IS UM any good?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

IS UM any good?

Post by gtapp » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:59 pm

Their QB is suspect, RB's are all freshmen but the D looks very good. SO are they good or just not playing anyone?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: IS UM any good?

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:05 pm

Seems like their defense is the real deal and they put up some points on offense last week. I'd imagine they're pretty darn good. We'll find out soon enough though.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:22 am

Yes. We may be their toughest remaining game. I'm preparing for a return of insufferable behaviors from that direction.

Not so sure about EWU.

Right now Weber is exactly who they always are, but like EWU, could easily start to drop off from Spring Season Fatigue as the season rolls on.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:43 am

CatBot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:22 am
Yes. We may be their toughest remaining game. I'm preparing for a return of insufferable behaviors from that direction.

Not so sure about EWU.

Right now Weber is exactly who they always are, but like EWU, could easily start to drop off from Spring Season Fatigue as the season rolls on.
What’s happening at EW? I’m expecting the Eagles to win at home vs. um. Unless they’re having some misfortune.

Yes, um is good. They’re a top four team in the BSC. I don’t think anyone knows what team is the best between the top four and let’s not forget about Davis.

CatBot

Post by CatBot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:11 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:43 am
CatBot wrote:

Not so sure about EWU.

What’s happening at EW? I’m expecting the Eagles to win at home vs. um. Unless they’re having some misfortune.

Yes, um is good. They’re a top four team in the BSC. I don’t think anyone knows what team is the best between the top four and let’s not forget about Davis.
No, just a feeling. After the wholesale slaughter in Forgo and watching the UNLV game, I don't think they have a very good defense. Not sure WIU will make much noise (maybe they will...), but as the season wear's on I see them dropping off. In the grizz game, I predict EWU will absolutely dial up offensive packages and score a bunch of points, but the grizz will likely pull away by a pretty good margin and win the game soundly. In another thread there was talk about NCU scoring a major upset, and EWU at home could be the one. Weber, Davis, and the Cats all can beat them, and several of us will IMO.

Like several of the spring teams, and in particular the one's the went to the playoffs, I really don't see them finishing the year strong.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:16 pm

gtapp wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:59 pm
Their QB is suspect, RB's are all freshmen but the D looks very good. SO are they good or just not playing anyone?
I had to chuckle a little bit about this one. :lol: I hate the Griz as much as the next Cat, but that win in Husky Stadium was very impressive - even though the jury is out on whether UW is a top 20 FBS team. My hunch is they would beat Wyoming right now, but I could be wrong. I think the Griz have a pretty good team this year, but there are some weaknesses that will be exploited at some point, but probably not until they play EWU. The only thing I am absolutely positive about - is that while good, they aren't as good as what a lot of UM fans think. :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:20 pm

CatBot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:11 pm
iaafan wrote:
CatBot wrote:

Not so sure about EWU.

No, just a feeling. After the wholesale slaughter in Forgo and watching the UNLV game, I don't think they have a very good defense. Not sure WIU will make much noise (maybe they will...), but as the season wear's on I see them dropping off. In the grizz game, I predict EWU will absolutely dial up offensive packages and score a bunch of points, but the grizz will likely pull away by a pretty good margin and win the game soundly. In another thread there was talk about NCU scoring a major upset, and EWU at home could be the one. Weber, Davis, and the Cats all can beat them, and several of us will IMO.

Like several of the spring teams, and in particular the one's the went to the playoffs, I really don't see them finishing the year strong.
Sometimes EWU has a way of rising up in big games and playing great defense. I bet they do that when UM plays on the red turf. Offensively, EWU is better and more explosive than UM. EB is an excellent QB. I think that game is going to be one for the ages.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:10 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:20 pm
CatBot wrote:
iaafan wrote:
CatBot wrote:

Not so sure about EWU.

Sometimes EWU has a way of rising up in big games and playing great defense. I bet they do that when UM plays on the red turf. Offensively, EWU is better and more explosive than UM. EB is an excellent QB. I think that game is going to be one for the ages.
Eastern should beat the Griz…EWU has the best offense and QB in the FCS. Add to that this will be the first home game with students in 2 years, a night game on ESPNU, and the Griz have never won on the red turf….it will be a game for the ages but EWU should win.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:14 pm

marceag wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:10 pm
Eastern should beat the Griz…EWU has the best offense and QB in the FCS. Add to that this will be the first home game with students in 2 years, a night game on ESPNU, and the Griz have never won on the red turf….it will be a game for the ages but EWU should win.
South Dakota State begs to differ...

CatBot

Post by CatBot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:12 pm

marceag wrote:
catatac wrote:
CatBot wrote:
iaafan wrote:
CatBot wrote:

Not so sure about EWU.

My opinion above in no way represents what I want to happen on the late evening of Oct 2. FYI

Also hoping you spank the MV this weekend. Hell, beat the crap out of the traitors SUU too. Then you can start laying eggs...

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:44 pm

CatBot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:12 pm
marceag wrote:
catatac wrote:
CatBot wrote:
iaafan wrote:
CatBot wrote:

Not so sure about EWU.

My opinion above in no way represents what I want to happen on the late evening of Oct 2. FYI

Also hoping you spank the MV this weekend. Hell, beat the crap out of the traitors SUU too. Then you can start laying eggs...
Haha, deal. I’m afraid spring ball will catch up to the team by mid November. Eastern did get lucky with all the tough teams at home this year and a 4 week stretch in the middle of the season with no travel, which is unheard of and should help the spring fatigue factor a bit….

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:16 pm
gtapp wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:59 pm
I had to chuckle a little bit about this one. :lol: I hate the Griz as much as the next Cat, but that win in Husky Stadium was very impressive - even though the jury is out on whether UW is a top 20 FBS team. My hunch is they would beat Wyoming right now, but I could be wrong. I think the Griz have a pretty good team this year, but there are some weaknesses that will be exploited at some point, but probably not until they play EWU. The only thing I am absolutely positive about - is that while good, they aren't as good as what a lot of UM fans think. :lol:
I think the jury is pretty well back in that UW isn't anywhere close to a Top 25 team. Sagarin's computers have them at 43.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:07 am

CatBot wrote:
Weber, Davis, and the Cats all can beat them, and several of us will IMO.

I agree but it's too bad Weber and UCD don't play the griz this year. I'm hoping to god that EWU and the cats can take them down a peg or two.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:19 pm

I can hear Hack now after EWU beats them. "obviously we were their super bowl. They only care about winning one game." I wonder if he really thinks that's a good excuse?

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:47 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:19 pm
I can hear Hack now after EWU beats them. "obviously we were their super bowl. They only care about winning one game." I wonder if he really thinks that's a good excuse?
Yes.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:08 pm

EWU puts up 55 on WIU.......in the first half.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:08 pm
WIU is NOT good.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:58 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:22 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
WIU is NOT good.
And only won by 6...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:11 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:58 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:22 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
WIU is NOT good.
And only won by 6...
Looks like EWU pulled the starters halfway through the 3rd, at least on offense.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Will M Knight play this fall? Still out with injuries?

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO