Rant - receivers in the news

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:02 pm

How many coaches would stump around the state year after year like a politician selling his program? Maybe bobby Hauck doesn't need to, but you hardly see him outside of the larger cities around Missoula. I don't know about other coaches in the Big Sky, but I doubt they do it.

2024 Resume dominance

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:00 pm

I was just talking about this in Billings with some folks (about Kramer promoting the program). There are lots of people that make the trip from Billings, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, etc. for every home game because of Kramer's tireless efforts to get around this state nearly every week. I think we're really seeing those results in our crowd numbers this year. Many are saying just the opposite about Durham's willingness to promote his program (don't know if its true-just what I've heard).

I'm just curious-does anybody have an idea what percentage of a typical Bobcat football crowd come from outside the Gallatin Valley? 30% maybe? If you don't know-make something up.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:29 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:I was just talking about this in Billings with some folks (about Kramer promoting the program). There are lots of people that make the trip from Billings, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, etc. for every home game because of Kramer's tireless efforts to get around this state nearly every week. I think we're really seeing those results in our crowd numbers this year. Many are saying just the opposite about Durham's willingness to promote his program (don't know if its true-just what I've heard).

I'm just curious-does anybody have an idea what percentage of a typical Bobcat football crowd come from outside the Gallatin Valley? 30% maybe? If you don't know-make something up.
31.6 % with an error factor of + or - 3%, according to my poll. On a serious note, probably quite a bit as I've had trouble getting motel rooms the past 3 weekends...

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:41 am

Using the tactics of professional coaches as a guide for success for college coaches is not accurate. College players are a whole different breed. Rather have your son play for Woody Hayes or Tom Osborne? Bear Bryant or Bobby Bowden? Bill Parcells (just for effect) of Sonny Lubick/Dennis Erickson/Tyrone Willingham? It's a matter of preference and for my college age son I'll take the teacher/leader over the screamer/intimadator any day of the week. Some (great) coaches are the whole package and know when to turn up the heat and when to pat on the a$$. Parcells, by his own admission is incapable of that. Besides, guys like Osborne and Bowden have "bad cop" assistants.

Not choosing sides, but for the record....after 54 games-
Cliff 25-29, Mike 23-31. Record two seasons prior to their arrival, Cliff 6-16, Mike 10-12. Cliff vs. griz=never beat them. Mike 2-2. Cliff to the playoffs =0. Mike 2.