Montana Covid Numbers

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6955
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11802
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:36 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am
I just saw Montana set a new record for daily cases reported. I assume that's because of a 3 day weekend and it's actually 3 days worth of reporting. I wanted to post this on here just to track the covid trends. This is not an invitation to voice your political ideology, so please don't take it as such. This is strictly for data.

10/12/21

New Cases (3-day weekend): 2227
Active Cases: 12,333
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3228
Missoula: 2050
Kalispell: 1294
Cascade: 1127
Lewis & Clark: 876
Active Hospitalizations: 489
10/13/21

New Cases: 1346
Active Cases: 12,160
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3075
Missoula: 1996
Kalispell: 1273
Cascade: 1115
Lewis & Clark: 883
Active Hospitalizations: 510
Total Deaths: 2109
10/14/21

New Cases: 1300
Active Cases: 12,602
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3288
Missoula: 2101
Flathead: 1264
Cascade: 1215
Lewis & Clark: 828
Active Hospitalizations: 479
Total Deaths: 2121
10/18/21

New Cases: 1143
Active Cases: 11,821
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2691
Missoula: 2098
Flathead: 1225
Cascade: 1187
Lewis & Clark: 923
Active Hospitalizations: 477
Total Deaths: 2128



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7155
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11802
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:43 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:36 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am
I just saw Montana set a new record for daily cases reported. I assume that's because of a 3 day weekend and it's actually 3 days worth of reporting. I wanted to post this on here just to track the covid trends. This is not an invitation to voice your political ideology, so please don't take it as such. This is strictly for data.

10/12/21

New Cases (3-day weekend): 2227
Active Cases: 12,333
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3228
Missoula: 2050
Kalispell: 1294
Cascade: 1127
Lewis & Clark: 876
Active Hospitalizations: 489
10/13/21

New Cases: 1346
Active Cases: 12,160
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3075
Missoula: 1996
Kalispell: 1273
Cascade: 1115
Lewis & Clark: 883
Active Hospitalizations: 510
Total Deaths: 2109
10/14/21

New Cases: 1300
Active Cases: 12,602
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3288
Missoula: 2101
Flathead: 1264
Cascade: 1215
Lewis & Clark: 828
Active Hospitalizations: 479
Total Deaths: 2121
10/18/21

New Cases: 1143
Active Cases: 11,821
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2691
Missoula: 2098
Flathead: 1225
Cascade: 1187
Lewis & Clark: 923
Active Hospitalizations: 477
Total Deaths: 2128
10/19/21

New Cases: 1333
Active Cases: 11,041
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2533
Missoula: 1891
Flathead: 983
Cascade: 1140
Lewis & Clark: 963
Active Hospitalizations: 454
Total Deaths: 2206



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6955
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by iaafan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7155
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.
I promise I am not trying to start an argument with you or criticize you for your approach to this, but I disagree about the seatbelt thing. That is literally 2nd nature to almost all drivers, it literally only takes three seconds (Or less... I've actually timed it :lol: ), and you only do it when you enter or exit a vehicle. With the masking thing, yes it probably takes about as long as putting on a seat belt, but it's an all the time deal, all day every day... washing them regularly, etc. Also, regarding the social distancing thing - that is a significant adjustment to every day life as well... especially if you are always looking ahead when about to encounter another person, anticipating which way they're going to turn, etc.

Again - I completely respect everyone's viewpoint on all this and whatever approach they want to take to feel safe. I guess it just surprises me when young, healthy people take such significant precautions for this virus when it is extremely unlikely that if you do get it you're not going to recover 100% within a few days.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4653
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by MSU01 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:26 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.
I promise I am not trying to start an argument with you or criticize you for your approach to this, but I disagree about the seatbelt thing. That is literally 2nd nature to almost all drivers, it literally only takes three seconds (Or less... I've actually timed it :lol: ), and you only do it when you enter or exit a vehicle. With the masking thing, yes it probably takes about as long as putting on a seat belt, but it's an all the time deal, all day every day... washing them regularly, etc. Also, regarding the social distancing thing - that is a significant adjustment to every day life as well... especially if you are always looking ahead when about to encounter another person, anticipating which way they're going to turn, etc.

