2022 Recruiting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2022 Recruiting

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:24 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:26 am
arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:04 am
BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:35 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:09 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:00 pm
mslacat wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:31 pm
So i have been watching recruiting new on social media as Basketball all across the nation announce that they have received scholarship offers to from Montana State to play basketball. So roughly I have seen about 6-9 player announce offers for both the MSU men's and women's programs. A surprising high number for the women actually. All of the men's offer announcement have been for 2022 recruiting year (1 JC the remaining high schoolers), but for Binford's effort none, nada, zero 2022 recruits. To my knowledge Binford and her coaches over the past month or so have offered four 2023 (juniors to be), four 2025 (incoming HS Freshmen) and one 2026 (8th grader to be). It should be said, though the 2026 prospect started on her high school team as a 7th grader.

I have heard Binford already has a commitment for this year (2021) and possibly a 2022 commit as well although I do not know who these prospects might be. Binford lost only 2 players off of last years very good squad, On this years roster, the only senior (listed as such) is Gabby Mocchi. Mocchi though was a junior last year and as such she is automatically entitled to an additional year of eligibility if she requests it. Binford could return her entire team next year (22-23). Furthermore with the additional eligibility for Mocchi would be the only player loss for the 23-24 team. Now we will lose additional players through graduation or transfer, but the program is can take the players they want, and does not have to reload every year.
VanSickle is also a senior. Like Mocchi she will also have the option for an extra year.
Yes, Van Sickle is a Jr/Sr/Gr and I really doubt that she'll be back for the 22-23 season.

Any word on Casey Arden, this year point guard recruit, on if she has joined the team yet for the summer workouts or is she been indefinitely locked down by the Australian Army down under?
Ha! Well I couldn’t call her a Junior on any front. But OK.

In this team photo I think that is Casey Ardern….front row right? It’s Ashley number but don’t know that means anything in practice….not sure I have seen a good picture of Casey…she is only 5’5”.

I will slow this down for you. On all fronts, Van Sickle is a junior per NCAA eligibility rules, she is listed as a senior on the current roster, and she graduated this past spring. That is her front row right in the picture & Arden is not in the picture, unless you now think the one laying prone is her.
How do you get she is a Junior per NCAA rules? Please explain real slow…slower than slow….slower please.

2017-18 she played 31 games
2018-19 she played 22 games
2019-20 she sat out due to injury
2020-21 she played 24 games
2021-2022 will be her fourth year of eligibility (senior season) of play….how does the NCAA define this as a junior year of eligibility?

And yes I know she graduated academically this year.

Thanks for clarifying that is Ashley…looks thinner than last year.
2017-18 she played 31 games - FRESHMAN
2018-19 she played 22 games - SOPHOMORE
2019-20 she sat out due to injury - REDSHIRT
2020-21 she played 24 games - COVID - Not counted toward eligibility
2021-2022 will be her fourth year of eligibility (senior season) of play….how does the NCAA define this as a junior year of eligibility? - JUNIOR

DwaineF
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DwaineF » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:47 am

You get 5 years to play 4. (everyone) You can only play 4. If you do this in 4 years you are done. With the 2020 waiver you get 6 years to play 5. Because 2020 doesn't count whatsoever. She is technically a junior. Reality is that she will be a grad student. A great opportunity for these players.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:46 am

Thanks Cataholic & DwainF. Now, back to my question, does anyone know if Arden has joined the team in Bozeman or is she stuck in Australia?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:49 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:46 am
Thanks Cataholic & DwainF. Now, back to my question, does anyone know if Arden has joined the team in Bozeman or is she stuck in Australia?
From what I understand - as I have work colleagues all across Australia - the problem is not getting out of Australia, that's quite easy. It's trying to return, what with the limited flights allowed in, and the rest of the other protocols.

Seeing as how she will be attending school full time, her main concern would be if she wanted to return home for Winter break. There is a very low chance of her making it back home.l for the holidays So, as long as she plans to stay in the US until spring semester is done - and depending on the 'rona situation then - I'd say the only thing keeping her from being on the team is if she's concerned about getting back home at some point.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:53 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
mslacat wrote:
So i have been watching recruiting new on social media as Basketball all across the nation announce that they have received scholarship offers to from Montana State to play basketball. So roughly I have seen about 6-9 player announce offers for both the MSU men's and women's programs. A surprising high number for the women actually. All of the men's offer announcement have been for 2022 recruiting year (1 JC the remaining high schoolers), but for Binford's effort none, nada, zero 2022 recruits. To my knowledge Binford and her coaches over the past month or so have offered four 2023 (juniors to be), four 2025 (incoming HS Freshmen) and one 2026 (8th grader to be). It should be said, though the 2026 prospect started on her high school team as a 7th grader.

I have heard Binford already has a commitment for this year (2021) and possibly a 2022 commit as well although I do not know who these prospects might be. Binford lost only 2 players off of last years very good squad, On this years roster, the only senior (listed as such) is Gabby Mocchi. Mocchi though was a junior last year and as such she is automatically entitled to an additional year of eligibility if she requests it. Binford could return her entire team next year (22-23). Furthermore with the additional eligibility for Mocchi would be the only player loss for the 23-24 team. Now we will lose additional players through graduation or transfer, but the program is can take the players they want, and does not have to reload every year.
VanSickle is also a senior. Like Mocchi she will also have the option for an extra year.
Yes, Van Sickle is a Jr/Sr/Gr and I really doubt that she'll be back for the 22-23 season.

Any word on Casey Arden, this year point guard recruit, on if she has joined the team yet for the summer workouts or is she been indefinitely locked down by the Australian Army down under?

In this team photo I think that is Casey Ardern….front row right? It’s Ashley number but don’t know that means anything in practice….not sure I have seen a good picture of Casey…she is only 5’5”.

I will slow this down for you. On all fronts, Van Sickle is a junior per NCAA eligibility rules, she is listed as a senior on the current roster, and she graduated this past spring. That is her front row right in the picture & Arden is not in the picture, unless you now think the one laying prone is her.
How do you get she is a Junior per NCAA rules? Please explain real slow…slower than slow….slower please.

2021-2022 will be her fourth year of eligibility (senior season) of play….how does the NCAA define this as a junior year of eligibility?

20-21 didn’t count due to covid. She’s a redshirt junior per your list.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:51 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:49 am
arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:46 am
From what I understand - as I have work colleagues all across Australia - the problem is not getting out of Australia, that's quite easy. It's trying to return, what with the limited flights allowed in, and the rest of the other protocols.

Seeing as how she will be attending school full time, her main concern would be if she wanted to return home for Winter break. There is a very low chance of her making it back home.l for the holidays So, as long as she plans to stay in the US until spring semester is done - and depending on the 'rona situation then - I'd say the only thing keeping her from being on the team is if she's concerned about getting back home at some point.
No Arden has not joined team. Expected to join in August sometime if paperwork clears.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:32 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:53 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
mslacat wrote:

20-21 didn’t count due to covid. She’s a redshirt junior per your list.
Ok,ok,ok, ok…call her a junior if you want. But my original response was to mslcat post that Gabbi is the only one currently listed as a Senior on the roster. But on the online roster both Ashley and Gabbi are listed as seniors. Both Gabbi and Ashley have completed the same years of eligible play per the NCAA rules of eligibility. Academically Gabbi is a senior and Ashley is grad student. So you can count or not count Covid year but both face the same decision next year, I.e. to graduate from school and move on with life or stay for another year of eligibility. As someone mentioned already I don’t believe Ashley will return and I don’t know what Gabbi is thinking.

Also per DwaineF, yes you have 6 to play 4/5 but that doesn’t mean the school has to honor that extra year. Schools have to get back to NCAA scholarship levels in the 22-23 season and schools that have less funding capability may not have extra funds over normal scholarship levels this year and may release players. I would bet that is going to come more into play with some team football rosters…but that’s just me surmising. Coach Binford appears like she could accommodate both Ashley and Gabbi if they want to return….we will see how it plays out.

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:33 am

mslacat wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:36 pm
The first recruiting events of the summer took place for the men Last week and Twitter is popping with schools offering the high school and JC classes of 2022. The last few days I bet there has been 50-75 school offers announced per day. None though, is seems by Montana State. it is quite clear though our coaches have been on the recruiting trail as I have been seeing events announce what D-1 programs where attending what what events. I also think the coaches are again looking over seas. It appears the MSU recruiting net has been cast pretty wide net in terms of player position. The one exception though, as always, Danny seems to be looking hard at shooters. The thing is though, at this point it appears we will not have any scholarships to offer.

