MSU LadyBobcats vs NCU LadyBears

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FMFP_PHOTO
BobcatNation Team Captain

MSU LadyBobcats vs NCU LadyBears

Post by FMFP_PHOTO » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm

Hello BobcatNation,

It is Indoors sports time, here is a link to last night's game (WBB):

https://fmfp-photo.photoshelter.com/gal ... XI/?start=

Cheers, Felix
www.bobcatmagazines.com

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU LadyBobcats vs NCU LadyBears

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:03 pm

May I say, I was encouraged. They won a slowdown, play ugly, foul any shooter game last night — with defense. For a team with only six (?) games played, the players were doing a pretty coordinated job. To my eye, the rotations were simply smoother and more timely. Less thinking and more reacting. Kudos to Lexi for 8 rebounds and Darian for 16 points in a sub-60 game. She went 7 for 7 from the line, looking more like we remembered from last year. There are a bunch of good free throw shooters on this team. Kola knocks them down effortlessly.

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Our announcers this year are horrible. What happened to the guy from last season?
No choice but to just turn off the sound. It’s hard to listen to the crap! At least find someone who knows hoops. The analyst only can tell you how many minutes have gone by without a field goal! It’s scintillating 😂

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:47 pm
Our announcers this year are horrible. What happened to the guy from last season?
No choice but to just turn off the sound. It’s hard to listen to the crap! At least find someone who knows hoops. The analyst only can tell you how many minutes have gone by without a field goal! It’s scintillating 😂
The guy from last year, Jason Alvine, works for Northern Colorado now-you can hear him calling the men's game on Pluto right now. He was a UNC grad so he went home. I saw that they are looking for a permanent replacement for the MSU women's radio announcer. I'd do it, but there would probably be too many swear words... :lol:

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:11 pm

Darn..... I’ll take the swearing! I know these guys are doing their best, but I might go out and watch the sidewalk dry...... it’s more exciting ! Maybe they should have a fan guest announcer every game. I wouldn’t last a quarter if I took a drink every time he talks about how long a team had a scoring drought. 🤮

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:18 pm

I’ve never noticed that before! He just did it twice! :lol: :lol:

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:25 pm

It’s a great drinking game!