SDSU predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:37 pm

theblackgecko wrote:SDSU is getting better. However, I have to question Lulay running his mouth about the importance of the game before the game is played. (In response to Comical comments.)
Still, the defense knows the importance of this game, and SDSU is better, but it is a basketball school. Wins over DII teams, SWAC teams that fear playoffs, and NDSU doesn't make me a believe in SDSU. Montana State needs this game, regardless of what some might think.
Bobs 28, SDSU 10.
They only lost to Cal Poly by 7. Cal Poly is a very solid top 10 team.(Ranked ahead of the Griz at #3 in the country in the GPI as of now). That's enough to get my attention. :shock:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:55 pm

Does SDSU have a site like this? I'd like to read their comments. Thanks for any help you can give.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:01 pm

You can go to SDSU's message board at http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl#SDSU I have been over there trying to drum up a bit of excitement for the game, come over and give me a hand. :wink:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Gentle Ben
New Recruit

Post by Gentle Ben » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:41 pm

Cats 31
jrabbits 17

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:37 pm

Gentle Ben

Good to see you on here man. Let me know if you're going to be at cat/griz this year. We'll have to meet up.

Tell your bro congrats!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Saturday Prediction

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:24 pm

Just listened to the coaches show from yesterday. Not much discussion regarding the game this weekend, however Kramer did sound pretty confident in a very tough game resulting in a W for us. He also said this team has a lot of similarities with the 84 championship squad. (Wouldn’t that just be a kick-butt Cinderella story to win it all this year? We’re a looonnng ways from that but stranger things have happened.) Anyway, he did hint that he was not real happy with the goose egg in the QB sack column, or even any real pressure for that matter. S.D. State’s O line is very good, like PSU’s was, but I’m guessing we see their QB in the dirt on Saturday. Sounds like Fuller is recognizing some mistakes and has worked on a few things. I expect to see improved play from him on Sat. as well.

We’ll average a TD per quarter plus a couple FG’s for a total of 34 points vs. 27 points for the bunnies.
:D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:29 pm

Thanks for the info Catatac. I agree pressure on the QB was nothing like we have become used to and that needs to improve - especially with our CB situation. Speaking of which, I wish Fuller nothing but the best, how much has that kid taken this year and he just keeps going. Kramer keeps saying how we will be talking about him in a few years and laughing about his freshman season. If his heart and stick-to-it attitude are any indications Kramer may be right.

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:40 pm

There's absolutely no reason to think that this game won't come down to the last few seconds.

I wouldn't change a thing for the Cats...might as well limp along in the first half and run around with their hair on fire in the second half.

Cochrane by another field goal.
Last edited by Bleedinbluengold on Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:18 pm

My contrarian game pick worked like a charm last weekend, so I'm going to double-down on this theory:

Wascally Wabbits 28
Bobcats 27

Go Wabbits (you bastards!)

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:11 pm

I wouldn't compare this team with the 84 team at all. That team could score a lot of points. They won some tight games, but blew some good teams out, too. That defense was more like last year's. The offense was very consistent and productive. This year's team has potential, but it is not yet realized. They'll need to get a lot better to beat EWU, NAU or um.

Kid Dakota
New Recruit

all Bobcat fans, we invite you

Post by Kid Dakota » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:20 pm

kmax thanks and all Bobcat fans, we invite you over to the SDSU board for game talk.

Even though we plan on pounding your football team in 2 days we still like you Bobcats. As a matter of fact people in the Dakotas love Bobcat, yea it goes great with ketchup.

Seriously your welcome anytime, come on over and register on the board

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

South Dakota State University
(((FEAR THE RABBIT ))))
http://www3.sdstate.edu/
http://gojacks.com
http://www.gorabbits.com/

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:45 pm

Cats 24
Rabbits 14

"Qwiet....I'm hunting wabbit"
- Elmer Fudd

Come to think of it, it is opening weekend.