Spring football schedule

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Spring football schedule

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:08 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:15 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:31 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:50 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:30 am
Just drove by and they're back out there. I'm sure Matt "Douche Bag" Kelley will try to hold attendance to fifty people for all home games. Of course, all masked up and spread out.
I’m right there with you it’s a ****** joke. All the issue could be fixed if people let people choose to attend functions at their own risk. If your afraid of the virus don’t go anywhere, but don’t try to tell me how to live my life, simple as that. I was in Bozeman last week for work and a lady asked me to wear my mask as I was walking down the street. Give me a break you pretentious bitch, as she is walking around in her lululemon’s with five shopping bags in hand. Maybe she should shop from home and drink her five bottles of wine if she is so concerned, while her husband walks around with a laptop and a scarf around his neck drinking his soy latte.
Some real douchers have invaded my town. I like to treat the rude, with rudeness. It's the only thing they understand.
"Your" town, huh? I was unaware that Bozeman belonged to anyone. Maybe try viewing it as "our" town instead of "my" town will change how you look at things, and apparently how you treat people. The Montana I know and love is a place where people treat each other with friendliness and respect, not rudeness and judgment. Now, making a snarky to comment to someone as they are passing by you on the street to wear a mask isn't really the right thing either, so if it happened that way, I'm not defending that comment. If it was asked in more of a polite way because maybe that person has a medical condition or something, you might not like it but I certainly wouldn't get all bent out of shape about it. Either way, is it really worth spending two seconds being upset about it? Move on and forget it, life is too short.
Hi-Line Bobcat is from Malta. I said my town, because I grew up in Bozeman and still live here. But thanks for the lecture. As I see, you don't live here either. So you really don't have a clue what living in Bozeman is like in 2021. But please tell me some more, Karen from Boise.
I lived in Bozeman for a decade and my family still lives there, so I do actually have a pretty good idea what Bozeman is like in 2021. Sorry if you don't have thick enough skin to accept some much-needed criticism, snowflake. The people I grew up with in Montana would kick your ass for acting that way, and I believe most true Montanans would still do so. You are a disgrace if you truly act that way, but I'm guessing you're all internet tough guy talk.
Want to bet? I'll pm you.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:30 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:30 pm
Lol.....

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:59 pm

Woof, this place just went all Egriz. Take your political beliefs to the Hangout, Issues, or Smack boards. We all have our beliefs and emotions, please don't take this fun escape away from me.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:23 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:12 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:01 pm
Boise's mayor has gone so far as to try and intimidate nearby cities with penalties because they will not "toe her line"...
I'm not going to opine on the politics from militant right-wing Northern Idaho, so maybe you should stay in your lane and talk about things you actually know something about. This isn't true, but it's a popular lie perpetrated by the Parler crowd around here. She doesn't have any authority to enact penalties like you're talking about, and I think she has enough trouble managing Boise right now to add that to her plate while lunatics harass her and her family at home.
Wrong bozone. Didn't get it from Parler. Here you go!!! Didn't want to post any more none football stuff but didn't like being called a liar. Now back to our regular broadcast schedule...

