Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:14 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:14 pm
Legit question here, maybe someone knows. With the final design/build of the BAC in the endzone, I just don't see how endzone seating is going to work. I mean, all those coaches' offices and views out of the 2nd floor to the field, won't work with seating there. You don't get seating with a 12 foot elevation to the second floor. I can only assume seating plans have changed since the first concept? Maybe just seating enclosure on the east/west edges of the BAC building? I'm having trouble visualizing the end result.
No direct knowledge here, just from what I’ve paid attention to over these last few years, conversations in different threads, etc. But I don’t believe there has been any change in that plan. I think the eventual plan is still to do a small bowl, maybe 10 rows or so? And yes, that looks like it’ll block the view of the field from the coaches office. But at that point, it looks like the facility that’s being built now could be added on to with a third level, and that creates those “super suites” that would be above the new bowl and have a good view of the field.
So in the end, the coaches offices won’t have a view of the field. But whoever is in the corner office would still have a view of the Bridgers.
One of the people who helped out on the design of the BAC wrote a while back about the end zone plans. He wrote that there will be a walkway along the window level of the structure in the future, so the window view will not be blocked.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:49 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:14 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:14 pm
Legit question here, maybe someone knows. With the final design/build of the BAC in the endzone, I just don't see how endzone seating is going to work. I mean, all those coaches' offices and views out of the 2nd floor to the field, won't work with seating there. You don't get seating with a 12 foot elevation to the second floor. I can only assume seating plans have changed since the first concept? Maybe just seating enclosure on the east/west edges of the BAC building? I'm having trouble visualizing the end result.
No direct knowledge here, just from what I’ve paid attention to over these last few years, conversations in different threads, etc. But I don’t believe there has been any change in that plan. I think the eventual plan is still to do a small bowl, maybe 10 rows or so? And yes, that looks like it’ll block the view of the field from the coaches office. But at that point, it looks like the facility that’s being built now could be added on to with a third level, and that creates those “super suites” that would be above the new bowl and have a good view of the field.
So in the end, the coaches offices won’t have a view of the field. But whoever is in the corner office would still have a view of the Bridgers.
One of the people who helped out on the design of the BAC wrote a while back about the end zone plans. He wrote that there will be a walkway along the window level of the structure in the future, so the window view will not be blocked.
Must have missed that. Thanks.

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:44 am

They are going to town on the roof this morning. Putting down what looks like an 8" thick Styrofoam block sandwiched between two sheets of plywood.
This thing is really starting to pick up speed. Lots' of guys working on it.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:39 am

Forecast for the next week looks great for roofing. Make hay!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:14 am

Lots of visual progress being made this morning. Walls and roofing.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:52 pm

Can you imagine being a new coaching walking into a facility upgrade like this? Here is your brand new office that over looks the stadium and the mountains. Best of both worlds.

Punters are people too!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Looks like a bunch of the players are getting a tour of the BAC today.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:31 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:27 pm
Looks like a bunch of the players are getting a tour of the BAC today.
Or possibly a new Head Coach. :wink:

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:12 pm

It seems (probably untrue) that the foundation of the structure is taking forever to construct. Is that true? If so, is it because supplies have been difficult to obtain due to covid? To anyone that knows the construction world, is there still a chance this structure is finished by kickoff on Sept 11th?

Hating the griz since 02.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:18 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:12 pm
It seems (probably untrue) that the foundation of the structure is taking forever to construct. Is that true? If so, is it because supplies have been difficult to obtain due to covid? To anyone that knows the construction world, is there still a chance this structure is finished by kickoff on Sept 11th?
I talked with the Alumni foundation a couple of months ago and they said the construction was actually ahead of schedule.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:06 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:12 pm
You have to let concrete cure.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Brad_CAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Brad_CAT » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:49 pm

View from inside the coaches offices and position meeting rooms. Image

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Brad_CAT wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:49 pm
Nice, and it looks like they will have floor to ceiling windows in there too. Pretty cool.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:04 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:56 pm
Brad_CAT wrote:
Nice, and it looks like they will have floor to ceiling windows in there too. Pretty cool.

That is an epic office setting! Half the people at my company don’t even have windows. Just blows my mind how people can sit in a room all day with no windows.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:19 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:04 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:56 pm
Brad_CAT wrote:

That is an epic office setting! Half the people at my company don’t even have windows. Just blows my mind how people can sit in a room all day with no windows.
I worked with a General in the Pentagon that complained all the time about not having a window, so we bought a window frame, taped a nice country scene to the back of it, put some drapes on the sides of the frame, and hung it in his office. It was actually kind of cool.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 pm

Bocephus wrote:
I haven't had an office window in 15 years. Only time I appreciate that is in the winter. :lol:

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:19 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 pm
Bocephus wrote:
I haven't had an office window in 15 years. Only time I appreciate that is in the winter. :lol:
Windows??? Im second in command of my office and I still sit in a cubicle. The walls are short though? So I have a better view of the tiled ceiling. :lol:

Hating the griz since 02.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:52 pm

I have an window in my office. So nanny nanny boo boo....

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:33 pm

I got offered a job with a window. I turned it down because my dad had been fired there like 50 years ago. Oh wait that was a guy named Lubick.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

bcatfan1

Post by bcatfan1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:44 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:19 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Windows??? Im second in command of my office and I still sit in a cubicle. The walls are short though? So I have a better view of the tiled ceiling. :lol:
My last name is on the building I work in. And my office doesn't have a window.... But it does have a beer fridge. Good trade off, I guess. :-D

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.