players on the side line during the match; they sure do have fun!