Again - I completely respect everyone's viewpoint on all this and whatever approach they want to take to feel safe. I guess it just surprises me when young, healthy people take such significant precautions for this virus when it is extremely unlikely that if you do get it you're not going to recover 100% within a few days.
I'd guess that many of the "young, healthy people" you mention are taking precautions for the sake of others around them as much or more than for themselves. After all, the main benefit of wearing a mask has been shown to be protecting others from you as opposed to protecting you from others.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6955
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by iaafan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:47 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.
I promise I am not trying to start an argument with you or criticize you for your approach to this, but I disagree about the seatbelt thing. That is literally 2nd nature to almost all drivers, it literally only takes three seconds (Or less... I've actually timed it :lol: ), and you only do it when you enter or exit a vehicle. With the masking thing, yes it probably takes about as long as putting on a seat belt, but it's an all the time deal, all day every day... washing them regularly, etc. Also, regarding the social distancing thing - that is a significant adjustment to every day life as well... especially if you are always looking ahead when about to encounter another person, anticipating which way they're going to turn, etc.

Again - I completely respect everyone's viewpoint on all this and whatever approach they want to take to feel safe. I guess it just surprises me when young, healthy people take such significant precautions for this virus when it is extremely unlikely that if you do get it you're not going to recover 100% within a few days.
I'm sorry, I should've been more clear. I meant when they first started requiring seatbelts. I'm so freaking old that I can remember when seatbelts weren't required and weren't even installed in some cars. Then they put lap belts in, but those weren't required. Then they put lap/shoulder belts in and I don't think those were either, maybe. At some point in the 80s or 90s, I think, seatbelts became a requirement. After awhile putting one on became second nature, kind of like (for me) wearing a mask and distancing became second nature. Does that make sense?



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7155
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:13 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:47 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.
I promise I am not trying to start an argument with you or criticize you for your approach to this, but I disagree about the seatbelt thing. That is literally 2nd nature to almost all drivers, it literally only takes three seconds (Or less... I've actually timed it :lol: ), and you only do it when you enter or exit a vehicle. With the masking thing, yes it probably takes about as long as putting on a seat belt, but it's an all the time deal, all day every day... washing them regularly, etc. Also, regarding the social distancing thing - that is a significant adjustment to every day life as well... especially if you are always looking ahead when about to encounter another person, anticipating which way they're going to turn, etc.

Again - I completely respect everyone's viewpoint on all this and whatever approach they want to take to feel safe. I guess it just surprises me when young, healthy people take such significant precautions for this virus when it is extremely unlikely that if you do get it you're not going to recover 100% within a few days.
I'm sorry, I should've been more clear. I meant when they first started requiring seatbelts. I'm so freaking old that I can remember when seatbelts weren't required and weren't even installed in some cars. Then they put lap belts in, but those weren't required. Then they put lap/shoulder belts in and I don't think those were either, maybe. At some point in the 80s or 90s, I think, seatbelts became a requirement. After awhile putting one on became second nature, kind of like (for me) wearing a mask and distancing became second nature. Does that make sense?
Yep, makes perfect sense, and I remember those days too! I was more referring to the comment about avoiding getting close to people and anticipating their direction, etc. All good. The only reason I asked is because that thought process doesn't enter my mind, especially if I'm masked up, they're masked up, everyone who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated, etc. But, as the other poster above mentioned, you're likely not just doing it for you but others around you. I'm probably selfish. :lol:


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5324
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:03 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.
I promise I am not trying to start an argument with you or criticize you for your approach to this, but I disagree about the seatbelt thing. That is literally 2nd nature to almost all drivers, it literally only takes three seconds (Or less... I've actually timed it :lol: ), and you only do it when you enter or exit a vehicle. With the masking thing, yes it probably takes about as long as putting on a seat belt, but it's an all the time deal, all day every day... washing them regularly, etc. Also, regarding the social distancing thing - that is a significant adjustment to every day life as well... especially if you are always looking ahead when about to encounter another person, anticipating which way they're going to turn, etc.

Again - I completely respect everyone's viewpoint on all this and whatever approach they want to take to feel safe. I guess it just surprises me when young, healthy people take such significant precautions for this virus when it is extremely unlikely that if you do get it you're not going to recover 100% within a few days.
Great post. Basically buckling seatbelts and masking up are NOT similar.

