Vandals' new arena

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Vandals' new arena

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:45 pm

I must admit, this place looks pretty sweet. They've needed an arena for a long time. Now do the same thing at NAU and ISU! Looking forward to going to a Bobcat-Vandal game there someday.

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Vandals' new arena

Post by wapiti » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:51 am

I've thought it would be sweet if the Cat's could get an arena dedicated to basketball, but I do not see that happening anytime soon.

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RICO CAT » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:25 pm

It looks so cozy……

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:49 am

wapiti wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:51 am
I've thought it would be sweet if the Cat's could get an arena dedicated to basketball, but I do not see that happening anytime soon.
The pics of the proposed Fieldhouse renovations in the Facilities Plan that would turn it into a decidated BB/VB venue look amazing. Of course that's a much later stage of the plan and it's likely things will have changed by then.

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:54 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:49 am
wapiti wrote:
The pics of the proposed Fieldhouse renovations in the Facilities Plan that would turn it into a decidated BB/VB venue look amazing. Of course that's a much later stage of the plan and it's likely things will have changed by then.
If something like a fieldhouse renovation takes place to dedicate it to BB and VB where would Rodeos and indoor Track and Field happen?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:40 pm

wapiti wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:54 am
MSU01 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:49 am
wapiti wrote:
If something like a fieldhouse renovation takes place to dedicate it to BB and VB where would Rodeos and indoor Track and Field happen?
Assuming this is the pic that MSU01 is referring to, though there may be other renderings out there. https://msubobcats.com/galleries/genera ... 5/109/3138

You can get more info from the master plan, specifically for the Fieldhouse at https://msubobcats.com/sports/2017/9/20 ... spx?id=360

Track and Field would move into the indoor practice facility which would have a 300m indoor track. The fieldhouse would then be set up to become a better facility for court sports and entertainment (concerts, shows, etc.) but I believe(don't quote me here) would still retain the ability to do other events such as rodeo.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:31 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:45 pm
I must admit, this place looks pretty sweet. They've needed an arena for a long time. Now do the same thing at NAU and ISU! Looking forward to going to a Bobcat-Vandal game there someday.
I got to go inside Idaho‘s arena a couple weeks ago. I’ve got to admit it’s very very nice. It’s not big enough for the Cats but should work really well for Idaho. I think it only holds something like 4200 people.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:01 pm

wapiti wrote:
I think the Brick is still a good venue for basketball. What annoys me are football teams in the conference with tracks around the field. It looks so bush league.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride