UNLV

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: UNLV

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:01 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:45 pm
Has anyone heard anything on why Kirby did not play last night? They were dominant even without him. Very impressive. Go Cats!!
No. I was looking to see if he was on sideline but I couldn’t find him. So if he didn’t travel could be a number of things; ill, contact protocol, injury....Will have to wait and see.

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:05 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:58 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:16 pm
lv2hoop wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:11 pm
Regardless of whether the Aggies are getting beat, Rollie is going to be a good player in the MW. Obviously things happened to sour the early commitment by Rollie, which led to his recruitment to an even bigger school. The Griz losing out on him, if nothing else, is a big loss for attendance at home in Missoula.
Rollie is going to be a good one. Griz_00’s response show how little he knows.
Oh, no doubt Rollie is going to be a good one. But so is Whitney, the replacement. And if we are being honest, Rollie may have committed to the “bigger” school, but if SDSU can run them out of the gym, UM would one up that.
SDSU lost to number 15 ranked West Virginia by 8. They are a solid team that will get votes in the next Top 25 poll. They would roll UM. And before you start talking trash, maybe you should watch the first game of the season and see if Whitney gets to start like Rollie... Remember the last time you talked sh1t with Gaskin where it landed you?

By the way, I thought you were banned when you were Grizaddict? Did you get a new email allowing you to register again?
First of all, our guards are better than Utah States. It wouldn’t be a bad thing for Whitney to take a back seat to the all time NCAA assist record holder, and someone who is proven at the D1 level after averaging 10 pts and 8 ast last season. Utah State returned no serious players in the backcourt. We have reloaded.
Secondly, SDSU would roll us? Are you serious? Last I checked a couple years back when they were better than they are now, had Daum, and had the longest active home winning streak in the NCAA, we gave them a good old reality check. Just like we will give you in conference play. That West Virginia team that is sooooo good also barely squeaked out a win against a freshman heavy VCU team. Yes, VCU. Might want to look a little deeper next time.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:07 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:05 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:
Regardless of whether the Aggies are getting beat, Rollie is going to be a good player in the MW. Obviously things happened to sour the early commitment by Rollie, which led to his recruitment to an even bigger school. The Griz losing out on him, if nothing else, is a big loss for attendance at home in Missoula.
Oh, no doubt Rollie is going to be a good one. But so is Whitney, the replacement. And if we are being honest, Rollie may have committed to the “bigger” school, but if SDSU can run them out of the gym, UM would one up that.
SDSU lost to number 15 ranked West Virginia by 8. They are a solid team that will get votes in the next Top 25 poll. They would roll UM. And before you start talking trash, maybe you should watch the first game of the season and see if Whitney gets to start like Rollie... Remember the last time you talked sh1t with Gaskin where it landed you?

By the way, I thought you were banned when you were Grizaddict? Did you get a new email allowing you to register again?
First of all, our guards are better than Utah States. It wouldn’t be a bad thing for Whitney to take a back seat to the all time NCAA assist record holder, and someone who is proven at the D1 level after averaging 10 pts and 8 ast last season. Utah State returned no serious players in the backcourt. We have reloaded.
Secondly, SDSU would roll us? Are you serious? Last I checked a couple years back when they were better than they are now, had Daum, and had the longest active home winning streak in the NCAA, we gave them a good old reality check. Just like we will give you in conference play. That West Virginia team that is sooooo good also barely squeaked out a win against a freshman heavy VCU team. Yes, VCU. Might want to look a little deeper next time.
Get everyone! Jizzaddict is back!

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:08 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:07 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:05 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

Get everyone! Jizzaddict is back!
If you have doubts about Whitney, here is him not only getting into a shootout with Skyy Clarke, a Kentucky commit, but outscoring him.

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:32 am

No doubt that Whitney will be a good one for the Griz. I just question how you guys couldn’t land a local student - athlete when he was already verbally committed. Seems like a no brainer — especially from the standpoint of local interest.

Personally, I’d love to see Rollie at some point back in the Treasure State but in blue and gold!!

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:42 am

lv2hoop wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:32 am
No doubt that Whitney will be a good one for the Griz. I just question how you guys couldn’t land a local student - athlete when he was already verbally committed. Seems like a no brainer — especially from the standpoint of local interest.

Personally, I’d love to see Rollie at some point back in the Treasure State but in blue and gold!!
Rollie is going to be a good one, and if he does transfer back I’d like your odds before ours. From what I heard Rollie was thinking about transferring to a prep school in Ga. Travis then confronted him wondering why he’d need more exposure when he was already committed. I don’t know what happened exactly between then and the decommitment but.......