And you are too nice. I can no longer respect everyone’s viewpoint anymore because some people are simply trying to make a political argument. Sorry and this will upset some people, but they don’t deserve respect if they can’t think for themselves, especially if they are simply pushing a political agenda.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11802
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:14 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:36 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am
I just saw Montana set a new record for daily cases reported. I assume that's because of a 3 day weekend and it's actually 3 days worth of reporting. I wanted to post this on here just to track the covid trends. This is not an invitation to voice your political ideology, so please don't take it as such. This is strictly for data.

10/12/21

New Cases (3-day weekend): 2227
Active Cases: 12,333
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3228
Missoula: 2050
Kalispell: 1294
Cascade: 1127
Lewis & Clark: 876
Active Hospitalizations: 489
10/13/21

New Cases: 1346
Active Cases: 12,160
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3075
Missoula: 1996
Kalispell: 1273
Cascade: 1115
Lewis & Clark: 883
Active Hospitalizations: 510
Total Deaths: 2109
10/14/21

New Cases: 1300
Active Cases: 12,602
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3288
Missoula: 2101
Flathead: 1264
Cascade: 1215
Lewis & Clark: 828
Active Hospitalizations: 479
Total Deaths: 2121
10/18/21

New Cases: 1143
Active Cases: 11,821
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2691
Missoula: 2098
Flathead: 1225
Cascade: 1187
Lewis & Clark: 923
Active Hospitalizations: 477
Total Deaths: 2128
10/19/21

New Cases: 1333
Active Cases: 11,041
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2533
Missoula: 1891
Flathead: 983
Cascade: 1140
Lewis & Clark: 963
Active Hospitalizations: 454
Total Deaths: 2206
10/21/21

New Cases: 979
Active Cases: 10,973
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2377
Missoula: 1855
Flathead: 1064
Cascade: 1148
Lewis & Clark: 966
Active Hospitalizations: 434
Total Deaths: 2239



User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8236
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:03 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.
I promise I am not trying to start an argument with you or criticize you for your approach to this, but I disagree about the seatbelt thing. That is literally 2nd nature to almost all drivers, it literally only takes three seconds (Or less... I've actually timed it :lol: ), and you only do it when you enter or exit a vehicle. With the masking thing, yes it probably takes about as long as putting on a seat belt, but it's an all the time deal, all day every day... washing them regularly, etc. Also, regarding the social distancing thing - that is a significant adjustment to every day life as well... especially if you are always looking ahead when about to encounter another person, anticipating which way they're going to turn, etc.

Again - I completely respect everyone's viewpoint on all this and whatever approach they want to take to feel safe. I guess it just surprises me when young, healthy people take such significant precautions for this virus when it is extremely unlikely that if you do get it you're not going to recover 100% within a few days.
Great post. Basically buckling seatbelts and masking up are NOT similar.

And you are too nice. I can no longer respect everyone’s viewpoint anymore because some people are simply trying to make a political argument. Sorry and this will upset some people, but they don’t deserve respect if they can’t think for themselves, especially if they are simply pushing a political agenda.
Does that hold true for both sides? Both have pushed bs.


Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5324
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:13 pm

allcat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:03 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.
I promise I am not trying to start an argument with you or criticize you for your approach to this, but I disagree about the seatbelt thing. That is literally 2nd nature to almost all drivers, it literally only takes three seconds (Or less... I've actually timed it :lol: ), and you only do it when you enter or exit a vehicle. With the masking thing, yes it probably takes about as long as putting on a seat belt, but it's an all the time deal, all day every day... washing them regularly, etc. Also, regarding the social distancing thing - that is a significant adjustment to every day life as well... especially if you are always looking ahead when about to encounter another person, anticipating which way they're going to turn, etc.

Again - I completely respect everyone's viewpoint on all this and whatever approach they want to take to feel safe. I guess it just surprises me when young, healthy people take such significant precautions for this virus when it is extremely unlikely that if you do get it you're not going to recover 100% within a few days.
Great post. Basically buckling seatbelts and masking up are NOT similar.

And you are too nice. I can no longer respect everyone’s viewpoint anymore because some people are simply trying to make a political argument. Sorry and this will upset some people, but they don’t deserve respect if they can’t think for themselves, especially if they are simply pushing a political agenda.
Does that hold true for both sides? Both have pushed bs.
Absolutely!



