weather for saturday

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gfallscat
BobcatNation Letterman

weather for saturday

Post by gfallscat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:08 am

we akoke to snow in great falls today..has been pretty cold at night.

i was wondering the extended weather for bozo...
how that could play into the game...
what kind of field they play on...
etc

anyone have any answers?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:25 am

Extended forecast is mid 40's for temperature and 40-50% chance of rain on Saturday. I don't think it should affect much and I believe they play on a grass field so shouldn't be much change for them.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:27 pm

Update: Winter Weather Advisory for Gallatin County tomorrow. The capital letters aren't mine, that's how it appears on weather.com

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BEAVERHEAD-GALLATIN-MADISON- 1249 PM MDT FRI OCT 22 2004
... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 10 PM MDT SATURDAY FOR THE SOUTHERN HALF OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREAT FALLS MT HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY.

SCATTERED LIGHT RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS WILL MOVE INTO THE VALLEYS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA THIS EVENING... WHILE SNOW IS EXPECTED IN THE MOUNTAINS. THE PRECIPITATION WILL BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD AND STEADY ON SATURDAY MORNING... AND WILL THEN CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY ON SATURDAY. BY SATURDAY EVENING... TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN THE VALLEYS... WITH 3 TO 6 INCHES EXPECTED ABOVE 5500 FEET. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE NEAR THE CITIES OF WEST YELLOWSTONE AND MONIDA.

THE MENTIONED ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SNOW OR ICE IS FORECAST TO DEVELOP IN THE AFFECTED AREAS... BUT ACCUMULATIONS ARE GENERALLY EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT. WHEN TEMPERATURES ARE BELOW FREEZING... MOTORISTS NEED TO BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES... WHERE SLIPPERY SPOTS CAN EASILY DEVELOP.

ANYONE WHO HAS OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES PLANNED FOR SATURDAY SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR WINTER CONDITIONS.

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:33 pm

ouch :(

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:44 pm

Is Bozeman considered a part of the Southern Half of Southwest Montana for this though? They mention possibly more for West Yellowstone and Monida which are considerably further south, so maybe we will still only get the rain predicted before. At the very least travel for most coming from North, East, and West of Bozeman hopefully won't be too adversely affected.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:48 pm

I took it to mean 1 to 3 inch accumulations in most valleys and more than that in West Yellowstone and Monida. Of course, these things are usually wrong so we'll probably have beautiful sunny weather tomorrow.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:50 pm

Robcat wrote:ouch :(
Hey - bring it on. That sounds like football weather to me!!! I know it's not real conducive to good football but I love watching games in that kind of weather... 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:09 pm

MSU01 wrote:I took it to mean 1 to 3 inch accumulations in most valleys and more than that in West Yellowstone and Monida. Of course, these things are usually wrong so we'll probably have beautiful sunny weather tomorrow.
Yeah, the diagram I saw had Bozeman as the East most cut-off point of the adivsory. If your coming from Helena/Great Falls/Billings/Eastern Montana my guess it will start raining after you go over the Bozeman pass and into Bozeman. Billings is predicted a lot warmer on Saturday. It will probably be just like last week, scattered mild rain showers I bet.

These games are fun to watch in that type of weather!

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:56 am

Good news - the weather is fine, so far. No snow or rain of any sort last night. It is overcast right now (8:55 AM), and a little chilly but not cold. I am betting today's weather will be similar to last week's, which is fine by me. Come on out and have a good time, people!!!

GO CATS GO!!!