WBB vs North Dakota

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: WBB vs North Dakota

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:54 am

nevadacat wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:45 pm

UND also has 3 tackles and 12 yards rushing on 4 carries in the first half.
Ha! One possible Coach’s comment.....“Welcome to Division I basketball ladies........now let’s talk about our reasons for why we want you in the weight room!!!”

But seriously, we obviously saw the “out-of-control” plays, the tentative court leadership, the rebounding deficiencies, etc etc.
But boy oh boy I saw a lot of good things from a group of ladies that were on the court as a team for the first time....all I can say is there is a lot of good talent to build on and grow and I think we are going to have a fun team to watch over the next four years.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:56 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:54 am
nevadacat wrote:

Ha! One possible Coach’s comment.....“Welcome to Division I basketball ladies........now let’s talk about our reasons for why we want you in the weight room!!!”

But seriously, we obviously saw the “out-of-control” plays, the tentative court leadership, the rebounding deficiencies, etc etc.
But boy oh boy I saw a lot of good things from a group of ladies that were on the court as a team for the first time....all I can say is there is a lot of good talent to build on and grow and I think we are going to have a fun team to watch over the next four years.
Absolutely! This is a really good reload (not rebuild) after losing the amazing seniors last year. And to think that next year’s known slots are already signed. This is a program that is honestly gaining momentum every year. Just a few years ago and there is no way we get the players that are being attracted to the program now. They still have high-character kids (as Trish calls ‘em), high scholastic achievers, and play an exciting style of basketball. Who wouldn’t want to join a team like that? I’m all in on this team again.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:53 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:56 am
BobcatDel wrote:
nevadacat wrote:

Absolutely! This is a really good reload (not rebuild) after losing the amazing seniors last year. And to think that next year’s known slots are already signed. This is a program that is honestly gaining momentum every year. Just a few years ago and there is no way we get the players that are being attracted to the program now. They still have high-character kids (as Trish calls ‘em), high scholastic achievers, and play an exciting style of basketball. Who wouldn’t want to join a team like that? I’m all in on this team again.
Agreed! I mentioned to Trish in one of FB meetings that it looked like she was bringing in such quality players these last few years that she has really positioned the team for year on year success as one of the best in the conference well into the future. Last night just confirmed that view. Still a long way to go but I am optimistic.

I was watching the game in a local pub with a couple guys. One of the new freshmen ladies took an outside shot, actually followed her shot, got the board and made a lay-in. I told the guys I thought they outlawed that play in the 1960s!😁

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:15 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:53 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
nevadacat wrote:

Agreed! I mentioned to Trish in one of FB meetings that it looked like she was bringing in such quality players these last few years that she has really positioned the team for year on year success as one of the best in the conference well into the future. Last night just confirmed that view. Still a long way to go but I am optimistic.

I was watching the game in a local pub with a couple guys. One of the new freshmen ladies took an outside shot, actually followed her shot, got the board and made a lay-in. I told the guys I thought they outlawed that play in the 1960s!😁
THIS!!! It drives me INSANE!!! Even at the High School level...

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:38 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:53 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
nevadacat wrote:

Katelynn Limardo. :shock: =D^ =D^ =D^

aucat

Post by aucat » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:46 am

Maddening to not be able to attend the game in person. Watching on TV is fine but with so many new players it is hard
to get the details.

Why didn't Skye Lindsey play? I saw her on the bench. Is she injured?

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:14 pm

aucat wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:46 am
Maddening to not be able to attend the game in person. Watching on TV is fine but with so many new players it is hard
to get the details.

Why didn't Skye Lindsey play? I saw her on the bench. Is she injured?
She should be back and get some playing time this week. Hopefully.