User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8236
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:13 pm
allcat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:03 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.
I promise I am not trying to start an argument with you or criticize you for your approach to this, but I disagree about the seatbelt thing. That is literally 2nd nature to almost all drivers, it literally only takes three seconds (Or less... I've actually timed it :lol: ), and you only do it when you enter or exit a vehicle. With the masking thing, yes it probably takes about as long as putting on a seat belt, but it's an all the time deal, all day every day... washing them regularly, etc. Also, regarding the social distancing thing - that is a significant adjustment to every day life as well... especially if you are always looking ahead when about to encounter another person, anticipating which way they're going to turn, etc.

Again - I completely respect everyone's viewpoint on all this and whatever approach they want to take to feel safe. I guess it just surprises me when young, healthy people take such significant precautions for this virus when it is extremely unlikely that if you do get it you're not going to recover 100% within a few days.
Great post. Basically buckling seatbelts and masking up are NOT similar.

And you are too nice. I can no longer respect everyone’s viewpoint anymore because some people are simply trying to make a political argument. Sorry and this will upset some people, but they don’t deserve respect if they can’t think for themselves, especially if they are simply pushing a political agenda.
Does that hold true for both sides? Both have pushed bs.
Absolutely!
That becomes a slippery slope. Which topics do you include. I personally have tried to track down issues that I tend to agree with, but wonder about. I actually find it impossible to come up with an answer, because I can find data that supports and debunks both sides. Then it comes back to who you trust. I think even the people that disagree with me have something legitimate. While you can never convince someone to change their mind, or very rarely. They ultimately are no different than you.


Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6955
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:09 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:13 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:47 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:12 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:39 am
Related note, I just did my daily glance at the COVID numbers worldwide, nationwide, and statewide. Today shows a report of 161 deaths from COVID yesterday. That is the lowest daily death count since March 23, 2020. MAYBE JUST MAYBE we're getting to the end of this thing. Fingers crossed for no new variations popping up and spiking the numbers again.
Yes, it is coming down nationally. The cases have been dropping and now deaths are as well. This is the third time, hopefully the third time is the charm. Montana is one of the worst places to be in the country. So the macro is good, the micro not so good.

I haven't stopped masking up, distancing since this started, so it's just second nature now. Distancing is the fun one, because I've almost become able to sense which way people are going to turn in the grocery store and bars/restaurants. Kinda bizarre actually.
That's some serious dedication :D , as I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated as well? Underlying health conditions if you don't mind me asking?
It really doesn’t take much dedication. Basically just in the habit. Kinda like getting used to seatbelts. Yes, fully vaccinated and got booster yesterday. No underlying health conditions.
I promise I am not trying to start an argument with you or criticize you for your approach to this, but I disagree about the seatbelt thing. That is literally 2nd nature to almost all drivers, it literally only takes three seconds (Or less... I've actually timed it :lol: ), and you only do it when you enter or exit a vehicle. With the masking thing, yes it probably takes about as long as putting on a seat belt, but it's an all the time deal, all day every day... washing them regularly, etc. Also, regarding the social distancing thing - that is a significant adjustment to every day life as well... especially if you are always looking ahead when about to encounter another person, anticipating which way they're going to turn, etc.

Again - I completely respect everyone's viewpoint on all this and whatever approach they want to take to feel safe. I guess it just surprises me when young, healthy people take such significant precautions for this virus when it is extremely unlikely that if you do get it you're not going to recover 100% within a few days.
I'm sorry, I should've been more clear. I meant when they first started requiring seatbelts. I'm so freaking old that I can remember when seatbelts weren't required and weren't even installed in some cars. Then they put lap belts in, but those weren't required. Then they put lap/shoulder belts in and I don't think those were either, maybe. At some point in the 80s or 90s, I think, seatbelts became a requirement. After awhile putting one on became second nature, kind of like (for me) wearing a mask and distancing became second nature. Does that make sense?
Yep, makes perfect sense, and I remember those days too! I was more referring to the comment about avoiding getting close to people and anticipating their direction, etc. All good. The only reason I asked is because that thought process doesn't enter my mind, especially if I'm masked up, they're masked up, everyone who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated, etc. But, as the other poster above mentioned, you're likely not just doing it for you but others around you. I'm probably selfish. :lol:
It just becomes second nature like anything else. I’ve always kept my distance from people. I don’t like ‘close talkers’. Helmets, seatbelts, safety glasses, goalie gear, catcher’s gear, football gear. After wearing this stuff for so long you feel naked without it.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11802
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:48 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:36 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am
I just saw Montana set a new record for daily cases reported. I assume that's because of a 3 day weekend and it's actually 3 days worth of reporting. I wanted to post this on here just to track the covid trends. This is not an invitation to voice your political ideology, so please don't take it as such. This is strictly for data.

