WBB at Portland

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

WBB at Portland

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Tied at the half.
Darian White is running circles around them and has 14 points. But our shooting is just abysmal. We led most of the half, but the Pilots hit a three near the end of the half to tie it up.

https://watchstadium.com/live/montana-s ... -portland/

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Re: WBB at Portland

Post by RobertCats » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Martell finally getting some open looks and drills some back to back 3's.

I am not sure I would ever press MSU when White is in the game, she breaks the press with ease and is deadly in transition. 20 points 6 boards and 4 assists for Darian. Msu up 49-41

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:39 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:24 pm
Martell finally getting some open looks and drills some back to back 3's.

I am not sure I would ever press MSU when White is in the game, she breaks the press with ease and is deadly in transition. 20 points 6 boards and 4 assists for Darian. Msu up 49-41
UP is double teaming White big time on the press because right now she is the only one who can break it. Our other players are picking up their dribble too quickly and getting trapped. We’ve had four 10-second violations this game.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Oh my eyes...this has been one ugly basketball game. Our freshmen are good, but they need to know when to shoot it and when to not...

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Okay now we're cooking-up 13 with under two minutes left. Really settled down in this last stretch and played well.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:03 pm

24 points - 11 rebounds - 9 assists - 5 steals by Darian.

Nice days work for the young lady.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Nice performance by Tori to pickup the scoring second half. Kind of broke their back at a key point.

I believe we out rebounded UP.

Too many turnovers off the press. Seems like we continue to struggle against an aggressive press. Thank goodness Darian was able to break it herself most of game but there are other ways to pass around a press which I wished we could do better.

Freshmen lost their man on defense resulting in a lot of back doors. Needed Blaire back on the court against their big lady....who was tough on the inside. Kola and Skye too foul prone at this point.

Beattie had a big 3 ball and nice steal. Lexi Deden is going to be all-conference by her senior year in my view.

Didn’t see Madison Jackson on the floor. Perhaps I missed it.

Good win by the Ladies. Our young team continues to grow! Love watching them progress.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:59 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:16 pm
Nice performance by Tori to pickup the scoring second half. Kind of broke their back at a key point.

I believe we out rebounded UP.

Too many turnovers off the press. Seems like we continue to struggle against an aggressive press. Thank goodness Darian was able to break it herself most of game but there are other ways to pass around a press which I wished we could do better.

Freshmen lost their man on defense resulting in a lot of back doors. Needed Blaire back on the court against their big lady....who was tough on the inside. Kola and Skye too foul prone at this point.

Beattie had a big 3 ball and nice steal. Lexi Deden is going to be all-conference by her senior year in my view.

Didn’t see Madison Jackson on the floor. Perhaps I missed it.

Good win by the Ladies. Our young team continues to grow! Love watching them progress.
Right after my post being critical of the freshmen's shot selection, Beattie hit that dagger of a three that put us on our way. But it was a good shot, within the offense, with her feet set.

Jackson was not suited up, but on the bench. Injury???

Lindsay had some nice offensive moments. I think the rust will keep shaking off. She's a good one.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:03 pm

Darian White. Wow. Once our post players get their legs this will be a dangerous team.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Don't know why it is but everyday the CATS play my brain clicks in at about 4:00 and I remember they have (had) a game. Should set an alarm on my phone but then I would forget why my alarm went off. Too many bumps on the head.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:16 pm

That Portland team was ranked No. 21 in the most recent Mid-Major Top 25 poll. That's a great win.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:33 pm

What's the best women's single game performance at MSU? Those are video game stats.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:34 pm

Nice win on the road =D^

Wow, too many former coaches critiquing these ladies, a win against a WCC team, NUF said =D^

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:38 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:18 pm
Don't know why it is but everyday the CATS play my brain clicks in at about 4:00 and I remember they have (had) a game. Should set an alarm on my phone but then I would forget why my alarm went off. Too many bumps on the head.
Ha!

Well set it for Noon MST on Monday for WBB against South Dakota State. SDSU is typically in top 25 but have fallen out early part of this year.

MBB set it for 7 pm MST for game against Wazzou tomorrow. And 1 pm on Tuesday against Portland.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:53 pm

CatBot wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:33 pm
What's the best women's single game performance at MSU? Those are video game stats.
Don’t know. The announcers were talking about one of the Lady Cats with a triple double sometime in the early 2000s but I didn’t catch the name. I think we will see Darian get a couple before her career is done. Still surprises me she gets as many rebounds as she does. Just anticipates and is faster to the ball than anyone else.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:19 pm

autocat wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:34 pm
Nice win on the road =D^

Wow, too many former coaches critiquing these ladies, a win against a WCC team, NUF said =D^
Indeed a great win for a young team. Looking forward to many more in the years to come. A lot of positives performances noted by a number of commenters.

And I apologize from the bottom of my heart and soul for offering any observations. It was a profound oversight on my part to have any thoughts about an event that would be outside the norms expected by any and all participants on the board. I must have been caught up in the excitement of a great win. I will never let it happen again without your expressed approval in writing. Sorry sorry sorry sorry. Please forgive us. I don’t know how I can ever make it up to you. :?

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:07 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:19 pm
autocat wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:34 pm
Nice win on the road =D^

Indeed a great win for a young team. Looking forward to many more in the years to come. A lot of positives performances noted by a number of commenters.

And I apologize from the bottom of my heart and soul for offering any observations. It was a profound oversight on my part to have any thoughts about an event that would be outside the norms expected by any and all participants on the board. I must have been caught up in the excitement of a great win. I will never let it happen again without your expressed approval in writing. Sorry sorry sorry sorry. Please forgive us. I don’t know how I can ever make it up to you. :?
I enjoyed your comments, as well as the others. We are tied, with three other teams, for the youngest team in the nation at an average age of 19.3! I viewed the constructive comments about where we can improve as compliments — this team is pretty good now and they aren’t anywhere near tapping their potential.

They are now 2-2 and have only been out-scored by six points against North Dakota, BYU, Utah, and Portland while playing on the road three times in a row. This is going to be fun to watch.
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:32 am

RickRund wrote:
Almost any calendaring system can be subscribed to the team calendar from https://msubobcats.com/sports/womens-b ... l/schedule. Look for the dark blue Add To Calendar button. This only needs to be done one time, and will then continue to work year after year. I would have missed today’s game but the automatic calendar entry saved me.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:40 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:32 am
RickRund wrote:
Almost any calendaring system can be subscribed to the team calendar from https://msubobcats.com/sports/womens-b ... l/schedule. Look for the dark blue Add To Calendar button. This only needs to be done one time, and will then continue to work year after year. I would have missed today’s game but the automatic calendar entry saved me.
Cool.... Thank you

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.