Bobcat football is great but so is Darian White

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Bobcat football is great but so is Darian White

Post by 84CatGrad » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Forgive me for posting this on the football board but I wanted all of you Bobcat football fans to know that the Lady Bobcats have an absolute star in sophomore point guard Darian White. Today against University of Portland she had 24 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists and 5 steals in an 80-67 Bobcat win.

Do yourself a favor and take the time to watch this young lady and our very very young Bobcats. Virtually every game is available via streaming.

Apologies for breaking protocol but nobody looks at the basketball threads and I wanted to give this young lady a shout out where it would get noticed.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat football is great but so is Darian White

Post by CelticCat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:40 pm

She’s amazing. So fun to watch.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:39 pm

Quite okay with this post in the football section. She deserves some special kudos. Remember when Shannon Cate Schweyen was an All American for the Lady Griz? Darian has that type of impact on a game. It is impossible to watch her play and not be impressed with how talented she is.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:43 pm

One assist from a triple-double, in a matchup of two conference champions from last year — Big Sky at the West Coast Conference. Portland has a very good player of their own who nicked us for 31 points. The game was far closer than the end result. Darian and friends pretty well wore them out. Whoever said the 10-15 foot jump shot was a bad deal never watched Darian. She’s hanging in the air and dropping them with her left hand and her right hand (dominant). I’ve been watching Bobcat women’s basketball since about 1990, let’s say 30 years, and I’ve never seen anything like what Darian is doing. Kudos to her and to Coach Bin who runs a program that can attract a player like Darian White.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:13 am

She’ll be a multiple BSC MVP. Great talent.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:25 am

Where are they streaming?

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:49 am

lutecat wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:25 am
Where are they streaming?
PlutoTV if at home, but the last three have been on the road. Go to the schedule at https://msubobcats.com/sports/womens-b ... l/schedule and click WATCH on the particular game. BYU was on BYU TV online, Utah was on the PAC-12 app, and the Portland game was on Stadium. It looks like Stadium archives all the games after a day or two.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:43 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:10 pm
Forgive me for posting this on the football board but I wanted all of you Bobcat football fans to know that the Lady Bobcats have an absolute star in sophomore point guard Darian White. Today against University of Portland she had 24 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists and 5 steals in an 80-67 Bobcat win.

Do yourself a favor and take the time to watch this young lady and our very very young Bobcats. Virtually every game is available via streaming.

Apologies for breaking protocol but nobody looks at the basketball threads and I wanted to give this young lady a shout out where it would get noticed.
IMO five steals is at least the equivalent of 10 rebounds or 10 assists. Teams often don’t get five steals in a game. It’s also rare for a 5’ 6” player to get 11 boards in a game.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:09 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:43 am
84CatGrad wrote:

IMO five steals is at least the equivalent of 10 rebounds or 10 assists. Teams often don’t get five steals in a game. It’s also rare for a 5’ 6” player to get 11 boards in a game.
Totally agree.

Isn't it crazy how sometimes those small guys (and ladies) just have a knack for getting to the ball. Some people just have that gift of knowing right where the ball will come of the rim when it's still in flight. Very impressive and a hidden art in my opinion.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:27 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:09 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:43 am
84CatGrad wrote:

Totally agree.

Isn't it crazy how sometimes those small guys (and ladies) just have a knack for getting to the ball. Some people just have that gift of knowing right where the ball will come of the rim when it's still in flight. Very impressive and a hidden art in my opinion.
Not art. Physics. 😉

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:01 pm

Maybe coulda been called for a foul here, but this play really shows how hard Darian plays all the time:

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:07 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:01 pm
Maybe coulda been called for a foul here, but this play really shows how hard Darian plays all the time:
Tori looked totally shocked — just gobsmacked.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:21 pm

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... 1dd1a.html
“We’re developing her for the next level because she’s going to be good enough. I would take Darian running the show for us on both ends of the floor any day,” Binford said. “She’s a tremendous leader and fantastic teammate. She leaves it all on the floor.”