SUU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: SUU

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:18 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:09 pm
How in the world did KIm Aiken end up at EWU? The guy should be in the Pac-12.
He is a real good player. It will take some luck tomorrow and some big time shots to fall, in order for the Cats to win. If EWU plays inside out like they are doing right now and rebound like they are right now, the Cats won’t have an answer. The snowflakes on here might get mad, but EWU is by far and away a better team compared to MSU. I’m hoping for an upset and a bad shooting night from EWU, so I can eat medium rare crow.

Working on getting a group to head over tomorrow, will know more later tonight.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:23 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:18 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
He is a real good player. It will take some luck tomorrow and some big time shots to fall, in order for the Cats to win. If EWU plays inside out like they are doing right now and rebound like they are right now, the Cats won’t have an answer. The snowflakes on here might get mad, but EWU is by far and away a better team compared to MSU. I’m hoping for an upset and a bad shooting night from EWU, so I can eat medium rare crow.

Don’t see how anyone could get mad. Simple fact for a UM or an MSU this year is EWU just can out talent them. And in UMs case, out experience them as well. Not a good combo. Team to beat in the Big Sky and will likely be next year as well.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:25 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:18 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

The only glimmer of hope I can see...EWU lost at home to ISU last week. That's what gave SUU the #1 seed. So they aren't perfect. Groves got owned by ISU's center in that game. EWU turned around and blew ISU out the next game. We're going to have to have one of those Villanova vs. Georgetown kinda nights. It would be one of the most improbable wins ever if it happens.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:30 pm

This is awesome

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:35 pm

Adamu, Belo help MSU outlast SUU in overtime, advance to championship
https://skylinesportsmt.com/adamu-belo- ... mpionship/

WATCH: Big Sky men’s semifinal – Montana State outlasts Southern Utah
https://skylinesportsmt.com/watch-big-s ... hern-utah/

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:39 pm

There was something a couple weeks ago about the griz having one of the worst losses in program history. "Hold my beer " Griz down 34, 53-19.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:57 pm

Interesting listening to the two coaches in the presser. Sprinkle praised the refs for letting them play. SUU coach Simon whined that his team usually goes to the line a lot more than today. Basically, the key to success for the Bobcats is Jubrile Belo being allowed to play. He got 8 blocks. For some Big Sky crews those 8 blocks would have been 8 fouls.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:21 am

nevadacat wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:08 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:06 pm
I think I'd pay to listen to Joe Cravens call BB games. Good announcing crew on the men's side.
Am wishing they called the women’s.
I think Joe did the women’s the first year in Reno. He knows his basketball and the league like nobody’s business, and keeps up with all the new players, too. I thought his comment on Sprinkle was a classic — “I sure like him better now than when he was playing against us!”

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 am

It was fun and intense to watch. I loved the “Choate” take them into to deep waters analogy! You learn good grasshopper!

This game, I believe, will be looked back upon as the game that turned the corner for Coach Sprinkle and the program. Proud to be a BOBCAT!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:48 pm

What a great win. A lot of people on this board have been complaining for weeks about a late season collapse. Have a big bite of crow! Way to go Sprinks!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:38 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:48 pm
What a great win. A lot of people on this board have been complaining for weeks about a late season collapse. Have a big bite of crow! Way to go Sprinks!

Yup. I have been as frustrated as anyone. Happy to eat a big plate of crow on that one!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Well, when the Cats go through their yearly late season swoon and give an Idaho team their ONLY victory of the season, I think there was good reason to be skeptical.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:47 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:54 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Well, when the Cats go through their yearly late season swoon and give an Idaho team their ONLY victory of the season, I think there was good reason to be skeptical.
Yeah, the swoon did happen and we backed into the tournament like we always do. That is something Sprinkle needs to extract from our DNA and toss into the burn barrel.