SDSU Scouting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:59 pm

I was just home for lunch, and found my two dogs had found themselves a little snack for lunch. BUNNY! Maybe I should bring it to the game and string it up somewhere?

GO CATS!!

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:05 pm

grizhatr: I'm sure you've got 3 or 4 PMs about tailgating already. :D

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:30 pm

I think the only people who will be surprised at how good SDSU will play will be some of the folks in the stands. Just because a team was D2 last doesn't mean diddley squat. There is very little difference between a good D2 team and a good I-AA program.

This will be a great test for both teams.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:43 pm

Yes - they lost to Cal Poly by only 7 - they beat NDSU, and they beat Southern. This will not be an easy game. :o

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:42 pm

Some folks are looking at this as a "throw-away" game, but the result of this game could have HUGE implications down the road...

A loss to the bunnies means we will NOT receive an at-large playoff bid. Think about it, if we lose to SDSU & don't win the Big Sky, the BEST our record could be is 7-4. Even though 1 of those losses is to CSU, there's no way we get into the playoffs. A win, however, and I believe we are still alive for an at-large bid.

Like it or not, Cat fans, if we lose this one, we HAVE to win the Sky.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:01 pm

I didn't think that there was such a thing as a throw away game. The CATS need to win every game and gain more and more respect. We win them all, and there should be no doubt about where we play Thinksgiving weekend. We all worry about a let down game, and I think that may be the case this weekend. GOD I HOPE NOT THOUGH!!!

The griz get their automatic home games each postseason becuase they take no prisoners. During the years when they were whipping us, they made it to the playoff a record number of years. How many throw away games do you think they played? This is the first year that I have really thought that the griz were gonna lose every week, not just to the CATS. (I hope that make sense) The griz have been lucky as have the CATS, but I would bet a huge chunk of my paycheck that the griz make the playoffs with a little as a 3rd place BSC finish. Not saying that that is where they finish, but that is the recognition that the griz have.

In short, we need to start thinking about December play way before the first snap in September. We need to get the mindset that we should be playing EVERY December.
Last edited by 94VegasCat on Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Kid Dakota
New Recruit

special teams the difference

Post by Kid Dakota » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:26 pm

Sorry about feeding into it with our little brothers to the north. As for the MSU/SDSU game. All aspects of the game seem even. I think it will be a very close game with special teams (returns= feild postion, kicking game) possibly being the difference.

South Dakota State University
(((FEAR THE RABBIT ))))
http://www3.sdstate.edu/
http://gojacks.com
http://www.gorabbits.com/

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:38 pm

"Fear the Rabbit"

:lol: I like that. :lol:

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:50 pm

How can you fear a rabbit? I really don't understand there point on this. Could someone enlighten me on this? To me a rabbit is a something put a spotlight on in the middle of the night and shoot. That's what we used to do anyway.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:10 pm

But what if you didn't have a gun... or a pickup... or even a spotlight? What if you were all alone, walking down a dark alley and looking for food cloaked in the safety of the night... and a rabbit came barreling along in a pickup with a spotlight and a gun? Who would fear whom then?

Okay, I was going for a little surrealism there, and I don't know if it worked or not. Scary bunnies of the cinema -- the rabbit from Donnie Darko (great film and even better soundtrack) and, of course, the bunny from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:29 pm

Just go ask Alice!

2024 Resume dominance

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:54 pm

grizhatr wrote:How can you fear a rabbit? I really don't understand there point on this. Could someone enlighten me on this? To me a rabbit is a something put a spotlight on in the middle of the night and shoot. That's what we used to do anyway.
If your ever driving from Sheridan to Casper at night in the summer/late fall ... BEWARE of the JACKRABBIT! They are all over the road. There was a MASSACRE on the road when I headed down to the CSU game earlier this year. I would say 3 dead rabbits every 10 feet MINIMUM. You hit one of those big jackrabbits going 85-90 and I would think that would do some major damage to your car/could make you go off the road :)

Seee, so they are DANGEROUS! :)

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:07 pm

BROTHER MAYNARD!

BRING US THE HOLY HAND GRENADE!!

- King Arthur, MP&THG

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:42 pm

Thanks for the insight everyone. I know I will sleep a lot better tonight.

Kid Dakota
New Recruit

here boy, come on, here puppy

Post by Kid Dakota » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:50 pm

here puppy, here puppy,come on, here boy, come on!

Now let turn our attention to.......

Here kitty kitty kitty, here kitty kitty kitty, it is almost Saturday come on kitty!

Like I said "Fear the Rabbit"

South Dakota State University
(((FEAR THE RABBIT ))))
http://www3.sdstate.edu/
http://gojacks.com
http://www.gorabbits.com/

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:07 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:If your ever driving from Sheridan to Casper at night in the summer/late fall ... BEWARE of the JACKRABBIT! They are all over the road. There was a MASSACRE on the road when I headed down to the CSU game earlier this year. I would say 3 dead rabbits every 10 feet MINIMUM. You hit one of those big jackrabbits going 85-90 and I would think that would do some major damage to your car/could make you go off the road :)

Seee, so they are DANGEROUS! :)

I remember! that was the weirdest thing I had ever seen! The highway looked like it was raining fur balls. There were splats all over the road! You'd think it would be a buzzards paradise!
Last edited by Helcat72 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2024 Resume dominance

orsalak
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by orsalak » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:58 pm

You guys all know that the animal that kills the most people in the US every year is the.......... DEER right!? Sometimes those soft cuddly animals are the most dangerous. On the other hand rabbits are a major food source for bobcats. So with this as my source of reasoning I don't think we should take the rabbits lightly but I do think the Cats will win in a close one. 28-23

22-0

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:29 am

94Vegascat wrote:This is the first year that I have really thought that the griz were gonna lose every week, not just to the cats.
Say what?? You really thought the GRIZ were going to lose all their games? You must have us confused with the bobkittens of a couple of years ago!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:10 pm

Eastcoastgriz wrote:
94Vegascat wrote:This is the first year that I have really thought that the griz were gonna lose every week, not just to the cats.
Say what?? You really thought the GRIZ were going to lose all their games? You must have us confused with the bobkittens of a couple of years ago!
Sorry, we beat the Griz a couple of years ago and made it into the playoffs. :D

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:36 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Eastcoastgriz wrote:
Sorry, we beat the GRIZ a couple of years ago and made it into the playoffs. :D
Think hard. Does the 2000 season ring a bell.