With the Covid event of 2020 all athletes were given an extra year of eligibility. With this the NCAA allowed teams this year to up their scholarship limit for 2021-22 for every 20-12 senior that chooses to return for 21-22. So the normal D-1 MBB scholarship limit is 13, but with Mohamed, Bishop and Adamu coming back this season MSU MBB was allowed 16 scholarships for 21-22. Kirby choose to graduate and move on, but we might have had 17 if Kirby chose to return. I have been told though (not 100% on this though) that the Max scholarship for all D-1 schools will drop back to 13 for 22-21. As state before Mohamed, Bishop and Adamu are MSU's repeating seniors and our only seniors. When they graduate this spring that will leave us 13 scholarships, and possibly no room to add any additional players. Now as stated before on average 2 or so D-1 players per team transfer per year so there is the possibility come next spring we will have spots to fill. To make thing a little more interesting we only have 1 junior (Belo). This will be a very young team this year.
What a great thing to see Belo listed as a Junior! Anyone else agree?

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

GrizgradCatFan

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:42 am

So any changes on the starting 5 for the cats predicted on both mens and womens?

dwainegf
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by dwainegf » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:05 am

I think it will be Bishop, Adamu, Osobar, Belo and Battle for the men with Fernandez, Mohamad, Tynes, and Gazales being the main contributors off the bench. Of course Paterson could get his shooting touch back and be a big piece.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:17 pm

dwainegf wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:05 am
I think it will be Bishop, Adamu, Osobar, Belo and Battle for the men with Fernandez, Mohamad, Tynes, and Gazales being the main contributors off the bench. Of course Paterson could get his shooting touch back and be a big piece.
Starting
PG Bishop
SG Adamu
SF Battle
PF Mohamed
C Bello

Bench
sf/PF/c Ososbor
PF/c Fernandez
G/sf Gazelas
g/SF Patterson
PG/sg Tynes
PF/c Lecholat

Confident about 4 of the starting 5. Will be a huge battle between Battle, Mohamed and Fernandez for the SF and PF spot for the first game in November. The final decision could come down to who fills Sprinkles needs verses best player. Osobor is going to be a beast, but his conditioning could limit his minutes early this year, by conference he could take fill a starting spot. Lecholat, who 4 month ago I had penciled in for a redshirt continues to make waves. I keep hearing really good things about him this summer and fall. I do not think he will challenge for a starting roll (unless we have a a slate of injuries'), but I think he could have a nice role coming off the bench.

Do not be surprised if a player, gets a starting spot or major minutes when the season opens, but finds themselves buried at the end of the bench come march. This team is talented and I could see some sleepers building a role for themselves come March.

Unfortunately with 16 scholarshipped players, I think a few very nice player might be disappointed in their playing time as is minimal.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:59 am

The football Gold Rush game is upon us today. While traditionally the first football game of the season it is also know for something else for those of us who follow basketball. The gold rush game is also the when Binford and Sprinkle (and his predecessors) have hosted their top priority recruits for the coming year, in hopes of getting a commit early. Hall, Frey, Bello and Patterson (among others) all tripped for the Gold Rush game. This year will, though be different. The men's program has no scholarships to offer, yet. All three of our seniors (and this true through-out the country) have scholrship exceptions for this year. Normally D-1 men's teams are allowed a max 13 scholarships (15 scholarships for the women). With our senior exceptions (granted because of Covid last year) MSU max scholarships this year is 16, but that will drop back down to 13 for 2022-2023. Without knowing whom might leave the program next spring, if any, the coaches are holding off on visits (program are only allowed a certain number of campus visits per year) until this winter and/or fall when they know more.

Couple interesting notes:
The transport portal hit and all time high this past year 2021 (1,700+ D-1 and D-2 players). This coming year, though, it is expected that this year's 2022 transfer numbers will blow away the 2021 by a fair distance. D-1 coaches, with limited scholarships available, this year, may just look to the portal (or JC's) first leaving very few scholarships available for high school kids.

You could look at that another way, there may be quite a few 2 and 3 star recruits falling through the cracks that a smart coach/program could benefit from

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:57 am

mslacat wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:59 am
The football Gold Rush game is upon us today. While traditionally the first football game of the season it is also know for something else for those of us who follow basketball. The gold rush game is also the when Binford and Sprinkle (and his predecessors) have hosted their top priority recruits for the coming year, in hopes of getting a commit early. Hall, Frey, Bello and Patterson (among others) all tripped for the Gold Rush game. This year will, though be different. The men's program has no scholarships to offer, yet. All three of our seniors (and this true through-out the country) have scholrship exceptions for this year. Normally D-1 men's teams are allowed a max 13 scholarships (15 scholarships for the women). With our senior exceptions (granted because of Covid last year) MSU max scholarships this year is 16, but that will drop back down to 13 for 2022-2023. Without knowing whom might leave the program next spring, if any, the coaches are holding off on visits (program are only allowed a certain number of campus visits per year) until this winter and/or fall when they know more.

Couple interesting notes:
The transport portal hit and all time high this past year 2021 (1,700+ D-1 and D-2 players). This coming year, though, it is expected that this year's 2022 transfer numbers will blow away the 2021 by a fair distance. D-1 coaches, with limited scholarships available, this year, may just look to the portal (or JC's) first leaving very few scholarships available for high school kids.

You could look at that another way, there may be quite a few 2 and 3 star recruits falling through the cracks that a smart coach/program could benefit from
Gonna be a bunch of kids left in the portal. NAIA should really watch the portal.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:49 am

We found -out who Binford was "BOOMING" about last month. Dylan Philip a 5-8 guard from Ellensburg Washington committed about a month ago to the the Bobcats. Ellensburg is considered a small washing to school and had a record of 9-2 last season. Philip averaged just under 20 points a game and about 5 steals a game. DM'ing with a local reporter he describer her game. She is one of the best shooters in the state of Washington, but can also drive. She is also a good defender, and is known for her pick-pocket abilities. He described her as "very athletic" and held d-1 offers in basketball and soccer. The Bobcats recruited her as both a shooting guard and point guard, but in high school she mainly plays shooting guard (on offence). On defense she tends to play the other teams best player. For basketball, she was being recruited mostly by "the northern" (I will let you determine what that exactly means) Big Sky Conference type teams. She said to have an offer from the Griz, but that might have been for soccer.

I have seen a ton of information on the Bobcat Women's 2023, 2024 and 2025, but Philip is the only 2022 player I have heard that the bobcats were actively recruiting (let alone get a commit from) in over 9-12 months. Moochi and Van Syckle are the only seniors listed on the Bobcat roster, but I believe both could claim an additional year of eligibility due to 2020-21 year not counting against their eligibility. Come this November Philip might be the only signee for the Bobcats fall recruiting class, which would be the smallest Bobcat Women's fall recruiting class is over a decade.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:18 am

mslacat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:49 am
We found -out who Binford was "BOOMING" about last month. Dylan Philip a 5-8 guard from Ellensburg Washington committed about a month ago to the the Bobcats. Ellensburg is considered a small washing to school and had a record of 9-2 last season. Philip averaged just under 20 points a game and about 5 steals a game. DM'ing with a local reporter he describer her game. She is one of the best shooters in the state of Washington, but can also drive. She is also a good defender, and is known for her pick-pocket abilities. He described her as "very athletic" and held d-1 offers in basketball and soccer. The Bobcats recruited her as both a shooting guard and point guard, but in high school she mainly plays shooting guard (on offence). On defense she tends to play the other teams best player. For basketball, she was being recruited mostly by "the northern" (I will let you determine what that exactly means) Big Sky Conference type teams. She said to have an offer from the Griz, but that might have been for soccer.

I have seen a ton of information on the Bobcat Women's 2023, 2024 and 2025, but Philip is the only 2022 player I have heard that the bobcats were actively recruiting (let alone get a commit from) in over 9-12 months. Moochi and Van Syckle are the only seniors listed on the Bobcat roster, but I believe both could claim an additional year of eligibility due to 2020-21 year not counting against their eligibility. Come this November Philip might be the only signee for the Bobcats fall recruiting class, which would be the smallest Bobcat Women's fall recruiting class is over a decade.
Thanks again for the updates and info!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:52 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:52 am
Awesome news! Welcome to the Bobcat family.

Sir Winston Churchill’s Marah Dykstra. (Photo by Wilson Wong property of Wilson Wong 2021. All Rights Reserved)
MARAH DYKSTRA
School: Sir Winston Churchill (Vancouver)
In 2021-22: Grade 12
Height: 6-foot-2
Position: Guard/forward
The skinny: A senior with blank Scrabble chip versatility, there is little she’s can’t do. A glue player.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:40 pm

imacat wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:34 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:52 am
Awesome news! Welcome to the Bobcat family.

Sir Winston Churchill’s Marah Dykstra. (Photo by Wilson Wong property of Wilson Wong 2021. All Rights Reserved)
MARAH DYKSTRA
School: Sir Winston Churchill (Vancouver)
In 2021-22: Grade 12
Height: 6-foot-2
Position: Guard/forward
The skinny: A senior with blank Scrabble chip versatility, there is little she’s can’t do. A glue player.
Sure hope this commitment is true. I watched some videos of her, off the internet, in what appears to be club level competition and the Scrabble chip analogy above is a great description. And for my very untrained eyes, I saw a tall girl who can take it to the basket with either hand, actually jump for rebounds, make strong beautiful passes with either hand, shoot the three, and fluidly run the court with or without the ball. For extra credit, she can also make bank shots too :D !

