IS UM any good?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: IS UM any good?

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:52 pm

I listened to a bit of the Griz game on the radio, it sure sounded like the grizzlies beat Alabama, or perhaps the 1985 Chicago Bears

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:53 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:44 pm
iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:23 pm
imacat wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:36 pm
Robby Hauk is about to overtake his uncle Tim …

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... e4072.html
I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes an nfl team. Good connections. Could be a special teams player.

I think Bobby is done after his kid is done. He seems tired and burnt out. He could use his kid in the nfl as an excuse.
Lol. He’s too slow for the Big Sky. He won’t be making any roster.
He'll probably get a coaching job at um coaching phantom tackling.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

MTnative
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MTnative » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:01 pm

Bobby is close to being on the hot seat, and based on the way the griz have played the last three weeks they're not going to beat the Cats for the fifth year in a row. Kris Brown is a decent BSC QB, but he isn't going to take them anywhere into the playoffs. That doesn't bode well for Hauck.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Is UM any good?

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Nooooo.

-Elias P. Harmon-

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:20 pm

profisme wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:19 pm
Is UM any good?

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Nooooo.
I laughed

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:47 pm

catscat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:53 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:44 pm
iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:23 pm
imacat wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:36 pm
Robby Hauk is about to overtake his uncle Tim …

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... e4072.html
I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes an nfl team. Good connections. Could be a special teams player.

I think Bobby is done after his kid is done. He seems tired and burnt out. He could use his kid in the nfl as an excuse.
Lol. He’s too slow for the Big Sky. He won’t be making any roster.
He'll probably get a coaching job at um coaching phantom tackling.
He (robbie) is better suited as a "touch" football coach...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:49 pm

There are some very unsettled realistic fans over there and some very delusional ones...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:52 pm

MTnative wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:01 pm
Bobby is close to being on the hot seat, and based on the way the griz have played the last three weeks they're not going to beat the Cats for the fifth year in a row. Kris Brown is a decent BSC QB, but he isn't going to take them anywhere into the playoffs. That doesn't bode well for Hauck.
Any other team with any other coach I’d agree 100%. But they still have the same deep pocket boosters that think it’s 2000 and Bobby is the 2nd coming. He walks on water in Missoula.

It will take far more than their recent struggles to be on any hot seat with that fanbase.

They still think it’s their opponents super bowl just getting to play a game in Missoula. :lol:

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:40 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:52 pm
MTnative wrote:
Any other team with any other coach I’d agree 100%. But they still have the same deep pocket boosters that think it’s 2000 and Bobby is the 2nd coming. He walks on water in Missoula.

It will take far more than their recent struggles to be on any hot seat with that fanbase.

They still think it’s their opponents super bowl just getting to play a game in Missoula. :lol:
Maybe they should take their home games more seriously. :-k

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:41 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
MTnative wrote:

I don’t think they have the money to buy out a coach and then hire a new staff. That university is not doing well.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:48 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:41 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
MTnative wrote:

I don’t think they have the money to buy out a coach and then hire a new staff. That university is not doing well.
That sounds like the same situation that Idaho is in with Petrino. I think they have one more year to ride out that wreck.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:53 pm

I see that Humphrey played some but not the whole game, any reason why just a little?

The griz seem to play down to a bad teams level

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:53 pm
I see that Humphrey played some but not the whole game, any reason why just a little?

After a couple of series with Kris Brown at QB Humphrey took over. I believe it was on UM's last possession of the first half that Humphrey came down hard on his right ankle and gimped off the field. That, I believe, was the last we saw of Humphrey.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:12 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
MTnative wrote:

They only spend money on football and lawyers at UM-Missoula. I'm sure they could come up with the funds. Just lay off more educational staff.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:37 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 pm
WeedKillinCat wrote:

After a couple of series with Kris Brown at QB Humphrey took over. I believe it was on UM's last possession of the first half that Humphrey came down hard on his right ankle and gimped off the field. That, I believe, was the last we saw of Humphrey.
In what seems like recent Griz tradition, they rushed a QB back from an injury only to see him get injured again.

MTnative
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MTnative » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:19 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:12 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
MTnative wrote:

They only spend money on football and lawyers at UM-Missoula. I'm sure they could come up with the funds. Just lay off more educational staff.
In all seriousness, the school has become a black eye for the state. And the people running that school need a lesson on integrity and leadership.

When Hauck left um, there was a wake of destruction and chaos behind him. He never should have been given the chance to return to his job. Selfishly, I hope the griz crater so that his departure can be accelerated. No griz fan would ever admit it, but Bobby Hauck is a cancer, and he needs to go away.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:29 am

RTD = Return To Dumpster

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:11 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:37 pm
Rich K wrote:
WeedKillinCat wrote:

In what seems like recent Griz tradition, they rushed a QB back from an injury only to see him get injured again.
I think it's just Hauck playing Hauck games
He's trotting the kid out for a series endangering his health to make other teams think they need to prepare for their other QB.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:28 am

seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:11 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:37 pm
Rich K wrote:
WeedKillinCat wrote:

I think it's just Hauck playing Hauck games
He's trotting the kid out for a series endangering his health to make other teams think they need to prepare for their other QB.
With less then a minute to go on the Southern Utah 30 yard line the Griz went for it on 4th down. Humphrey was sacked by Mykeal White at the Southern Utah 32 yard line. Humphrey's right ankle appeared to land badly with some weight of White coming down on Humphrey. That's where I suspect that he injured the ankle. Humphrey never did come back into the game.

Two things:

1) I don't what Humphrey's original injury was so I don't know if he reinjured the ankle or if this is a new injury.
2) What kind of "national power" team doesn't have a field goal kicker that they can trust from the 30 yard line?

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:28 am

One thing I am certain- they’ll be ready to play us.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie