Insurrection was an inside job?

A place to share your views and make your case on any issues fit to discuss.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Insurrection was an inside job?

Post by Cataholic » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:36 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:11 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:37 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:46 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:10 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/07/us/p ... -riot.html

Boehner Blasts Trump, Saying He ‘Incited That Bloody Insurrection’
Who shot & killed Ashli Babbitt?
https://time.com/5928249/ashli-babbitt- ... extremism/

Probably a Capitol policeman. Ashli Babbitt is becoming a far-right recruiting tool. The far-right is sinking to new depths almost daily. Absolutely frightening.
It was a Capitol policeman. The video is pretty clear and it was justified. She was stupid for doing what she did and he was doing his job.
I guess I saw a different video then you. It appeared to me that the cop gave no verbal warning and simply ambushed, at very close range, Ms. Babbitt from the side as she was trying to climb thru the window. But hey, a black cop (worst kept secret in DC) killing an unarmed white woman doesn’t fit the narrative now does it? So move along, nothing to see here, just a Trump supporter being stupid and getting what she deserved.

Flip flop the black & white for the shooter & victim, remove the Trump supporter piece, and the media (Democrats) would be full throttle race baiting this shooting.
Arvcat makes a pretty compelling argument. I was not aware the Capital police officer was black. I looked up an article and they are strangely protecting the identity of the officer. Can you imagine if a while officer shot a BLM protestor? That person would be public enemy number one.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/14/off ... -says.html

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:16 pm

Seems like you’re missing a few details doesn’t it. It’s almost as if she was inside of the capital building in an insurrection. If she didn’t want to die, maybe she shouldn’t associate with an aggressive crowd that chanted things like “hang Mike Pence” and was on the hunt for Nancy Pelosi? Could you imagine how many “protestors” would have died had that been BLM?

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:32 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:11 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:37 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:46 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:10 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/07/us/p ... -riot.html

Boehner Blasts Trump, Saying He ‘Incited That Bloody Insurrection’
Who shot & killed Ashli Babbitt?
https://time.com/5928249/ashli-babbitt- ... extremism/

Probably a Capitol policeman. Ashli Babbitt is becoming a far-right recruiting tool. The far-right is sinking to new depths almost daily. Absolutely frightening.
It was a Capitol policeman. The video is pretty clear and it was justified. She was stupid for doing what she did and he was doing his job.
I guess I saw a different video then you. It appeared to me that the cop gave no verbal warning and simply ambushed, at very close range, Ms. Babbitt from the side as she was trying to climb thru the window. But hey, a black cop (worst kept secret in DC) killing an unarmed white woman doesn’t fit the narrative now does it? So move along, nothing to see here, just a Trump supporter being stupid and getting what she deserved.

Flip flop the black & white for the shooter & victim, remove the Trump supporter piece, and the media (Democrats) would be full throttle race baiting this shooting.
So storming into the Capitol building and breaking through the glass where security is protecting the senators, etc... was acceptable to you? What do you have to say about the police standing there letting all of this happen?

If that was anyone, I'd expect him to do the same thing.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:54 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:32 pm

So storming into the Capitol building and breaking through the glass where security is protecting the senators, etc... was acceptable to you? What do you have to say about the police standing there letting all of this happen?

I bet these posts are coming from those "thin blue line" "stand-your-ground" proponents. Of course when it comes to an insurrection those beliefs go out the window... The extreme right is more than happy to conveniently forget what they stand for when it comes to their actions. :? :?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:08 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:54 am
CatBlitz wrote:

I bet these posts are coming from those "thin blue line" "stand-your-ground" proponents. Of course when it comes to an insurrection those beliefs go out the window... The extreme right is more than happy to conveniently forget what they stand for when it comes to their actions. :? :?
You two are missing the key point that arvcat brought up:

The policeman who took the shot was black. The intruder was an unarmed white female who was also a Trump supporter. What would the public’s reaction have been if the roles were reversed: white police officer shoots unarmed black woman who is Antifa or BLM? I would expect that the public outcry would be completely different.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:08 am
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

The policeman who took the shot was black. The intruder was an unarmed white female who was also a Trump supporter. What would the public’s reaction have been if the roles were reversed: white police officer shoots unarmed black woman who is Antifa or BLM? I would expect that the public outcry would be completely different.
In the context of an insurrection at the Capital building, no. I think this is a little goalpost moving here.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:55 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:19 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

In the context of an insurrection at the Capital building, no. I think this is a little goalpost moving here.
I will respectfully disagree. The recent events in Columbus are a great example. A white policeman shoots a young black lady armed with a knife to protect another young black female, and the policemen then becomes the subject of death threats. Media pundits and celebrities also attack the police officer.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:27 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

This argument makes absolutely no sense. To think of an insurrection based on gender or color displays sexism/racism or more likely a lack in this instance a lack of common sense.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:41 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:27 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

This argument makes absolutely no sense. To think of an insurrection based on gender or color displays sexism/racism or more likely a lack in this instance a lack of common sense.
I'm not sure I follow?
I'm just saying that in the context of an insurrection, I don't think it matters who's doing it, it's wrong at the onset. If the roles were reversed I'd have the same opinion on what happened.

The Butcher
Member # Retired

Post by The Butcher » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:59 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:41 pm
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

I'm not sure I follow?
I'm just saying that in the context of an insurrection, I don't think it matters who's doing it, it's wrong at the onset. If the roles were reversed I'd have the same opinion on what happened.
Sorry- I should have been clearer. Cataholic’s argument is nonsense.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:11 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:59 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

I'm not sure I follow?
It was actually my argument and Cataholic, who admirably has the energy to verbally take you lefty BlueAnon’s on, was supporting it. Anyway, thanks Masterbutcher, coming from you means everything.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:16 pm

The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

I'm not sure I follow?
Seriously guys. It is not that hard to comprehend. Here is my post again:

The white female was unarmed and a Trump supporter. The cop was black. If this was Antifa or BLM storming the capital, and a white cop shot an unarmed black female, the liberal media would have covered this incident completely different.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:56 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:16 pm
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

I'm not sure I follow?
Seriously guys. It is not that hard to comprehend. Here is my post again:

The white female was unarmed and a Trump supporter. The cop was black. If this was Antifa or BLM storming the capital, and a white cop shot an unarmed black female, the liberal media would have covered this incident completely different.
Lol. We understand what you're saying. We're just saying that we disagree.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue May 04, 2021 9:33 am

How fitting.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 am

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 am
LOL :rofl:

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri May 07, 2021 10:21 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 am
LOL :rofl:
On another thread I posted the "twinkie defense" used by Dan White.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/twinkie_defense

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed May 12, 2021 2:34 pm

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed May 12, 2021 2:40 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:34 pm
Man these people are dumb.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed May 12, 2021 3:48 pm

Wonderful, honest person here.