Troy Andersen = Taysom Hill

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Troy Andersen = Taysom Hill

Post by Bocephus » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:16 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:58 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:29 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:24 pm
I went out of my way to ask every single NFL scout I crossed paths with in press boxes this year about Troy. In Missoula, two of the scouts were glued to my phone watching the Bobcat game while attending the Griz game haha.

Every single one of the scouts I talked to said they thought that Troy Andersen is an offensive player at the next level, period. If you've listened to the Big Sky Breakdown, you know we think that Andersen should play on offense as well.

As one scout said, "The point of football is to score more touchdowns than your opponent and that kid the greatest touchdown scorer I've ever seen."
Wow, that's heady stuff. I'm not a scout (surprise!), but the first time I saw Andersen live in fall camp '17, I thought he was a RB all the way. Beautiful runner, like OJ Simpson, but not similar to OJ, just a distinct style that is awesome to behold. There hasn't been a player at the FCS as incredible to watch as Andersen since Randy Moss, IMO.
I agree his running style is beautiful. Unorthodox, but beautiful.
I would personally LOVE to see Troy and Isaiah rotated as the feature backs. Oh and they are both pretty good out of the wildcat it turns out. That would be a hard combo to stop! BUT......they can’t play him on defense, he gets too beat up playing both ways.

I bet we have another person who can play LB on this team, but there is no one who can play the RB position like he does.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:20 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:16 pm
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
I went out of my way to ask every single NFL scout I crossed paths with in press boxes this year about Troy. In Missoula, two of the scouts were glued to my phone watching the Bobcat game while attending the Griz game haha.

Every single one of the scouts I talked to said they thought that Troy Andersen is an offensive player at the next level, period. If you've listened to the Big Sky Breakdown, you know we think that Andersen should play on offense as well.

As one scout said, "The point of football is to score more touchdowns than your opponent and that kid the greatest touchdown scorer I've ever seen."
Wow, that's heady stuff. I'm not a scout (surprise!), but the first time I saw Andersen live in fall camp '17, I thought he was a RB all the way. Beautiful runner, like OJ Simpson, but not similar to OJ, just a distinct style that is awesome to behold. There hasn't been a player at the FCS as incredible to watch as Andersen since Randy Moss, IMO.
I would personally LOVE to see Troy and Isaiah rotated as the feature backs. Oh and they are both pretty good out of the wildcat it turns out. That would be a hard combo to stop! BUT......they can’t play him on defense, he gets too beat up playing both ways.

I bet we have another person who can play LB on this team, but there is no one who can play the RB position like he does.
As of right now Andersen is one of MSU's starting safeties. However, I think safety is a big transfer target this off-season. Troy will always play some running back/quarterback though.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:01 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

OJ was more of a slasher than Troy.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:12 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:01 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Lol.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:20 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:01 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Winner!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:43 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

He has always reminded me of Eric Dickerson in terms of running style and size.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:20 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:20 pm
Bocephus wrote:
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

As of right now Andersen is one of MSU's starting safeties. However, I think safety is a big transfer target this off-season. Troy will always play some running back/quarterback though.
Safety is where he will be playing at the next level.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 pm

seataccat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:20 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:20 pm
Bocephus wrote:
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Safety is where he will be playing at the next level.
And this level. With Hardy, the rest of the LB is deep with O’Reilly, Jobman, Kanow, Flovin, Choate, Oster, Gilman, Martin, Ulialakepa, Parks, Grebe and others.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:02 pm

Hybrid Linebacker/Rover
"So much defense is speed now," Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said. "You want to be a fast defensive unit. You open your eyes to guys who have that flexibility. They can play in the box and their skill set allows more speed on the field, and they can handle the runs in the box, but when you get them in space they can do that. It is becoming a passing league. To have speed on the field, guys who can control and play in space, is so important. It's opening up the minds of many to guys who can be that hybrid player."
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/is-t ... nfl-trend/

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:20 pm

I have wondered if Troy would fit well in an H-Back role at the next level in the mold of Kyle Jusczcyk-- sort of a FB/TE hybrid role but with added ability to carry the ball. I could see that being a fit for him, physically, and it would be a way to take advantage of his athleticism without forcing him into positions that he doesn't really fit at the NFL level (QB, RB, WR, TE).

With the Shanahan/Kubiak offense very much in vogue at the moment, there could be some opportunity to make a squad that way.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:01 pm

If it's been a while since you've listened to one of Colter's TA lovefests, a special guest joined him in the fun for a few minutes on Friday (30:30).

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/n ... 0502879428

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:19 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:01 pm
If it's been a while since you've listened to one of Colter's TA lovefests, a special guest joined him in the fun for a few minutes on Friday (30:30).

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/n ... 0502879428
Thanks, that was fun to listen to them talking about Troy.

They had some opinions about spring ball after that, which was also fun to listen to. Very animated discussion as always.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Thought this would be the best place to post this. My father, who loves Christmas decorations more than Clark Griswold himself, has been creating decorations for his yard in Kalispell since the early 90's. His most recent creation he decided to make a mockup a couple of Bobcat Christmas football players, and my nephew got to choose which players/numbers would be painted on. He being 9 chose his favorite Bobcat Troy Andersen 15 to be the quarterback and his washed up uncles favorite number 21 to be on the receiver. Here's a quick video of the decoration, he reads BN post from time to time, so let him know what you think. Merry Christmas!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:21 pm

Clark Griswold, indeed. Amazing. Creative. I love it!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Team10 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:09 pm
Thought this would be the best place to post this. My father, who loves Christmas decorations more than Clark Griswold himself, has been creating decorations for his yard in Kalispell since the early 90's. His most recent creation he decided to make a mockup a couple of Bobcat Christmas football players, and my nephew got to choose which players/numbers would be painted on. He being 9 chose his favorite Bobcat Troy Andersen 15 to be the quarterback and his washed up uncles favorite number 21 to be on the receiver. Here's a quick video of the decoration, he reads BN post from time to time, so let him know what you think. Merry Christmas!

wow! So great!

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Team10 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Looks good, thanks for posting!

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Watching the Saints/Vikings game and Taysom “really fills out a uniform” 6’2 225

Troy is 6’4 235 (correct) his future is going to be fun to watch, gotta keep him healthy, his ability to play either side of the ball and the impact he would have on any team has increased his the draft stock. He may redefine how the hybrid player is used.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:06 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Bump

toM StUber

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:18 am

Troy is a much better overall football player than Hill and it’s not even close.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:19 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:18 am
Troy is a much better overall football player than Hill and it’s not even close.
Thank you.

Have a wonderful day!!