Future Leaders of the Dems

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Future Leaders of the Dems

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:18 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:15 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:24 pm
RickRund wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:48 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:18 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:03 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:43 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:42 pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -show.html

No idea if this is true....but wow. :shock:
Oh, I’m sure it’s true. I don’t think Hunter Biden will try to deny that it is.
Insane. I wonder where Hunter got all his racist tendencies? This is a bad bad look for the President. Again if it's true (i'm assuming it probably is).
Can you imagine the media if this was Donald Jr or Eric Trump? The media would have special news updates every 30 minutes.
Probably every 30 seconds. They would be starting investigations, maybe even impeachment proceedings.
Agree with both of you. I'm not a DT fan, I dislike him a lot in fact. But man the media would have TORN him apart for this. He would literally have had to testify before congress on the fact that he raised a racist son. It would have been BONKERS.
You guys need help? Telling someone they’re “my nigga” is a term of endearment. There’s even a song about it. Not surprisingly Qataholic is chiming in as he’s never one to look at anything past the surface.
There is something wrong with you. Please go to your group of friends and refer them the way Hunter did. Ask them if it is a term of endearment.
We do. Every day. All the time. Some of them are even, waaaaiiit for it, ……black!
:shock: ....holy S#&T. :shock:

Are you black? If you aren't that is an UNREAL statement.

I can't honestly believe you are defending a white person calling someone that, this is literally bizarro world.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

grizgirl
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:29 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 pm
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Insane. I wonder where Hunter got all his racist tendencies? This is a bad bad look for the President. Again if it's true (i'm assuming it probably is).
Can you imagine the media if this was Donald Jr or Eric Trump? The media would have special news updates every 30 minutes.
Probably every 30 seconds. They would be starting investigations, maybe even impeachment proceedings.
Agree with both of you. I'm not a DT fan, I dislike him a lot in fact. But man the media would have TORN him apart for this. He would literally have had to testify before congress on the fact that he raised a racist son. It would have been BONKERS.
You guys need help? Telling someone they’re “my nigga” is a term of endearment. There’s even a song about it. Not surprisingly Qataholic is chiming in as he’s never one to look at anything past the surface.
There is something wrong with you. Please go to your group of friends and refer them the way Hunter did. Ask them if it is a term of endearment.
We do. Every day. All the time. Some of them are even, waaaaiiit for it, ……black!

I can't honestly believe you are defending a white person calling someone that, this is literally bizarro world.
You’re in for a big surprise. Check current events or just do a search. He was complimenting him. When someone says, “you my nigga” it’s because they like you.

It’s okay. I’m not surprised a bunch of old, white guys don’t know this.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:33 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:29 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

You’re in for a big surprise. Check current events or just do a search. He was complimenting him. When someone says, “you my nigga” it’s because they like you.
Nice deflection. I'd love to watch a white person walk into a predominately black business/neighborhood etc and start throwing around this statement.

You are doing a pretty decent troll job, but man this is NUTS.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 pm

What does urbandictionary.com have to say on the topic?

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 pm
I don't use it so wouldn't know. How do you feel about it?

Rich K

Post by Rich K » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:25 pm

Of my circle of friends and acquaintances, only one person would use such language. He get chastised a lot. He doesn't care. He readily admits to being racist and claims he came out of the military that way. Whatever. He uses that language, several of us chastise him harshly. He is an old white man (approaching 80) and holds that he will not change his racism.

Personally I won't and don't use such language. It hurts my ears and my heart.

Defending use of such language or pretending it's not racist is just wrong.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:38 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
I don’t use the term. I wouldn’t let my kids use the term. That said, I know that term has been reappropriated and has been very prevalent in today’s pop culture as a term of endearment. So long story short, it’s complicated and I think it depends on the context and the intent.

In this case, I don’t know the context or the intent. But I’m a middle aged white dude, so who cares what I think on the topic? I’d be more interested in hearing from the black community on their thought/interpretations.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:00 pm

My daughter used to play on Mecklen Davis’s basketball team. When they’d practice he’d often have that song “My Nigga, My Nigga” playing. The kids loved it. They’d be bouncing around yelling “my nigga, my nigga!” I would be laughing my ass off. There was a CYE episode where Larry David and this character playing a Black rap star would call each other ‘my nigga’ and ‘my Caucasian’. Larry saying “you my Caucasian” to the rapper and the rapper being so happy to hear that was priceless.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:25 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

We do. Every day. All the time. Some of them are even, waaaaiiit for it, ……black! You guys are a bunch of boomers!!
In all seriousness, how old are you? Are you in high school and so immature that you would think this is a “term of endearment”. Are you in the rap world and use it on a daily basis? If I called my white attorney the n word, he would think I was nuts. Being a minority, I won’t even use the n word on a board like this. The word carries absolutely no term of endearment, especially in the business world. Please go into your work tomorrow and call everyone the n word and see what they think of you.

I can’t even believe that we are having this discussion where a liberal is defunding the use of the n word by a white guy. You need to grow the hell up.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:33 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:38 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
I don’t use the term. I wouldn’t let my kids use the term. That said, I know that term has been reappropriated and has been very prevalent in today’s pop culture as a term of endearment. So long story short, it’s complicated and I think it depends on the context and the intent.

In this case, I don’t know the context or the intent. But I’m a middle aged white dude, so who cares what I think on the topic? I’d be more interested in hearing from the black community on their thought/interpretations.
Liberals pass judgement every day on what people say. They passed judgement on Dr Seuss! Now you think it is okay for a white guy to use the n word in certain situations??? Seriously man. Take a stand instead of letting your political leaning dictate your response. This is a grown white man talking to his attorney, another successful grown white man, and referring to him as a “n word”. No business situation I can think of would think that is acceptable.

And seriously, if one of the Trumps said that, not one single one of you liberals would even try and defend the statement. It is only because it is a Biden.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:35 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:00 pm
My daughter used to play on Mecklen Davis’s basketball team. When they’d practice he’d often have that song “My Nigga, My Nigga” playing. The kids loved it. They’d be bouncing around yelling “my nigga, my nigga!” I would be laughing my ass off. There was a CYE episode where Larry David and this character playing a Black rap star would call each other ‘my nigga’ and ‘my Caucasian’. Larry saying “you my Caucasian” to the rapper and the rapper being so happy to hear that was priceless.
Maybe your daughter can enter the business world some day and just drop the n word with her associates! I am sure that would be fun! Probably get her a nice promotion! According to your liberals, it is a term of endearment. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:49 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:33 pm
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Nice deflection. I'd love to watch a white person walk into a predominately black business/neighborhood etc and start throwing around this statement.

You are doing a pretty decent troll job, but man this is NUTS.
She is not trolling though. She believes this.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:08 pm

This the song by YG, who I assume is Black:

I'm talkin 'bout puttin' on, ridin' out; Glocks in my ma's house
Front you with that work (I done fronted niggas work - OH-OHHH!)
You say you want that head up but we don't fight fair brah
Catch you slippin' from your backside, they knock you out
Ace gon' stomp you out then Buddah gon' stomp you out
(Has momma ever see you with a busted eye and busted mouth?!)
Nine milli pokin' out, fo-fizzy pokin' out
Death Row days, show you what this West Coast about
I'd die for my ******' nigga
Jump in front a bullet for my ******' nigga
On the stand I'd lie for my ******' nigga
Rob a bank, I'd drive for my ******' nigga
Real talk, I don't really ****** with too many niggas
Cause niggas drop a dime on you like a couple nickels
I be laughin' to the bank like the ******' money tickle
Drivin' somethin' that you ain't, top boss, suck a nipple
And I never put a ho before my bro, don't beef over no ho
And my niggas sell them keys if you can't open your door
Hope you ride for my ******' niggas
When it rains it pours, it's dry for me and my ******' niggas, he-heh
I kill for my ******' niggas
Vice versa, eyes red from the kush I blew white person
Got my middle finger on the trigger and with my little finger to you niggas
I swear it's ****** all y'all niggas... except my niggas
OWW! Tunechi!
I said that I'mma ride for my ******' nigga
Most likely I'mma die with my finger on the trigger
I've been grindin outside all day with my niggas
(And I ain't goin' in unless I'm with my nigga)
(My nigga, my nigga...)
(My nigga, my nigga) My ******' niggas!
(My nigga, my nigga) My nigga, my nigga
My nigga, my nigga - yeah...
Ohh! I done spent a million dollars on my ******' niggas (stacks)
You catch me out Chicago with them ******' hittas (stacks)
Call in RondoNumbaNine, Lil Durk will bring the trigger (Durk!)
And when we on that lean, we ain't ******' with the liquor (no)
I'm a buy a hundred bottles just to give it to the bitches (to the bitches)
...She keep likin' all my pictures
Cause she see the way I ball, how my wrist and that be lit up
Catch you at the red light, have 'em screamin' "Can't get up!" (YOU CAN'T)
Same nigga from the bottom, ain't a damn thing change
C-C-Catch me out in Collins screamin' "Money ain't a thang"
In a red Mulsanne, lookin' like I claim blood
And if homie ain't my homie then I know it ain't love
Screamin' out "4 Hunnid!" YG that's my nigga (my nigga)
Cause I been in the field life on the line wit' him (line wit' him)
And if it's really good, why I prolly die wit' 'em (die wit' 'em)
Cause when I need the choppers, I just tell Tock hit 'em - WHOA!
(My nigga, my nigga...)
I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I just got 250 thousand dollars for a verse, nigga
I-I don't know, is it me or it's your thirst, nigga?
You nig, you niggas ain't got no joints
Like a injured Chris Paul, you ain't got no point
I just come through with a couple bossy bitches
They get money too, they some "don't cross me bitches"
Flossy bitches, Sergio Rossi, bitches
And if we at the game then it's floor seat, bitches!
I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I ride for my bitches
I'm so ******' rich I cop rides for my bitches
Dollar menu fries, apple pies, other bitches
I drop a freestyle and get a rise outta bitches; bitches, my bitches
I need a nigga with some (Diff'rent Strokes) -- Todd Bridges
Shout out to my MAIN bitches and my side bitches
Need a nigga with some good neck -- ostriches
...My niggas
(My nigga, my nigga...)
New York to Compton
Got YG with me so don't get stomped in, uh-huh
Y'all know who the ****** it is
See I done preheated my oven to 350 degrees, BITCH!!
And when you come out, it's gon' burn you bitches like
You better get your ******' oven mitt, BITCH!
{"Mustard on the beat, ho!"} HA-HAAAAA!!!

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 54 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:14 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:08 pm
This the song by YG, who I assume is Black:

