Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Montanabob » Wed May 12, 2021 11:14 am

All they need done by August is the locker rooms and the coach's offices.
Play ball.
Edit.... give the BSC Officials a tent for the first game.... \:D/

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 pm

Oh he'll, BSC officials only deserve cubicle partitions and no more.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed May 12, 2021 12:57 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 pm
Oh he'll, BSC officials only deserve cubicle partitions and no more.
100% and somehow, I could be wrong, but I believe a BSC crew did a quarterfinal and semifinal game this spring!

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed May 12, 2021 8:33 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 am
onceacat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am
Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.
We have pix on here from 2 weeks ago, and they were partially done hanging drywall. Zero doubt they are behind, because they’ve already pushed beck the completion date by a month.

I wouldn’t bet against them, but they are definitely going to need every last secon between now and Gold Rush.
Don't remember them pushing the timeline. They don't have to be 100% done to be able to move in and use the facility. Wouldn't surprise me if a small crew was still there for awhile after they move in.
Actually, they DO need to be 100% in order to have any use of the facility (I mean, you can do paint touch ups and stuff like that after move in, but they will need a certificate of occupancy in order to move in...which signifies 100% completion).

But that’s warranty work, not substantial completion.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed May 12, 2021 8:39 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:20 am
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.
We have pix on here from 2 weeks ago, and they were partially done hanging drywall. Zero doubt they are behind, because they’ve already pushed beck the completion date by a month.

I wouldn’t bet against them, but they are definitely going to need every last secon between now and Gold Rush.
Don't remember them pushing the timeline. They don't have to be 100% done to be able to move in and use the facility. Wouldn't surprise me if a small crew was still there for awhile after they move in.
Here are some completion months that MSU has posted online. Now, I don't know if these dates were wishful thinking on MSUs part or if the construction has been pushed back at all. The folks at the Alumni foundation are now targeting the middle of August, which is approximately three months away. I have my doubts about the BAC being completed by mid-August, but I'm not a part of the project (other than donating a lot of money to it) in any way. Keeping my fingers crossed though.

Carpet, flooring, lights, plumbing fixtures are all running 4-6 weeks longer than typical. I can only imagine what specialties like lockers, desks, auditorium seats are looking at for lead times right now.

I mean, in order to have a garage door installed at closing on a new house, you need to place the order when you break ground.

Martel could still pull it off...they are a best in class contractor.

But supply chains are such a disaster right now that it wouldn’t surprise me at all to find that critical materials were delayed into 2022.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed May 12, 2021 9:07 pm

onceacat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Here are some completion months that MSU has posted online. Now, I don't know if these dates were wishful thinking on MSUs part or if the construction has been pushed back at all. The folks at the Alumni foundation are now targeting the middle of August, which is approximately three months away. I have my doubts about the BAC being completed by mid-August, but I'm not a part of the project (other than donating a lot of money to it) in any way. Keeping my fingers crossed though.

Carpet, flooring, lights, plumbing fixtures are all running 4-6 weeks longer than typical. I can only imagine what specialties like lockers, desks, auditorium seats are looking at for lead times right now.

I mean, in order to have a garage door installed at closing on a new house, you need to place the order when you break ground.

But supply chains are such a disaster right now that it wouldn’t surprise me at all to find that critical materials were delayed into 2022.
Depends on if if they ordered them in Jan 2021 or July 2020.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed May 12, 2021 9:12 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:07 pm
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Exactly!! I am developing a new contrast injection device for Angiograms. Due to long lead times I am ordering my displays and all my PCBA's this week, one year in advance of when I need them. If you plan for these delays )that is, if you see them coming) you can still stay on schedule.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed May 12, 2021 9:15 pm

gtapp wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:12 pm
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Exactly!! I am developing a new contrast injection device for Angiograms. Due to long lead times I am ordering my displays and all my PCBA's this week, one year in advance of when I need them. If you plan for these delays )that is, if you see them coming) you can still stay on schedule.
Damn, that was to complicated for this board. Let me rephrase it for you..
I am bottling beer at home and I need to order my yeast an extra month in advance. The growlers need too be ordered six months in advance. Or I have to drink the beer out of the copper kettle.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu May 13, 2021 8:32 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:15 pm
gtapp wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

I am bottling beer at home and I need to order my yeast an extra month in advance. The growlers need too be ordered six months in advance. Or I have to drink the beer out of the copper kettle.
=D^ =D^ =D^ Now when written in my language I understand exactly what you mean...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 pm

Montanabob wrote:
gtapp wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Please tell me you aren't using growlers to bottle your beer.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri May 14, 2021 9:27 am

coloradocat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 pm
Montanabob wrote:
gtapp wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Please tell me you aren't using growlers to bottle your beer.
Yup. It's gone in a few days.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 14, 2021 9:32 am

gtapp wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

I'm not sure how many subs are working on this, but if one of them can't do work due for whatever reason, then it can throw the whole project timeline off.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:32 am
gtapp wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

I'm not sure how many subs are working on this, but if one of them can't do work due for whatever reason, then it can throw the whole project timeline off.
Methinks that everything will be "finished" to the point of use, with touch ups coming to completion after the season starts. Just going on my own experience with projects. The Martel team don't want to miss the deadline...for any reason!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:53 am

I think the "punch list" will be quite long. Not in a legal sense, but a bunch of small stuff.
Last edited by Hawks86 on Fri May 14, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 14, 2021 9:54 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am
iaafan wrote:
gtapp wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Methinks that everything will be "finished" to the point of use, with touch ups coming to completion after the season starts. Just going on my own experience with projects. The Martel team don't want to miss the deadline...for any reason!
I agree and didn't mean to sound like I was doubting things. Martel is a top notch company and seem very dedicated to MSU, so I assume they're doing everything possible to get this done as you stated.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri May 14, 2021 9:55 am

iaafan wrote:
gtapp wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Big construction companies are big for a reason. They meet their contract requirements of cost and schedule. And subs make sure they meet the contractor's needs or know they will never do work for them again and may be subject to fines.

I will bet the BAC finishes within the contract time and cost specs.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri May 14, 2021 12:17 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am
iaafan wrote:
gtapp wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Martel also knows there are more eyes on this project than probably any other construction project in the state right now, so they'll do everything in their power to get it done. If personnel is what they need, they'll pull them off other jobs. You worry about the things that are outside their control. They can throw their weight around to get moved up a priority list for supplies or subs, and hopefully that's all it'll take.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 17, 2021 8:37 am

You would think after the third or fourth time some knucklehead has closed the blinds and blocked the BAC camera that someone would get a clue and put up a sign that reads; “Don’t close the blinds!” ](*,)

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

norcal cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by norcal cat » Wed May 19, 2021 7:53 am

The night time cleaning crew closed the blinds again

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed May 19, 2021 7:59 am

I leave the camera up all day and check on it every couple of hours like something major is going to happen. They were moving some dirt around yesterday and I was like; OMG what are they doing? Not sure what I will do when it is all done.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN