Alex Wilcox

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Alex Wilcox

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:14 am

The job listed in Nov. was for a Director of football S&C. I'm guessing ,since it was worded as it was, that Sauer would stay the same and run the other sports. That listing was taken down in early Dec. so they could be close on the hire.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:49 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:15 am
I'm not trying to say that Alex is replaceable because he's not not but didn't we just get a very highly respected S&C coach to come work for us in the past couple of years? If I remember correctly, wasn't he the head S&C coach at a fairly prestigious (for football) school for a very long time and moved here to be closer to family?
I remember that. When I read his strong resumé I thought for awhile that Alex had left. But this may have been the assistant in the summer of 2019 that they advertised at $50K. Alex would have been making considerably more than that. We’ll know if and when the position is advertised but I’ll bet they promote internally.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:02 am

The money at the larger school for this position are topping $500K so it may have been the money. Either way it is a tough loss. I don't think there is a coach on the staff that spends more time with the players than the S&C coach.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:27 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:02 am
The money at the larger school for this position are topping $500K so it may have been the money. Either way it is a tough loss. I don't think there is a coach on the staff that spends more time with the players than the S&C coach.
More than that. I heard there might be programs approaching $1,000,000 for this position. if it's true he was making $35,000, that's a sad deal.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!