So … which moderator locked the Discussing the Issues forum?

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: So … which moderator locked the Discussing the Issues forum?

Post by rivercat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:29 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:17 am
kmax wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:25 am
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:51 am
kmax wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:58 am
chester Spartanpot wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:50 am
can we have the forum back if we show proof of vaccination and promise to wear a mask while posting? [-o<
Holy $&@#! A chester sighting?! All the pain has been worth it to see our brother from another MSU show up again.
Since we have your attention, I've never tested this "rule" out but is cursing not allowed on BN? Everyone always uses symbols instead of the actual words. Is that a rule and if so is it yours or the ad provider's?

It seems kind of childish to make people use symbols but I can also see the slippery slope. This thread and the old forum are perfect examples of how it would get out of hand.

I'm not suggesting a change, just curious.
I kind of do it out of habit honestly, the typing symbols for that I mean. There is word replacement in the system for exactly 4 words, that's it and they are just replaced with asterisks. It's been in place since the board started 17 years ago so I honestly haven't even thought about it much in a long time. Don't disagree it is a bit childish and probably why we kept it very limited in scope all that long time ago but yeah not difficult to see how it could become an issue (thanks chester for the assist here :lol: ).
I have an idea for consideration. Maybe add some words to the “word replacement” bin. I am thinking: Biden, Trump, Kamala, Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative, etc…. :lol: :lol: :lol: Some of these threads would be unreadable…

Regardless KMAX, sorry if we have created a beast in itself. As you can see, many posters have enjoyed conversations on topics outside of football. I could create a separate generic board but honestly, I already spend too much time here. Quite frankly, the anonymity that the board allows people to be a-holes. I bet requiring a name verification would immediately curb the aggressive nature of that board. You could do it by charging $1 via a credit card to verify the name.

Since the time you have removed the board made me realize just how much I enjoyed the fodder. As you are aware, the past couple of days have seen some dramatic events around the world. My initial reaction was I can’t wait to hear what others at BN think. I don’t discuss these issues openly in public. I don’t go to any other Internet boards. I just happened to check out this board when football was cancelled and the election was happening. I am going to miss it, but I won’t miss being called names by a select few. I will be the first to admit that my first reaction was to retaliate and that has gotten me in trouble, but overall, the site was much appreciated and enjoyed.

As with anything, we can all improve. There seems to be some good ideas - specifically some type of moderator. I think Egriz has like 10 of them. Maybe you will reconsider, but if not, I will still enjoy the football section. Thanks for your time and dedication.
Well said Cataholic.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:43 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:17 am

Quite frankly, the anonymity that the board allows people to be a-holes. I bet requiring a name verification would immediately curb the aggressive nature of that board.
The anonymity gives too much license to be a jerk to each other. I stopped posting anonymously long ago and would suggest the same for others. It can make a person take a beat and ask, “Do I really want to post THAT?!”

Now, I have definitely made regrettable posts, usually in the game day threads when I have had a couple delicious bourbons and feel like I could coach better than those who have lifetimes of experience and knowledge better than myself. :oops:

-Elias P. Harmon-

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:24 pm

I like the angrypirate even though I don't get it. Papa g does provide his name, has for a long time.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:48 pm

I AM SO ANGRYYYYYYY

LOUD NOISES

THE COMMIES ARE OUT TO GET ME

MY ENTIRE EXISTANCE HAS BEEN REDUCED TO ABSOLUTE RUBBLE

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 pm

I gave up anonymity the day I joined BobcatNation.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:33 pm

kmax wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:17 am
I keep seeing this so I'm going to try to clarify one thing. At NO TIME have I made mention of who or what was getting reported by the ad provider with the "Dangerous and derogatory content." If it was your content you would have been made aware of it. This whole narrative that those reports somehow targeted a certain group or "side" is something that has been fabricated here in this thread. It is not what happened, I never took sides nor did the ad provider. I'm sure some won't want to believe that. I don't get that mindset but I know it is going to happen based on the history here but it is the simple truth.
So somebody was telling your ad source and probably whoever runs the platform that there was “Dangerous and derogatory content” happening here and they squeezed you. That’s understandable.