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:58 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:45 pm
Has anyone heard anything on why Kirby did not play last night? They were dominant even without him. Very impressive. Go Cats!!
Good question. I didn’t hear the pregame show on the radio where usually such things are addressed. I didn’t even realize he did not play until I saw the box score and read that Belo played the most minutes, I think. That’s not good in the long term. I was certainly pleased with how mobile Belo was.

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:06 am

Congrats on your victory over UNLV the other night. Too bad it wasn't the UNLV of 1994-95 that you beat.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:02 am

Griz__00 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:42 am
lv2hoop wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:32 am

Rollie is going to be a good one, and if he does transfer back I’d like your odds before ours. From what I heard Rollie was thinking about transferring to a prep school in Ga. Travis then confronted him wondering why he’d need more exposure when he was already committed. I don’t know what happened exactly between then and the decommitment but.......
Rollie was playing in a football camp at UM and Travis didn't want him to play. That made Rollie mad and the next week he was in a football camp at MSU. Travis didn't like that either but Sprinkle came to the stadium to cheer him on haha. I'm not positive that's why he flipped but I know it was pretty much at the same time.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

SDSU just beat Iowa St ranked 15....76-69. So they beat Utah St and Iowa St, and lost to WVU by 9. Not bad.....

2024 Resume dominance

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:55 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

SDSU just beat Iowa St ranked 15....76-69. So they beat Utah St and Iowa St, and lost to WVU by 9. Not bad.....
Actually, South Dakota State just lost to a Saint Mary’s team with a bunch of turnover by 13. They don’t play Iowa State until Wednesday 12/2.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:29 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:55 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

Actually, South Dakota State just lost to a Saint Mary’s team with a bunch of turnover by 13. They don’t play Iowa State until Wednesday 12/2.
Hey Grizaddict, how is that UM game going against USC =D^ \:D/

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:36 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:29 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

Not bad actually thanks for asking. After a ****** start we outscored them 54-44 in the last 27 minutes. We didn’t start well. What else would you expect from a team with 9 newcomers playing a team that already had a tune up game.
Oh and btw, did you see that bad man Brandon Whitney at a mere 6’0” 180 lbs going to the paint and giving the Mobley brothers buckets?😉

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:29 pm

Whitney looked like the best offensive player for you guys — he’s seriously legit! Congrats to Travis for getting him to Missoula, as it’s gonna be fun watching him and Xavier going at each other in January.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:05 am

Griz__00 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:36 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

Not bad actually thanks for asking. After a ****** start we outscored them 54-44 in the last 27 minutes. We didn’t start well. What else would you expect from a team with 9 newcomers playing a team that already had a tune up game.
Oh and btw, did you see that bad man Brandon Whitney at a mere 6’0” 180 lbs going to the paint and giving the Mobley brother buckets?😉
Always an excuse from GrizAgenda. And the way you talk, nobody would know that you lost 76 to 62! 😂😂😂. And I see that incredible transfer with the assist record had an amazing 2 assists tonight!

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:21 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:05 am
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

Oh and btw, did you see that bad man Brandon Whitney at a mere 6’0” 180 lbs going to the paint and giving the Mobley brother buckets?😉
Always an excuse from GrizAgenda. And the way you talk, nobody would know that you lost 76 to 62! 😂😂😂. And I see that incredible transfer with the assist record had an amazing 2 assists tonight!
A 14 pt loss after a horrendous start against the Mobley brothers. What exactly is your point. My point is Brandon Whitney is going to give this conference some buckets for these next 4 years. And if you watched the game, Parker was dishing dimes, dudes were either missing shots, or it went straight through the players hands because they weren’t expecting it.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:26 am

Hey, would you two like me to go start a Griz basketball thread over in the College Sports forum for you to continue this enlightening discussion? Happy to do so.

Getting back to Bobcat basketball, here's a nice interview clip with Coach Sprinkle talking about the UNLV game.
https://twitter.com/alexeschelman/status/1332488547761348608

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:55 pm

Griz__00 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

Must have been an old score. Since Covid I have watched replays 2 to 3 years old and thought I was watching new stuff.....my bad!

2024 Resume dominance

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

Would you please stop responding to the idiot? Good grief. You two are ruining the thread.

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:33 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lv2hoop wrote:

Would you please stop responding to the idiot? Good grief. You two are ruining the thread.
It’s because he knows I’m right. He said to come back when whitney actually did something. Well. He played 34 minutes, had 17 points, 3 assists, and 0 turnovers against USC for a freshman debut. That good enough for you to realize the man is business?