I'm talkin 'bout puttin' on, ridin' out; Glocks in my ma's house
Front you with that work (I done fronted niggas work - OH-OHHH!)
You say you want that head up but we don't fight fair brah
Catch you slippin' from your backside, they knock you out
Ace gon' stomp you out then Buddah gon' stomp you out
(Has momma ever see you with a busted eye and busted mouth?!)
Nine milli pokin' out, fo-fizzy pokin' out
Death Row days, show you what this West Coast about
I'd die for my ******' nigga
Jump in front a bullet for my ******' nigga
On the stand I'd lie for my ******' nigga
Rob a bank, I'd drive for my ******' nigga
Real talk, I don't really ****** with too many niggas
Cause niggas drop a dime on you like a couple nickels
I be laughin' to the bank like the ******' money tickle
Drivin' somethin' that you ain't, top boss, suck a nipple
And I never put a ho before my bro, don't beef over no ho
And my niggas sell them keys if you can't open your door
Hope you ride for my ******' niggas
When it rains it pours, it's dry for me and my ******' niggas, he-heh
I kill for my ******' niggas
Vice versa, eyes red from the kush I blew white person
Got my middle finger on the trigger and with my little finger to you niggas
I swear it's ****** all y'all niggas... except my niggas
OWW! Tunechi!
(My nigga, my nigga...)
Ohh! I done spent a million dollars on my ******' niggas (stacks)
You catch me out Chicago with them ******' hittas (stacks)
Call in RondoNumbaNine, Lil Durk will bring the trigger (Durk!)
And when we on that lean, we ain't ******' with the liquor (no)
I'm a buy a hundred bottles just to give it to the bitches (to the bitches)
...She keep likin' all my pictures
Cause she see the way I ball, how my wrist and that be lit up
Catch you at the red light, have 'em screamin' "Can't get up!" (YOU CAN'T)
Same nigga from the bottom, ain't a damn thing change
C-C-Catch me out in Collins screamin' "Money ain't a thang"
In a red Mulsanne, lookin' like I claim blood
And if homie ain't my homie then I know it ain't love
Screamin' out "4 Hunnid!" YG that's my nigga (my nigga)
Cause I been in the field life on the line wit' him (line wit' him)
And if it's really good, why I prolly die wit' 'em (die wit' 'em)
Cause when I need the choppers, I just tell Tock hit 'em - WHOA!
(My nigga, my nigga...)
I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I just got 250 thousand dollars for a verse, nigga
I-I don't know, is it me or it's your thirst, nigga?
You nig, you niggas ain't got no joints
Like a injured Chris Paul, you ain't got no point
I just come through with a couple bossy bitches
They get money too, they some "don't cross me bitches"
Flossy bitches, Sergio Rossi, bitches
And if we at the game then it's floor seat, bitches!
I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I ride for my bitches
I'm so ******' rich I cop rides for my bitches
Dollar menu fries, apple pies, other bitches
I drop a freestyle and get a rise outta bitches; bitches, my bitches
I need a nigga with some (Diff'rent Strokes) -- Todd Bridges
Shout out to my MAIN bitches and my side bitches
Need a nigga with some good neck -- ostriches
...My niggas
(My nigga, my nigga...)
New York to Compton
Got YG with me so don't get stomped in, uh-huh
Y'all know who the ****** it is
See I done preheated my oven to 350 degrees, BITCH!!
And when you come out, it's gon' burn you bitches like
You better get your ******' oven mitt, BITCH!
{"Mustard on the beat, ho!"} HA-HAAAAA!!!
That is some classy stuff. Is this what Mecklen was playing for practice?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:33 pm
wbtfg wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Liberals pass judgement every day on what people say. They passed judgement on Dr Seuss! Now you think it is okay for a white guy to use the n word in certain situations??? Seriously man. Take a stand instead of letting your political leaning dictate your response. This is a grown white man talking to his attorney, another successful grown white man, and referring to him as a “n word”. No business situation I can think of would think that is acceptable.

And seriously, if one of the Trumps said that, not one single one of you liberals would even try and defend the statement. It is only because it is a Biden.
Ok

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 pm

.....um. .....ok

I guess I need to explain that a black person calling another black person the n word is SIGNIFICANTLY different than a white guy saying it.

To use the rap instance, how many white main stream rappers use the n word?

If we are just picking words that are derogatory and labeling them “pop culture appropriated”, then it’s completely fine to call my Native American friends “injun or redskin”, my Asian friends “chinky” etc etc.

This argument you guys making is absolutely insane and completely ludicrous. I’m not saying a black person cant use it, but FOR FU&KS SURE I’m saying a white person shouldn’t be saying it to another white person or black person.

My head is spinning that we are even having this conversation. People now days are literally offended by EVERYTHING, including now needing to be labeled “they”, but somehow white people can call black people the “n” word ‘cause we threw an “a” on the end?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:32 pm

grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

It’s okay. I’m not surprised a bunch of old, white guys don’t know this.
Is an older white guy calling another older white guy a nigga endearing because it implies he has a big penis? I can't keep this all straight anymore, and Hunter's texts confused me.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:33 pm
wbtfg wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Ok
Lol... if Trump's son got caught using the N word, please tell me you'd agree the media, left liberal democrats would be absolutely exploding right now... :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

rivercat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rivercat » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:00 pm

I'm confused. Did TomCat justify what Hunter Biden said by referencing a song that exemplifies the societal problems of inner cities? If so, I give up. We are f**ked.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:12 pm

This has been an enlightening thread. Thanks Bbb!!

toM StUber