10/12/21

New Cases (3-day weekend): 2227
Active Cases: 12,333
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3228
Missoula: 2050
Kalispell: 1294
Cascade: 1127
Lewis & Clark: 876
Active Hospitalizations: 489
10/13/21

New Cases: 1346
Active Cases: 12,160
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3075
Missoula: 1996
Kalispell: 1273
Cascade: 1115
Lewis & Clark: 883
Active Hospitalizations: 510
Total Deaths: 2109
10/14/21

New Cases: 1300
Active Cases: 12,602
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3288
Missoula: 2101
Flathead: 1264
Cascade: 1215
Lewis & Clark: 828
Active Hospitalizations: 479
Total Deaths: 2121
10/18/21

New Cases: 1143
Active Cases: 11,821
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2691
Missoula: 2098
Flathead: 1225
Cascade: 1187
Lewis & Clark: 923
Active Hospitalizations: 477
Total Deaths: 2128
10/19/21

New Cases: 1333
Active Cases: 11,041
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2533
Missoula: 1891
Flathead: 983
Cascade: 1140
Lewis & Clark: 963
Active Hospitalizations: 454
Total Deaths: 2206
10/21/21

New Cases: 979
Active Cases: 10,973
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2377
Missoula: 1855
Flathead: 1064
Cascade: 1148
Lewis & Clark: 966
Active Hospitalizations: 434
Total Deaths: 2239

10/25/21

New Cases: 1422
Active Cases: 10,739
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2092
Missoula: 1774
Flathead: 1270
Cascade: 1079
Lewis & Clark: 833
Active Hospitalizations: 447
Total Deaths: 2259



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11802
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by wbtfg » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:33 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:48 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:36 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am
I just saw Montana set a new record for daily cases reported. I assume that's because of a 3 day weekend and it's actually 3 days worth of reporting. I wanted to post this on here just to track the covid trends. This is not an invitation to voice your political ideology, so please don't take it as such. This is strictly for data.

10/12/21

New Cases (3-day weekend): 2227
Active Cases: 12,333
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3228
Missoula: 2050
Kalispell: 1294
Cascade: 1127
Lewis & Clark: 876
Active Hospitalizations: 489
10/13/21

New Cases: 1346
Active Cases: 12,160
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3075
Missoula: 1996
Kalispell: 1273
Cascade: 1115
Lewis & Clark: 883
Active Hospitalizations: 510
Total Deaths: 2109
10/14/21

New Cases: 1300
Active Cases: 12,602
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3288
Missoula: 2101
Flathead: 1264
Cascade: 1215
Lewis & Clark: 828
Active Hospitalizations: 479
Total Deaths: 2121
10/18/21

New Cases: 1143
Active Cases: 11,821
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2691
Missoula: 2098
Flathead: 1225
Cascade: 1187
Lewis & Clark: 923
Active Hospitalizations: 477
Total Deaths: 2128
10/19/21

New Cases: 1333
Active Cases: 11,041
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2533
Missoula: 1891
Flathead: 983
Cascade: 1140
Lewis & Clark: 963
Active Hospitalizations: 454
Total Deaths: 2206
10/21/21

New Cases: 979
Active Cases: 10,973
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2377
Missoula: 1855
Flathead: 1064
Cascade: 1148
Lewis & Clark: 966
Active Hospitalizations: 434
Total Deaths: 2239

10/25/21

New Cases: 1422
Active Cases: 10,739
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2092
Missoula: 1774
Flathead: 1270
Cascade: 1079
Lewis & Clark: 833
Active Hospitalizations: 447
Total Deaths: 2259
10/27/21

New Cases: 994
Active Cases: 11,041
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2617
Missoula: 1600
Flathead: 1226
Cascade: 1260
Lewis & Clark: 881
Active Hospitalizations: 463
Total Deaths: 2321

Big jump in deaths. Also an increase in active cases and hospitalizations...both numbers that had been steadily declining.