https://idahofreedom.org/boise-city-hal ... ver-masks/

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:01 am

Again, take all political opinions to a different forum. For the love of everything, can we not have one place to enjoy?!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:35 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Boise's mayor has gone so far as to try and intimidate nearby cities with penalties because they will not "toe her line"...
I'm not going to opine on the politics from militant right-wing Northern Idaho, so maybe you should stay in your lane and talk about things you actually know something about. This isn't true, but it's a popular lie perpetrated by the Parler crowd around here. She doesn't have any authority to enact penalties like you're talking about, and I think she has enough trouble managing Boise right now to add that to her plate while lunatics harass her and her family at home.
Wow! I'm sorry. I just realized you're gay. My apology. Please go back to your regular penis sucking schedule.
I’ve been going back and forth about responding to this comment. I find it interesting that there are people still out there that react with statements like this, using “gay” and “penis sucking” as some sort of a slur or put down.
I thought about an officer I knew that led one of our units during the Iraq invasion. He was a fine officer and leader, tough as nails and supremely competent in everything he did. In fact, after the invasion, he was awarded two bronze stars, one of which was for valor. I never thought about his sexual preference, never really cared. I just thought he was a great leader and someone I admired. After don’t ask, don’t tell was rescinded and gay men and women could serve openly, that officer came out as being gay. I shrugged it off as irrelevant, but a few officers and high ranking civilians were openly laughing and mocking him. Funny, since none of those guys disparaging him had anywhere near the career accomplishments or showed the heroism he did in combat. Anyway, that fine officer retired a full colonel, married his longtime boyfriend, adopted a baby girl, and lives happily in Georgia. He is my friend and someone I admire and I still don’t care that he is gay.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:13 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 am
PHAT CAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Wow! I'm sorry. I just realized you're gay. My apology. Please go back to your regular penis sucking schedule.
I’ve been going back and forth about responding to this comment. I find it interesting that there are people still out there that react with statements like this, using “gay” and “penis sucking” as some sort of a slur or put down.
I thought about an officer I knew that led one of our units during the Iraq invasion. He was a fine officer and leader, tough as nails and supremely competent in everything he did. In fact, after the invasion, he was awarded two bronze stars, one of which was for valor. I never thought about his sexual preference, never really cared. I just thought he was a great leader and someone I admired. After don’t ask, don’t tell was rescinded and gay men and women could serve openly, that officer came out as being gay. I shrugged it off as irrelevant, but a few officers and high ranking civilians were openly laughing and mocking him. Funny, since none of those guys disparaging him had anywhere near the career accomplishments or showed the heroism he did in combat. Anyway, that fine officer retired a full colonel, married his longtime boyfriend, adopted a baby girl, and lives happily in Georgia. He is my friend and someone I admire and I still don’t care that he is gay.
=D^ =D^ =D^

Hating the griz since 02.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Nothing of value would be lost if you never posted here again.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:47 am

AFCAT wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Thank you for this. I'm usually one that asks for people to not respond to the trash comments as it only keeps pushing threads off topic, but this was excellent. As someone else said, political and smack talk has it's own areas let's try to get things around here back to talking football. That said, the reply by Phat Cat above has NO place on this board and I have warned him of such.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:15 am

Back to the Spring Schedule... it sounds like someone said the team is practicing? I was hoping Colter or someone might have some additional info on the outlook here, or maybe I missed it. I'd think there are discussions happening behind closed doors right now about how this Spring season is going to play out if it actually happens. Would all teams participate sans Sac State? Any fans? Is anyone going to play their studs or just treat it like an NFL Pre season? Maybe nobody has any of these answers, who knows.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:50 am

catatac wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:15 am
Back to the Spring Schedule... it sounds like someone said the team is practicing? I was hoping Colter or someone might have some additional info on the outlook here, or maybe I missed it. I'd think there are discussions happening behind closed doors right now about how this Spring season is going to play out if it actually happens. Would all teams participate sans Sac State? Any fans? Is anyone going to play their studs or just treat it like an NFL Pre season? Maybe nobody has any of these answers, who knows.
I saw someone working out on the field that looked like a player when I was checking the construction cam. Couldn't tell if anyone else was out there though.

If I were a player, I think I'd want to play and play as hard as possible. Considering it was something I had worked almost my entire life for, I wouldn't want to let any opportunity to get on the field and excel go by the wayside. On the other hand, I'd also be thinking, 'is this worth it.' I'd be really bummed out if I got hurt during this half-season and then have to miss the full season.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:53 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:50 am
catatac wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:15 am
I saw someone working out on the field that looked like a player when I was checking the construction cam. Couldn't tell if anyone else was out there though.

