Why can't Wyoming ever make it to MSU for a game?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Why can't Wyoming ever make it to MSU for a game?

Post by CatfaninGA » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:57 am

What's up Wyoming AD's butt? Is it so hard for them to make it to the fieldhouse for a game for once? Why is it that we always have to play in Billings or on Wyoming's home court for this game?

Tickets to Montana State's First Interstate Bank Border War men's basketball game against Wyoming on December 4 go on sale Saturday, October 23, at Billings' MetraPark Arena.

Tickets for the game, scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 4 at 7 pm, are available at the Metra Ticket or at www.tickets.com, and are available at the Bobcat Ticket Office in Bozeman's Brick Breeden Fieldhouse during weekday business hours. Tickets cost $50 for Floor seats, $30 for Premium, $15 for reserved seats, $8 for adult general admission, $5 for student general admission, and $25 for a family of five.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:35 pm

I think for the last few years we have been alternating between Billings and Casper not Laramie. I know we played in Laramie about 8-10 years ago but lately it has been a neutral site for both "home" teams. I don't really like it either but I don't think they want to risk coming to Bozeman. I was surprised to see we got CSU to come up last year.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:32 pm

The game is a big pay day for the Billings booster club which donates it to our Athletic Scholarship fund.

2024 Resume dominance

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:50 pm

Helcat72 wrote:The game is a big pay day for the Billings booster club which donates it to our Athletic Scholarship fund.
And its a lot of fun! I think last time in Billings you could pay the 30 bucks and you got treated to ticket/food/drink downstairs before the game (kind of like an inside tailgate party). You could talk to all the Wyoming fans and stuff. Its a really good atmosphere and If you can make it to Billings you should go! One side is Cat fans and the other side are POKES fans and they go back and forth at each other with cheering etc :).
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:51 pm

Plus, Eastern MT and Northern WY have plenty of Cats and Pokes fans. It gives a lot of people their only chacne to see either of these teams play each season. Didnt somewhere around 8,000 show up in Billings last year or the year before?

I like the fact that this game is in Billings/Casper. Keep it up. :D

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:15 pm

The Cats go to Billings for the payday and exposure, but they play their worst ball at Metra, and it's like a home game for the cowboys. Their fans turn out from Northern Wyoming, more than Cat fans. It would be much better basketball in Bozeman and Laramie, but it's really a money thing, which is imortant these days.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:10 pm

velochat wrote:The Cats go to Billings for the payday and exposure, but they play their worst ball at Metra, and it's like a home game for the cowboys. Their fans turn out from Northern Wyoming, more than Cat fans. It would be much better basketball in Bozeman and Laramie, but it's really a money thing, which is imortant these days.
I agree Velo, but the money it makes is the key!!

2024 Resume dominance

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatfaninGA » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:33 pm

Oh I agree it's all about the money. Maybe the MSU fans should show up and make the METRA the home away from home for the team, show them pokes.