Destiny AGAIN???

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:36 pm

El_Gato wrote:Meat,

I'm not talking about the SCHOOLS, per se; I'm talking about the performance of our student-athletes. Trust me when I tell you that if you really start digging, you'll find there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in academic performance at the 2 schools.

If you don't care, then why bring up academics at all as you did earlier?

Just take your lumps as we do in football most times & admit that when it comes to academics, your school should be aspiring to achieve OUR level of achievement. Based on my & others here ability to be objective & admit where the Griz are & have been superior, I had hoped for better from you on this topic.
Where did I bring up academics? Here's my quote on it....
El,
I'm not going to get into the arguement of which school is better. It's a dead end argument. Both schools are good academically.
Also, how do you know the school that was foolish enough to give me a degree was UM?.....ah mysteriousness. Where did Meat go to college? News at 11:00. Arguing about this is pointless because I've NEVER (notice the capitalization) said that UM's student athletes outperform the Cats.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:40 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:Law
Physical Therapy

NEXT!!!
Please, PLEASE don't group us Physical Therapists in with the lawyers!!! :wink:
aaah, we know what BozoneCat does for a living, and where he got his degree (UM?).

ElGato, I hope you haven't been offending a fellow Cat fan. :wink:

By the way BCat, I've had this crick in my neck...... :wink:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:46 pm

CTOWM, didn't you know I am a second-year Physical Therapy student here in Missoula? I have always been completely upfront about that, never hidden it, and I am proud to be a part of the PT program here at UM. We have a tremendously strong program (99% pass rate on licensure exam, compared to ~75% average), and it is very difficult to be accepted into the program (~25-30% acceptance rate). I did graduate from Montana State with a degree in pre-med, though.

I have always had the impression that UM has good graduate programs (PT, law, forestry, pharmacy), but its undergrad programs leave something to be desired. Having been here in school, I still feel that UM has good grad programs, but I have learned a bit about the undergrad programs. I think the business school is solid, and I assume the arts programs are pretty good although I don't really know much about them. I don't have a lot of respect for the undergrad science programs - compared to the curriculums at Montana State, the science programs here are seriously lacking.

GO CATS GO!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:12 pm

I think the business school is solid
The business school isn't THAT solid. In fact, the UM business program has been in danger of losing their accreditation, while the MSU business program has been thriving. Our accounting program has been #1 in the nation for the last two years running, and our entraprenur program is in the top ten in the nation. Our program is in no danger at all of losing accreditation, and in fact is the best business program in the state of Montana.

When it comes to receiving the best undergraduate education in the state, MSU is heads an shoulders above every other school in the state...unless of course, it is a program that MSU doesn't offer.
Last edited by wbtfg on Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:24 pm

BozoneCat wrote:CTOWM, didn't you know I am a second-year Physical Therapy student here in Missoula? I have always been completely upfront about that, never hidden it, and I am proud to be a part of the PT program here at UM. We have a tremendously strong program (99% pass rate on licensure exam, compared to ~75% average), and it is very difficult to be accepted into the program (~25-30% acceptance rate). I did graduate from Montana State with a degree in pre-med, though.
Nope, didn't know that. I've heard it's a great program and difficult to get in. You obviously have some smarts. Good luck with the rest of your schooling. Do you go to most Griz games?

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:00 am

Nope. I have been to 1 griz game since I've been in school here, this year's opener against Maine. I come to Bozeman for every single game, and often go on the road to watch the Cats. If there isn't a home game and I can't travel, I often go back to Bozeman to work for the weekend. I still have a house in Bozeman, and my brother and friends are there, so I like to go back as often as I can.

Frankly, I can't wait to get out of Missoula. I can't stand the attitude of the people here. Every day when I read the letters to the editor, I just want to bang my head against the wall - I can appreciate not agreeing with someone if they can make a logical argument, but the ignorance in most of the people here with their far-left ideology is mind-boggling.

I would be very surprised and highly doubt that UM's business school will lose it's accreditation. I don't at all dispute that MSU has a better program, the fact of the numbers backs that up. But that doesn't mean the school here is terrible. They have been very fortunate to have some great donors who have provided them with a wonderful new building. Their greatest asset is a program MSU does not provide, international business - in today's marketplace, this is very valuable.

GO CATS GO!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:42 am

Their greatest asset is a program MSU does not provide, international business - in today's marketplace, this is very valuable.
Both schools have an international business prorgram, and it is offered as a minor at both schools.
Requirements at MSU

Credits
ECON 314--International Economics 3
MKTG 441--International Marketing 3
MGMT 464--International Management 3
General Electives 14
Restricted Electives 6

Requirements at UM:

Required: ............................................................................... Credits
MGMT 368 International Business .............................................. 3
MGMT 480 Cross-Cultural Management .................................... 3
FIN 473 Multinational Financial Management and Accounting .... 3

And one of the following: ............................................................. 3
MGMT 465 World Trade and Commerce
MGMT 485 Seminar in Contemporary International Issues
As you can see, both programs are fairly similar. UM may have a bit of a leg up when it comes to the language options, as they have a great foreign language program.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:07 am

BozoneCat wrote:Frankly, I can't wait to get out of Missoula. I can't stand the attitude of the people here. Every day when I read the letters to the editor, I just want to bang my head against the wall - I can appreciate not agreeing with someone if they can make a logical argument, but the ignorance in most of the people here with their far-left ideology is mind-boggling.
I feel the same about Helena. I read the editorial's like I would the comics. Pretty entertaining to say the least.

badasscat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by badasscat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:51 pm

Thats cause the best place to live in MT is Bozeman.
Last edited by badasscat on Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:56 pm

Not bad dumbasscat only 3 days since we talked about the mythical 1956 championship against St. Jospephs Girls School of Fort Lick Ind. get over it. Can I say Griz Envy. 1:45 PM on the dot skipping 6th period?

Edit: Hey you can't change your post on me thats not right.
Last edited by jagur1 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four