Again, if you’d like to meet next Thursday in Bozeman or the following Tuesday I will take this board off your hands and grow it. You can have some sort of percentage of future ad revenue, but without seeing the numbers and structure of the ad contract, I don’t know what that offer is yet.
Last edited by PapaG on Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:41 pm

RickRund wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 pm
I gave up anonymity the day I joined BobcatNation.
I had my full name in my signature but it ended up with a few anonymous posters here who know me taking things too far and it bled into my life.

Many posters here do know who I am and that’s cool with me, and I do keep my first name and last name’s initial for all to see.

What a ride

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:25 pm

Look, let's not kid. You, me and everyone else here knows there is a 0% chance I sell this site to you. You made your offer, you can now claim that you tried to help and I turned you down which is what I assume you were after anyway. But on the off chance that you actually would like to create a Bobcat based community in the way you see is appropriate I'll give you a hand getting started. I've registered redwhitenblueandgold.com for you. Just let me know and I'll transfer the domain to you and you can build something where you have full control.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:59 pm

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:46 pm

kmax wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:25 pm
Look, let's not kid. You, me and everyone else here knows there is a 0% chance I sell this site to you. You made your offer, you can now claim that you tried to help and I turned you down which is what I assume you were after anyway. But on the off chance that you actually would like to create a Bobcat based community in the way you see is appropriate I'll give you a hand getting started. I've registered redwhitenblueandgold.com for you. Just let me know and I'll transfer the domain to you and you can build something where you have full control.
100% effing true.

But I'm sure he has Parler as his echo chamber. He'll be fine.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:38 pm

profisme wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:44 am
Rich K wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:37 am
This is the “Site Feedback and Announcements” forum. I think PapaG is definitely providing some site feedback.
If it was simply about feedback, sure. When you impugn the character of the creator of the board by saying he is trying to get Troy Andersen to wear a BN sweatshirt to classes for a fee or that he has an ulterior motive on how he moderates the board, without merit, that is something else. If you believe his intentions pure, good luck with that.
I floated ideas on how to grow this website. That’s all. Impugn my character? That will not stand.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:44 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:46 pm
kmax wrote:
100% effing true.

I don’t know what Parker is, but I’m interested in expanding the reach of a university with almost 20,000 students.

Now I do I now for sure why you wouldn’t sell to me, and why you shut down the DTI board.

Truth isn’t easy, and you’re trying to censor it. Not a surprise.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:48 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
kmax wrote:
100% effing true.

Good he shutdown of the DTA board confirmed as 100% political. I’m embarrassed for K.

What a ride

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:56 pm

And now I know that this whole thread has been nothing but a narcissistic plea for attention on your part. You don’t want to grow anything or you would go and do it. Now this thread can be done, thankfully. Go to the other boards and talk Bobcat athletics and take your other crap elsewhere.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:48 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:48 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
kmax wrote:
100% effing true.

Good he shutdown of the DTA board confirmed as 100% political. I’m embarrassed for K.
Gregory, there’s a reason that nobody, not the conservatives, and not the liberals, like you here. It’s because you’re a prick. Learn from it and grow.

chester Spartanpot
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by chester Spartanpot » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:46 am

chester has a feeling that kmax might be waking up next to a horse's head in the near future :shock:

allcat... google can help you out with angrypirate. also, you montana boys might want to give the Bronco a try :thumbup:

Ye... intruders... beware!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:09 pm

chester Spartanpot wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:46 am
chester has a feeling that kmax might be waking up next to a horse's head in the near future :shock:

allcat... google can help you out with angrypirate. also, you montana boys might want to give the Bronco a try :thumbup:
I ended up looking it up. I'm just not a social media guy and don't keep up. Gives a whole new meaning to"here's mud in your eye"

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:50 am

Makes me chuckle that kmax was so triggered by posters pointing out what a disaster Biden is that he shut down the “Discussing the Issues” board. Leftists can’t handle any criticism of their secular cult so they shut down any conversation that shows how stupid their ideas are in reality.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:51 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:48 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:48 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
kmax wrote:
100% effing true.

Gregory, there’s a reason that nobody, not the conservatives, and not the liberals, like you here. It’s because you’re a prick. Learn from it and grow.
OK buddy. Oh no! Nobody likes me according to this anonymous person!! Lmao

Loser

What a ride

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:34 pm

Thanks for the explanation as well Kmax - I had suspected that there was pressure from google as they have some control of the majority of internet advertising.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!