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:49 am

After a long period of time since I have heard/read of the Bobcat Coaches offing a 2022 recruit (this year) we get a VERY interesting offer come to light last night.

The Bobcats have offered 5-10ish (listed anywhere from 5-9 to 6-0) PG Adante Holiman out of McAlister HS in McAlistar OK. He is an ESPN 4 star prospect and a Rivals 3 star Prospect. last year as a junior he averaged 31 points 5 rebounds 5 steals 4 assists and shot 50% from the field. While that is exciting that is not the interesting part. He committed to Tulsa mid-march. It is reported that on the day he committed U of Arizona contacted him and asked him to reconsider. In late August he decommited (by who's choice is an interesting question) from Tulsa and opened up his recruiting. According to Rivals he has over 12 offers including Arizona, Arizona St, DePaul, Nebraska and Tulsa (who may still be in the picture). There are 24 schools Rivals says are showing strong interest. Over at verbal commits, though, they list only 6 offers, including Tulsa. All of them in the same recruiting wheel house as MSU.

I was fairly confused enough that I had to go back and make sure I had the same Adante Holiman, but unless there are 2 Adante Holiman who are listed at 5-9 playing for McAlester HS in Ok. it has to be the same guy. Just for giggles I went over to his twitter account to see who he may have mentioned as have offered. From most recent, Montana State, Texas Rio Grande Valley, Hofstra, Texas A & M Commerce, Arkansas, Northern Ill, Mississippi, St louis, Tulsa & U of Arizona are the offers I found.

So I did some more digging - and take everything I say here with a grain of salt. I have heard a lot of "Big" Schools were on him early because of his play as a sophomore and junior, but as time has gone by his height has become more of an issue (I am guessing he is closer to 5-9 than the 6-0 he lists on twitter). As I have mentioned before, college coaches have a very limited amount of scholarships this year and this may also effect the schools looking at him.

What ever the case, Holiman could have an instant impact on the Bobcats next year if they were able to sign him. With Bishop graduating, I think Holiman could battle our returning PG's and maybe win a starting spot ... again if we could sign him.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:16 pm

mslacat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:49 am
After a long period of time since I have heard/read of the Bobcat Coaches offing a 2022 recruit (this year) we get a VERY interesting offer come to light last night.

The Bobcats have offered 5-10ish (listed anywhere from 5-9 to 6-0) PG Adante Holiman out of McAlister HS in McAlistar OK. He is an ESPN 4 star prospect and a Rivals 3 star Prospect. last year as a junior he averaged 31 points 5 rebounds 5 steals 4 assists and shot 50% from the field. While that is exciting that is not the interesting part. He committed to Tulsa mid-march. It is reported that on the day he committed U of Arizona contacted him and asked him to reconsider. In late August he decommited (by who's choice is an interesting question) from Tulsa and opened up his recruiting. According to Rivals he has over 12 offers including Arizona, Arizona St, DePaul, Nebraska and Tulsa (who may still be in the picture). There are 24 schools Rivals says are showing strong interest. Over at verbal commits, though, they list only 6 offers, including Tulsa. All of them in the same recruiting wheel house as MSU.

I was fairly confused enough that I had to go back and make sure I had the same Adante Holiman, but unless there are 2 Adante Holiman who are listed at 5-9 playing for McAlester HS in Ok. it has to be the same guy. Just for giggles I went over to his twitter account to see who he may have mentioned as have offered. From most recent, Montana State, Texas Rio Grande Valley, Hofstra, Texas A & M Commerce, Arkansas, Northern Ill, Mississippi, St louis, Tulsa & U of Arizona are the offers I found.

So I did some more digging - and take everything I say here with a grain of salt. I have heard a lot of "Big" Schools were on him early because of his play as a sophomore and junior, but as time has gone by his height has become more of an issue (I am guessing he is closer to 5-9 than the 6-0 he lists on twitter). As I have mentioned before, college coaches have a very limited amount of scholarships this year and this may also effect the schools looking at him.

What ever the case, Holiman could have an instant impact on the Bobcats next year if they were able to sign him. With Bishop graduating, I think Holiman could battle our returning PG's and maybe win a starting spot ... again if we could sign him.

Since posting this here and also Tweeting this I have been told that Holiman has committed to DePaul only to then be told he has not.