Choate to Texas - Co-DC - Inside LB Coach - Confirmed

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Choate to Texas - LB Coach - Confirmed

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:22 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:17 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:40 pm
imacat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:31 pm
Of all the people to hook my wagon to ... Steve Sarkisian would be at the bottom of my list. This is a real head scratcher.
This.

Sark and Texas is like Kanye and Kim’s marriage, doomed from the start and Jeff’s trying to be the ring bearer. I just don’t get this.
I know because all the insiders here told me he’d never leave for anything other than a Head Coach job.

Choate was willing to go to be DC at UDub but Texas pays more for a lesser role.
Why don't you wait and see what happens when the details shake out? I think we're all shocked and probably agitated right now but there is absolutely more to this story than we know right now.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:22 pm
PapaG wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
imacat wrote:
Of all the people to hook my wagon to ... Steve Sarkisian would be at the bottom of my list. This is a real head scratcher.
This.

Sark and Texas is like Kanye and Kim’s marriage, doomed from the start and Jeff’s trying to be the ring bearer. I just don’t get this.
I know because all the insiders here told me he’d never leave for anything other than a Head Coach job.

Choate was willing to go to be DC at UDub but Texas pays more for a lesser role.
Why don't you wait and see what happens when the details shake out? I think we're all shocked and probably agitated right now but there is absolutely more to this story than we know right now.
What more to this is there on the story? I told you in this thread Choate was looking for options. UDUb was a consideration for him. He chose Texas as a co-DC/linebacker coach. Expect Texas with Kwat and Choate to improve on defense almost immediately. Then Jeff gets his HC job at a P5 school in three years.

I already explained why he’d make this move when the UDub DC job opened. Who wouldn’t take almost $1 million a year to leave MSU?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:31 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
imacat wrote:
This.

Do we ever find out what (cue Paul Harvey) the rest of the story is when someone leaves/gets fired? If anything Choate will give the pc answer that it's an opportunity to coach at a prestigious football program with former colleagues. We'll never find out if Cruzado/Costello are the real reason or if it's something else.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:34 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
imacat wrote:
This.

What more to this is there on the story? I told you in this thread Choate was looking for options. UDUb was a consideration for him. He chose Texas as a co-DC/linebacker coach. Expect Texas with Kwat and Choate to improve on defense almost immediately. Then Jeff gets his HC job at a P5 school in three years.

I already explained why he’d make this move when the UDub DC job opened. Who wouldn’t take almost $1 million a year to leave MSU?
No way in hell he would have left this way, and said nothing to the players if there wasn't more to the story.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:35 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:31 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
imacat wrote:
This.

Do we ever find out what (cue Paul Harvey) the rest of the story is when someone leaves/gets fired? If anything Choate will give the pc answer that it's an opportunity to coach at a prestigious football program with former colleagues. We'll never find out if Cruzado/Costello are the real reason or if it's something else.
You might be right, we may never know. But someone somewhere will have a tidbit or two they'll share at some point I'll bet.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: Choate to Texas - Co-DC - Inside LB Coach - Confirmed

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Most likely the news got out before he got a chance to talk to the players. It’s not uncommon.

Blixtonz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Blixtonz » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:39 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:34 pm
PapaG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
imacat wrote:
This.

No way in hell he would have left this way, and said nothing to the players if there wasn't more to the story.
Agreed

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Maybe he demanded an indoor practice facility and was denied....poof he's gone!

2024 Resume dominance

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:01 pm

#UnfinishedBusiness????
More like
#StillLooking
#GrassIsGreener
#HookemHorns

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:05 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:39 pm
Maybe he demanded an indoor practice facility and was denied....poof he's gone!
He made mid-level corporate management money as the CEO of the Bobcat football program and had amazing success.

Now he gets to move into the big leagues and make nearly $1M a year in Austin.

Why did anyone think otherwise?

What a ride

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:12 pm

I gotta say. I would have been happy for Choate if he got the job at BSU. But after the “unfinished business” BS and talking about how happy he was to still be in Bozeman, this feels like a kick to the nuts. And I can’t even imagine how the players feel.
Maybe there’s more to the story. Or maybe he had 1 foot out the door already. 🤷‍♂️

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:14 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:12 pm
I gotta say. I would have been happy for Choate if he got the job at BSU. But after the “unfinished business” BS and talking about how happy he was to still be in Bozeman, this feels like a kick to the nuts. And I can’t even imagine how the players feel.
Maybe there’s more to the story. Or maybe he had 1 foot out the door already. 🤷‍♂️
That’s about where I am too.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:15 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
There is no more to the story. Choate leveraged the DC job at UDub into a bigger salary in Austin.

Why do people put faith into other humans? Who else would want to make almost $1M a year at a traditional power coaching their passion?

What a ride

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:19 pm

The spring season opt out make a whole lot more sense by a university that knows their head coach has one foot out the door.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:20 pm

If you look at Choate's track record, he never has stayed in one place very long. His 4 years at MSU is a long stay for him, but I wish it was longer.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:21 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:47 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:36 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:30 pm
Don’t blame him, I would leave Bozeman as well. The whole city is ran by a bunch of spineless bureaucrats that wouldn’t know a good thing if it sat on their face.

Congrats coach Choate you deserve it, good luck buddy.
Why are you even a fan at this point? Just stay out of Bozeman and Bobcat stadium if you hate it so much.
Haha, typical. Bozeman sucks, but you won’t find a bigger fan than me. 9 tickets, 2 tailgate spots, never miss a game, but yeah the city of Bozeman isn’t Bozeman anymore. It’s Ca, NY, CT, NH, MN, & ME all rolled together in a pile of yuppy ******.
Don't forget CO and VT, two more yuppie, liberal breeding grounds. And you're absolutely right, Bozeman has changed a TON in the last 20 years. Loved going to school there, but I will NEVER live there again. Transplants have ruined it.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 pm

IF - IF....IF he accepted this as he's packing his suitcase and headed to the airport, and IF - IF he in fact did not have that conversation with his team (there are players on Twitter shocked to have heard this), then everyone can take their culture building, The Right Cat, integrity stuff and blow it out your rear end. Cause that would be a very ****** thing to do.

I'm willing to wait for the whole official story on this. I hope everyone else is too, before also throwing Costello or anyone else under a bus in this.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:31 pm

The way this went down reveals a side of Choate I did not want to admit was there. All talk ... no cattle.

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:33 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:15 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
There is no more to the story. Choate leveraged the DC job at UDub into a bigger salary in Austin.

Why do people put faith into other humans? Who else would want to make almost $1M a year at a traditional power coaching their passion?
I think you’ve been right and spot on all along in this. And others here who guaranteed he wouldn’t leave for anything less than a head coach should be careful to ever guarantee things. Im probably just pissed and venting but they need to own it and admit they screwed up. As for Jeff’s new salary, do we know what that looks like. I saw another poster say the coach in that role before him was around 500,000.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:35 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:15 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:

If it was about the money why did he come to MSU at all? Especially to go right back to where he was as a position coach.