Stadium improvements

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SnowGriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Stadium improvements

Post by SnowGriz » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:20 am

Drove past the stadium the other day...I know there are things ‘going on’ but what is happening in the south end zone? There have been threads and Chronicle articles on stadium, but what does this first improvement involve?

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Stadium improvements

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:40 am

Snowgriz you are directionally challenged. The major activity at Bobcat stadium is at the north end zone. You can go to Twitter and find a nice walkthrough video with our AD Leon Costello. As far as the south end zone goes it’s just anxiously waiting to be filled with Bobcat fans watching your team get dominated again. :D

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

SnowGriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by SnowGriz » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:04 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:40 am
Snowgriz you are directionally challenged. The major activity at Bobcat stadium is at the north end zone. You can go to Twitter and find a nice walkthrough video with our AD Leon Costello. As far as the south end zone goes it’s just anxiously waiting to be filled with Bobcat fans watching your team get dominated again. :D
I mean North! North-West-ish I guess, thanks for the correction

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:50 pm

SnowGriz wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:20 am
Drove past the stadium the other day...I know there are things ‘going on’ but what is happening in the south end zone? There have been threads and Chronicle articles on stadium, but what does this first improvement involve?
First phase going on right now is just the Bobcat Athletics Complex, including locker rooms, training, meeting and office spaces and other related programs. Remodeling in the fieldhouse after the football offices move. Rumors of a new video board when the project is complete. No new seating in this phase.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:05 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:50 pm
SnowGriz wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:20 am
First phase going on right now is just the Bobcat Athletics Complex, including locker rooms, training, meeting and office spaces and other related programs. Remodeling in the fieldhouse after the football offices move. Rumors of a new video board when the project is complete. No new seating in this phase.
Come on kittyKop. Tell he the truth. Oracle is building an indoor track and field stadium that seats 5000 for exclusive naming rights in perpititi. It will be used as a winter conditioning center for the tennis and golf team and is expected to be finished in about June 2023, seems there is a land use issue that needs resolved with the city zoning board. The bubble for football is being donated and built by Martell Construction with a completion date of Jan 2022, just after the national championship game win for the bobcats. The score board and north end zone bleachers are under review but the donor won't commit to the funding until Choate wins a national championship and stays for the season after the national championship. BSU is protesting those conditions on his hire date at BSU and are in negotiations of a buy out of the contract but are having issues coming to terms with financing. Rumors are that bobby Hauck has volunteered his salary for the next 3 years if his contract to sweeten the deal as long as his son gets double credit for all solo tackles and an assist on all other plays, including false starts. Merry Christmas and have a happy new year.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back