Choate to interview for Boise State job

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Choate to interview for Boise State job

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:56 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:27 am
I am hoping that Avalos proposed a much stronger group of assistants on his team. That is the one area where he can overcome the support that Choate will receive from Petersen.
I think that is actually a problem for us, Boise has some budget issues right now and I think Choate and a Choate staff would cost significantly less.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:25 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:21 pm

ibleedblue wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:37 am
stevo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:34 am
Somebody find out where that jet is headed next.
I’d bet a lot of $ that was it, that Choate and Avalos were the final 2 candidates and no one else. They wanted to do face-to-face with their final 2 in their own environments. I am guessing they will announce their choice soon.
True but i would bet they take this plane to go pick up the next coach of BSU to get him to Boise for the announcement.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:26 pm

stevo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:21 pm
ibleedblue wrote:
stevo wrote:
I’d bet a lot of $ that was it, that Choate and Avalos were the final 2 candidates and no one else. They wanted to do face-to-face with their final 2 in their own environments. I am guessing they will announce their choice soon.
True but i would bet they take this plane to go pick up the next coach of BSU to get him to Boise for the announcement.
I may or may not be checking the Flight Tracker website for Boise airport every hour or so for any inbound or outbound flights to either Bozeman or Eugene...

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:28 pm

stevo wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
stevo wrote:
Oh I see what you’re saying. That makes more sense.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:34 pm

I have charter flight alerts for Boise, Bozeman, and Eugene departures set up. :lol:

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:34 pm

ibleedblue wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:28 pm
stevo wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
stevo wrote:
I was wondering how that would work. Let's say Choate is hired as the new coach at BSU. Does he get time to have a meeting with the Bobcat players prior to the announcement? I'd always assumed head coaches would get to break the news to their players before the official announcement. But I guess the logistics of that wouldn't work.. Especially during Christmas break.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:01 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:34 pm
ibleedblue wrote:
stevo wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
stevo wrote:
I was wondering how that would work. Let's say Choate is hired as the new coach at BSU. Does he get time to have a meeting with the Bobcat players prior to the announcement? I'd always assumed head coaches would get to break the news to their players before the official announcement. But I guess the logistics of that wouldn't work.. Especially during Christmas break.
I would assume they get to do that. During the Fiesta Bowl the commentators talked about their conversation with Avalos and one of the things he mentioned was how important it was for him to address the team about even being considered for another job before they heard about it elsewhere.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:17 pm

Per the Twitter verse rumors:

- MSU is having a team meeting this afternoon (what does it mean...who knows. We do have a season to play as well.)
- Andy Avalos is currenting finalizing contract negotiations to become the next Head Coach

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:20 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:01 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
stevo wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
stevo wrote:
I would assume they get to do that. During the Fiesta Bowl the commentators talked about their conversation with Avalos and one of the things he mentioned was how important it was for him to address the team about even being considered for another job before they heard about it elsewhere.
No, Choate would not be able to tell anyone other than family and the AD. It is BSU that will make the announcement. Telling players would surely create a leak and preempt the announcement by BSU.

This has been going on for 2 weeks. I would imagine Choate has spoken with the players and told them that if he was offered the job he would take it.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:21 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:17 pm

- MSU is having a team meeting this afternoon (what does it mean...who knows. We do have a season to play as well.)
- Andy Avalos is currenting finalizing contract negotiations to become the next Head Coach

IF these reports are true I am not surprised that MSU is having a team meeting. I have no doubt that Choate would want to be completely transparent with his team on what happened and now looking forward what things look like now.

Hating the griz since 02.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:23 pm

rivercat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:20 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:01 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
stevo wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
stevo wrote:
No, Choate would not be able to tell anyone other than family and the AD. It is BSU that will make the announcement. Telling players would surely create a leak and preempt the announcement by BSU.

This has been going on for 2 weeks. I would imagine Choate has spoken with the players and told them that if he was offered the job he would take it.
Good to know. Makes sense in this day and age where social media can make an announcement long before the people/persons wanting to make the announcement have a chance.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:33 pm

It's like pre-game. Nervous and excited at the same time.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:35 pm

VimSince03 wrote:

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL WEEK... fingers crossed. Thanks VIM

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:38 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:35 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

But there are also plenty of people reading into that meeting with the reaction being its going to be Choate and he's telling the boys today.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:46 pm

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:16 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:38 pm
catatac wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:35 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

But there are also plenty of people reading into that meeting with the reaction being its going to be Choate and he's telling the boys today.
That's true, I was referring to the Chad Larsen post.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:18 pm

The AD finally speaks.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:19 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:18 pm

The AD finally speaks.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Congrats to Chad Larsen, whoever he is, on becoming Bobcat Nation's go-to source for info on Coach Choate's future at MSU.