'Cats @ Weber State Predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: 'Cats @ Weber State Predictions

Post by snowxlt » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:06 pm

Bobcats 23 lilcats 17

96 Engineering and 99 Education

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:16 pm

Cats 31
Douchers 21

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:19 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:32 pm
Some of the predictions in this thread are extremely optimistic IMHO. We're not playing Drake again...
I guess somebody is in for a big surprise, either me or else the people who believe we're gonna hang 50 on Weber in their house. I hope you all are right and I'm wrong with my 1-point win prediction!
Ya, same! If people really think we're gonna march in there and beat Weebs by 35..... wow. Altho I guess stranger things have happened - almost nobody predicted the 2019 Cat\Griz outcome, but that was in our house so much different.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

chainbreaker
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by chainbreaker » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Weber has been a tough place to play in recent years for any teams. Hard to gauge how strong Weber will be on Friday night.
I would be thrilled with a larger margin of victory, AND until Bobcats show they can move the ball at will against weber D, then it could be a low scoring game.
Bobcats D holds weebcats on 4th down on last drive at mid-field to clinch a hard fought W!

Bobcats 21
Weeb cats 17

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:24 pm

First team to 20 wins, but I have no clue who it will be. Should be fun!

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:59 pm

Bobcats- 31
Wildcats- 14

-Elias P. Harmon-

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:51 pm

No prediction from me, but I'll leave you with a Jay Hill quote from a recent article. Hill talking about the cats turnovers..."You wonder why they're 5-1...but their turnovers are coming, I promise."

https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-s ... turnovers/

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:06 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:51 pm
No prediction from me, but I'll leave you with a Jay Hill quote from a recent article. Hill talking about the cats turnovers..."You wonder why they're 5-1...but their turnovers are coming, I promise."

Wow, if Hill's game plan is MSU turning over the football more, Weber is in trouble.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:42 pm

Common Cat wrote:

Welp, that’s it boys. Pack it in.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:31 pm

Common Cat wrote:

That doesn't even make sense. If he's implying that we would have lost any of those four games if not for turnovers..... that is an idiotic statement. Three of those wins have been absolute blowouts, and the PSU probably isn't what I'd call a blowout but pretty sloppy game with several miscues and we still beat the by two TD's in their house.

Yes, we may have some turnovers coming at some point but maybe just maybe we are really good at ball security and maybe MM is being very smart with where he's throwing the football. Trey Lance went an entire season without throwing an INT. Sure there were a couple lucky breaks there but mainly just really smart about where to put the ball.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:37 pm

Common Cat wrote:

He also says that they have a lot of young guys on the team...always thought the age thing was an advantage for Weber.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:47 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:37 pm
Common Cat wrote:

He also says that they have a lot of young guys on the team...always thought the age thing was an advantage for Weber.
They’re only 22-23 instead of the usual 27-28.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:05 pm

This one comes down to turnovers
Cats—44
Weber—21

Punters are people too!!

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:53 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:47 pm
MSU Toddler wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:37 pm
Common Cat wrote:

They’re only 22-23 instead of the usual 27-28.
Exhibit #1: Brittan Covey led the Utes in receiving yards and was a Freshman All American. In 2015.

He's a preseason all-American. In 2021. (He did a mission in 2016-2017, redshirted after 4 games in 2019, and then there's the no eligibility year in 2020)...so if my math is correct, he could come back next year. If he did, he would likely be a 6 time All-Pac 12 (4 first teams) selection. :shock:

Exhibit #2: Theres a 25 year old finishing his second masters degree playing linebacker at East Tennessee State. Two medical reshirts...its his eighth year on a college football roster

Exhibit #3: There are at least 150 7th year seniors in the Pac 12 alone.

I don't know how a decent program like Weber ends up with "young guys" in the current environment.

MTnative
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MTnative » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:14 pm

Common Cat wrote:

Trash talking from Jay Hill? That's a first for me.

In that case:

Cats 45
Bbq trash 13

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:41 am

This one should be close....keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the guys pull it out...MSU 28-21

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:24 am

Common Cat wrote:

What a douchey comment. Is he guaranteeing that they're going to get turnovers from us? Because that's what it sounds like. I guess he could walk back those comments and just say that he meant "in general" the Bobcats will have turnovers in their remaining games. In which case we could all give a big sigh of "No ****** Sherlock".

Can't wait for this little gem to come back and bite him and all his 30 year olds right in the ass.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:45 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:24 am
Common Cat wrote:

What a douchey comment. Is he guaranteeing that they're going to get turnovers from us? Because that's what it sounds like. I guess he could walk back those comments and just say that he meant "in general" the Bobcats will have turnovers in their remaining games. In which case we could all give a big sigh of "No ****** Sherlock".

Can't wait for this little gem to come back and bite him and all his 30 year olds right in the ass.
Agree. And again, him saying "You wonder why they're 5-1..." is just stupid.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:16 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:45 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Common Cat wrote:

I asked the writer for clarification on Twitter, seeing if there is some missing context. To me it has to be something like "you wonder why they're 5-1, it's because they don't turn the ball over". I have no idea where this quote came from, maybe a weekly presser but WSU doesn't seem to publish those so I can't verify. But it just seems like a very odd comment from an HC, especially Jay Hill.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:17 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:45 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Common Cat wrote:

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that what he meant didn't come off the same way as it looks in print, but yeah, he's making it sound like we just stumbled or wandered into a 5-1 record and that he'll restore the order of things down in Ogden.