Not to look ahead, but .....

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Not to look ahead, but .....

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:43 pm

Did anyone see that EWU plays Cal Poly on Nov 6th. EWU already has 3 losses, so losing that one would put 4 on them. We then play EWU the week after that game. If we can beat EWU that will give us both the tiebreaker over EWU should be tie as well as a better record overall than them in case we have an at large bid. So I really think the Griz winning actually helped us out.

We then need a win at NAU or UM (preferrably UM), then to take the conference (assuming we don't go down to Sac State and lay an EGG).

First things first though, I can just see another Big Sky title rounding into form for us. We need to take care of SDSU this week as its going to be a tough game just like Cal Poly was for us.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Not to look ahead, but .....

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:51 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:... If we can beat EWU that will give us both the tiebreaker over EWU should be tie as well as a better record overall than them in case we have an at large bid. So I really think the Griz winning actually helped us out....
There you go. Another reason to cheer for the Griz. 8)

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:52 pm

Since the Griz can 'buy' home games in the playoffs. I would assume it would be better for them to get the Big Sky autobid than have them place 2nd in conference and 'buy' a playoff bid over other teams in 2nd place.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:55 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:Since the Griz can 'buy' home games in the playoffs. I would assume it would be better for them to get the Big Sky autobid than have them place 2nd in conference and 'buy' a playoff bid over other teams in 2nd place.
Cardiac, have you been drinking that bitter beer?? I might have to throw a flag on you. :wink:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:55 pm

WOW!

We really ARE putting the cart before the horse, aren't we...

Reality time:

After squeaking out the win over EWU, there's NO WAY the Griz will enter the Brawl with more than 1 conference loss (probably none). That means simply that the Cats can afford ONE & ONLY ONE conference loss before the matchup in Missoula. Eastern will be tough, NAU will be tougher in Flagstaff. Sac State should be as close to a gimme as this club has.

Lose to both EWU & NAU? Wait until next year...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:57 pm

El_Gato wrote:WOW!

Reality time:

After squeaking out the win over EWU, there's NO WAY the Griz will enter the Brawl with more than 1 conference loss (probably none). That means simply that the Cats can afford ONE & ONLY ONE conference loss before the matchup in Missoula. Eastern will be tough, NAU will be tougher in Flagstaff. Sac State should be as close to a gimme as this club has.

Well said and exactly right El_Gato. The Griz took care of business in Cheney and are now in command in the Sky with NAU coming to their house. The Cats still have a tough road(literally) ahead and cannot afford any slipups the rest of the way.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:06 pm

kmax wrote:
El_Gato wrote:WOW!

Reality time:

Well said and exactly right El_Gato. The Griz took care of business in Cheney and are now in command in the Sky with NAU coming to their house. The Cats still have a tough road(literally) ahead and cannot afford any slipups the rest of the way.
Remember .. NAU only has 1 loss as well. Who is everyone cheering for in that game? Should we lose at NAU they would have tiebreaker over us. If Griz win, then NAU has 2 losses and puts them out of conference chase.

So as stated above. We need to beat NAU or EWU and then it should come down to the BRAWL of the wild I guess.

Don't count out NAU/PORTLAND STATE games the Griz still have to play though. Both those teams could still pin a loss on UM if that defense and their miracle luck runs out :)

Hopefully someone will pin a loss on the Griz before Cat/Griz :)
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:08 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:Since the Griz can 'buy' home games in the playoffs. I would assume it would be better for them to get the Big Sky autobid than have them place 2nd in conference and 'buy' a playoff bid over other teams in 2nd place.
Cardiac, have you been drinking that bitter beer?? I might have to throw a flag on you. :wink:
It might be different now that Hogan is gone. Maybe thats where the Griz deficit came from? They used it to buy their home playoff game last year :)

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:35 pm

El_Gato wrote:... there's NO WAY the Griz will enter the Brawl with more than 1 conference loss (probably none)...
HUH? an objective and positive statement about the Griz?? It must have hurt.

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up? :wink:

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:39 pm

Meat, (I hate to copy jag, but I like it!)

Just because I hate 'em doesn't mean I can't or won't be objective. You guys have what we want, and we WANT IT NOW, DAMMIT!!!!

lol

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:47 pm

I think Portland State will match up well with the Griz and that will be a close game. NAU will be a stiff challenge as well. You never know about Sac State either. Remember, they are playing at the level of their competition, kind of like we are. (Except against SHS) Also, I like our chances against them. I'm guessing they have one loss before our game but 2 is a definite possibility.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:57 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
It might be different now that Hogan is gone. Maybe thats where the Griz deficit came from? They used it to buy their home playoff game last year :)
The game guarentee to NCAA is quite low for a playoff game. We will continue to host as many games as possible throughout the playoffs :D
Last edited by Eastcoastgriz on Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:53 am

PSU - UM....that game is this weekend or next weekend?

Either way, UM should win that game, but I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to see PSU come out on top. Tough OL, tough DL, and very well balanced offense. Their D being the top rated in the Big Sky is for real too. Still, I'd bet on the Griz, unless someone was giving me points, then I instantly take PSU.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:58 am

Cat Pride: Next weekend.

Weber plays EWU and I don't know the rest of the BSC games.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:16 pm

This is one of my biggest fears about the remainder of the schedule:

Northern Arizona!!

A) I believe Genghis Khan ruled the Far East the last time we beat NAU in Flagstaff. I'm not saying we CAN'T, but the last few times we've been there, it seems it was 21 - 0 before we even got off the bus! A win there will be tough, regardless of how the Jacks are playing heading into that contest...

B) I'll make this statement right now: AS LONG AS JEROME SAUERS IS COACHING NAU, THEY WILL NEVER DEFEAT THE GRIZZLIES. There are probably a TON of reasons why JS can't find a way to beat his old team, but I sincerely think he puts TOO MUCH emphasis on the Griz game and, as a result, the Jacks go into it so tight you couldn't shove a raisin up their arses! The Griz jump on the Jacks like the Jacks jump on us! Given where NAU is right now, I really don't think they have a PRAYER of defeating UM in the Dennydome.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:18 pm

El_Gato wrote:the Jacks go into it so tight you couldn't shove a raisin up their arses!

Eeeewww, why would want to shove raisins up anybody's one-eyed monster? They come out that way anyway.

:D