Also, according to Monday's hospital report. It looks like the state has/had 458 patients hospitalized. 121 of those in ICU, 76 on Ventilators. Benefis (great falls), St. Peter's (helena), and Kalispell Regional are all at or over bed capacity.

Bozeman Health, St. Peters, Benefis, St. Patrick's (Missoula) and Missoula Community are all pretty much at/over capacity for ICU beds.

https://montana.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Ma ... 2103421d4b



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11802
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:39 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:33 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:48 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:43 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:36 am
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am
I just saw Montana set a new record for daily cases reported. I assume that's because of a 3 day weekend and it's actually 3 days worth of reporting. I wanted to post this on here just to track the covid trends. This is not an invitation to voice your political ideology, so please don't take it as such. This is strictly for data.

10/12/21

New Cases (3-day weekend): 2227
Active Cases: 12,333
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3228
Missoula: 2050
Kalispell: 1294
Cascade: 1127
Lewis & Clark: 876
Active Hospitalizations: 489
10/13/21

New Cases: 1346
Active Cases: 12,160
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3075
Missoula: 1996
Kalispell: 1273
Cascade: 1115
Lewis & Clark: 883
Active Hospitalizations: 510
Total Deaths: 2109
10/14/21

New Cases: 1300
Active Cases: 12,602
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 3288
Missoula: 2101
Flathead: 1264
Cascade: 1215
Lewis & Clark: 828
Active Hospitalizations: 479
Total Deaths: 2121
10/18/21

New Cases: 1143
Active Cases: 11,821
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2691
Missoula: 2098
Flathead: 1225
Cascade: 1187
Lewis & Clark: 923
Active Hospitalizations: 477
Total Deaths: 2128
10/19/21

New Cases: 1333
Active Cases: 11,041
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2533
Missoula: 1891
Flathead: 983
Cascade: 1140
Lewis & Clark: 963
Active Hospitalizations: 454
Total Deaths: 2206
10/21/21

New Cases: 979
Active Cases: 10,973
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2377
Missoula: 1855
Flathead: 1064
Cascade: 1148
Lewis & Clark: 966
Active Hospitalizations: 434
Total Deaths: 2239

10/25/21

New Cases: 1422
Active Cases: 10,739
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2092
Missoula: 1774
Flathead: 1270
Cascade: 1079
Lewis & Clark: 833
Active Hospitalizations: 447
Total Deaths: 2259
10/27/21

New Cases: 994
Active Cases: 11,041
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2617
Missoula: 1600
Flathead: 1226
Cascade: 1260
Lewis & Clark: 881
Active Hospitalizations: 463
Total Deaths: 2321

Big jump in deaths. Also an increase in active cases and hospitalizations...both numbers that had been steadily declining.

Also, according to Monday's hospital report. It looks like the state has/had 458 patients hospitalized. 121 of those in ICU, 76 on Ventilators. Benefis (great falls), St. Peter's (helena), and Kalispell Regional are all at or over bed capacity.

Bozeman Health, St. Peters, Benefis, St. Patrick's (Missoula) and Missoula Community are all pretty much at/over capacity for ICU beds.

https://montana.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Ma ... 2103421d4b
11/1/21

New Cases: 1137
Active Cases: 9,528
(Top 5 Counties)
Yellowstone: 2053
Missoula: 1343
Flathead: 960
Cascade: 1024
Lewis & Clark: 1040
Active Hospitalizations: 395
Total Deaths: 2366

Big decrease in hospitalizations, and overall active cases. Lewis and Clark county had a pretty big increase in active cases, where almost everyone else is on the decline.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7608
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Definitely good seeing the down trend in active cases, and the decrease in hospitalizations.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 11802
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Covid Numbers

Post by wbtfg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:42 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:27 pm
Definitely good seeing the down trend in active cases, and the decrease in hospitalizations.
Agree...

Benefis, Bozeman Health, Kalispell, St Pete's are still all 90+% full.

Benefis, Billings Clinic, St Pete's, Missoula Community are all basically at capacity for ICU beds.

It's trending the right way, but still a ways to go.



Post Reply