If I were a player, I think I'd want to play and play as hard as possible. Considering it was something I had worked almost my entire life for, I wouldn't want to let any opportunity to get on the field and excel go by the wayside. On the other hand, I'd also be thinking, 'is this worth it.' I'd be really bummed out if I got hurt during this half-season and then have to miss the full season.
Yeah, the whole team was out there yesterday afternoon. Looked like they were just doing warm up drills.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:00 pm

Team is practicing. Everyone going forward like there is going to be a spring season. I can't imagine a team with this staff would half-ass a spring season in fear of injury for the fall season but who knows?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:08 pm

Are they formal practices or player run practices?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:41 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:23 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Wrong bozone. Didn't get it from Parler. Here you go!!! Didn't want to post any more none football stuff but didn't like being called a liar. Now back to our regular broadcast schedule...

https://idahofreedom.org/boise-city-hal ... ver-masks/
So rather than Parler, you are linking to an article from the IFF? I can't take anything they say seriously, it's a propaganda machine for the uber-right. Still, if you read the article, it alludes to Mayor McLean making these threats, but actually says that Boise officials were the ones who called these businesses. Per my understanding, all these businesses are in Ada County, which is under these restrictions, so if the businesses are not complying, then that's a little different story. Now, arguing about whether or not we agree with the restrictions is another thing, but rules are rules.

BTW, I didn't call you a liar. I said that there are a lot of outright lies being perpetrated about the Boise mayor by the far-right crowd in southern Idaho (funny enough, most of whom do not reside in Boise or Ada County). I'm sorry if you thought I was calling you a liar, that wasn't my intent.

GO CATS GO!!!

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:45 pm

AFCAT wrote:
I didn't think it was necessary to respond to the post, I didn't want to go down that rabbit hole. But what a great story, thank you!

GO CATS GO!!!

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:46 pm

I believe they were getting players back to begin practicing/working out as a team on the 10th.

I also agree with the earlier comment of nobody is going to half-ass the Spring season. There's still a Natty to win! It may seem like a bastardized Natty or an asterisk season, but I try to relate it to the shortened NHL season. As a Dallas Stars fan going into the playoffs, I remember thinking, if they win, will it really feel like a true Stanley Cup win? That feeling quickly went away and it was no different...killed me when the Stars lost. The only bad part about it was having to sit at home and watch the games without friends. Led to some fun group texts though!

As for MSU, those coaches and players know nothing else but the highest level of competitiveness. I think the only difference you might see from a normal season is that you'll see more of the depth being utilized. It will be common for starters to go into quarantine and miss a week or two. Give some younger guys opportunities, which in turn drives the starters harder. It's going to be fun! Just hope they allow fans, even if just at 25-50% capacity.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:02 pm

I think more teams are going to opt out in the coming days/weeks. St Francis opted out with no warning a day or 2 ago. Their star QB is transferring now as well. Maybe teams won't opt out for fear of losing players but we will see.

The other thing to consider is that any team that played more than 5 games in the fall can't participate in the spring because of the 11 game regular season rules. I know Central Arkansas is one of them. I believe there are a handful of others as well. That doesn't affect us or the BSC, just pointing it out.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:40 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:46 pm
I believe they were getting players back to begin practicing/working out as a team on the 10th.

I also agree with the earlier comment of nobody is going to half-ass the Spring season. There's still a Natty to win! It may seem like a bastardized Natty or an asterisk season, but I try to relate it to the shortened NHL season. As a Dallas Stars fan going into the playoffs, I remember thinking, if they win, will it really feel like a true Stanley Cup win? That feeling quickly went away and it was no different...killed me when the Stars lost. The only bad part about it was having to sit at home and watch the games without friends. Led to some fun group texts though!

As for MSU, those coaches and players know nothing else but the highest level of competitiveness. I think the only difference you might see from a normal season is that you'll see more of the depth being utilized. It will be common for starters to go into quarantine and miss a week or two. Give some younger guys opportunities, which in turn drives the starters harder. It's going to be fun! Just hope they allow fans, even if just at 25-50% capacity.
I'm with you, and although I'm 100% against a Spring season and I don't think it's a good idea... if they actually do play I'll be all in for supporting the team and excited to watch football! I'm just still thinking it might not happen, have heard some things (maybe rumors) about how it was all just a farce to keep people interested... and to keep some team unity and keep players from bailing, etc. I've heard it's just a matter of time before it gets cancelled but who really knows, hence why I posted and was hoping Colter or someone in the know can enlighten us.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!